Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
It's gotten to the point where I almost feel bad for Collins (not really) because these old fakkit GOPers are telling her her career is over is she's a No. But fukk them, do what you feel. Unfortunately I think this is a little show she's putting on.. she's a yes she just wants it to look like she cares.
Susan is playing with your emotions. That’s how she gets off.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
That's a dangerous precedent though. What happens when the guy isn't a piece of shyt judge?
nobody me too'd neil gorsuch. not every guy is gonna get me too'd going forward. kavanaugh is shyt for a variety of obvious reasons and cannot be on the supreme court.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That's a dangerous precedent though. What happens when the guy isn't a piece of shyt judge?

For the record, I'm not at all worried nor do I worry about #metoo, but you cannot compare regular citizens to judges. Judges need to be investigated and then investigated again and again and allegations need to be looked at without time limits and constraints. They are holding positions that have a massive impact on our everyday lives.

If you are concerned about teachers or roadside workers or electricians that's fine, that's for another day. I will never have an issue with politicians being held to high standards and for a judge.. I want them to be as squeaky clean as humanly possible. They need to be trusted and have integrity. Bart has none.

Daps

If the guy wasn't a piece of shyt judge, it would be pretty hard to find multiple sources saying he's a piece of shyt, wouldn't it?

Why are people acting as if he's ENTITLED to be a Supreme Court Justice??

Nobody is taking anything away from him if he doesn't get the promotion.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Dems holding their biggest L in years this week. Rapist on the SC. Woman's rights are about to be slashed like a black friday sale.
It’s not just women who will be harmed by the court.

The question is do we just sit back and let the court allow us to get screwed, or do we understand the court has no army?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Also, just so we're clear. The GOP could have not promoted.. again all this is is a promotion.. Bart and chose someone else at any time. They want him there because Trump wants him there because of how he views executive power and some of them think he may try to overturn Roe v Wade too.

They would have still gotten their conservative judge on the court. And that person probably wouldn't have gotten #MeToo'd. Gorsuch didn't get me too, a few Dems even voted for him..

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I want them to be as squeaky clean as humanly possible.

That got Al Franken tossed from the Senate.

In regards to Kavanaugh there were other issues they could have attacked his integrity on but chose to bet the house on the sexual assault allegations. They should have done more to paint him as untrustworthy out of the gate as they had the ammo. Dems just aren't competent enough to push a narrative unless it's trending. The GOP made Obama's pastor a huge story but the Dems couldn't weave a tale out of gambling and shady finances? I don't buy it. They are lazy and incompetent. They were ready to just lay down before Feinstein's hail mary.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
what are you talking about? he has a horrible judicial record.
and its also not a dangerous precedent at all. hes clearly lied under oath and the ford and ramirez accusations are both highly credible. these arent randos coming out of the woodwork to sling mud at him.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
If the guy wasn't a piece of shyt judge, it would be pretty hard to find multiple sources saying he's a piece of shyt, wouldn't it?

Weren't there like 11 women who came out against Franken (and mysteriously disappeared as soon as he got the boot). No one thinks Franken is a piece of shyt. Like I say, it sets a bad precedent and we've already seen how it could play out on the Dems side but you all are determined to have history repeat itself.