Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

@mkraju
Murkowski left closed-door briefing on the Kavanaugh probe and said she was still reviewing the contents of the FBI investigation. She said she wants to read the report herself when asked if she believed the investigation was thorough enough.

“I’m not wasting any daylight here”

1:23 PM - Oct 4, 2018
@mkraju

Murkowski also said there were “readers” reading the report aloud to senators.

She was also asked if based on what she knows, does she agree with Susan Collins that Kavanaugh probably would NOT overturn Roe v Wade, she said: “I would concur.”
w/@jeremyherb
1:24 PM - Oct 4, 2018

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You are dead wrong, regardless of the spin the alt Reich news propaganda machines are spitting, REAL polling is showing that the Repubs and the way they have treated this, especially Trump, Linds, and McConnel has been VERY TOXIC and will have a lot of conservative women staying home, while this has FIRED UP the blue base even more, if that was even possible. I do hope that Repubs actually think that their base is fired up, less will vote, and it will be a Trump like surprise for them when they lose both the house and the senate.

I honestly envy your optimism. :wow:

But if Republican women didn't stay home when "grab em by the p*zzy" Trump ran, I doubt they care about Kavanaugh actually doing so. :francis:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

@mkraju
After a closed-door briefing, Susan Collins, flanked by a uniformed police officer, refused to comment when we asked if she believed there should have been more witnesses interviewed. “I’ve not yet finished going through all the materials,” Collins said.
1:38pm · 4 Oct 2018
@mkraju
Asked if she still believed it was a thorough investigation, Collins said: “As I said, I’m not going to go further.” At one point, the Capitol Hill cop pulled her by the arm to direct her out of building and later slammed the door on reporters trailing her in a public hallway
1:41pm · 4 Oct 2018

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

@ChadPergram
Murkowski says that there are “readers” in the SCIF, who “read” the report to the senators aloud. That’s because there’s only one copy of the report and multiple people can’t look at the same piece of paper at once.
1:27 PM - 4 Oct 2018

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
The next Dem running for president should run on an abolish the Supreme Court platform.
The Supreme Court has been forever tarnished by the Kavanaugh nomination. They could play clips proving he is nothing more than a partisan hack all day and argue that it is no longer apolitical as it was intended and hasn't been for a long time.
Furthermore I forget the actual stats but in the near future it will be something like 70% of the senate representing 25% of the country. There is nothing democratic about this.
Replacing the Supreme Court has a very simple solution. As the cases they try tend to be of great importance, once a year hold an election where the citizens actually get a say on all the major cases on the docket.
A platform of restoring democracy and allowing majority rule would be very enticing to a lot of people and would at least change the argument.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one cared about any of those things.

The drunken rapist narrative relates closer to the abortion argument that pro life conservatives said was a lynch pin.

Assuming that a bunch of degenerate Senators are going to vote down another degenerate for being degenerate is a much larger Longshot.

Besides, there is no way to get to the bottom. Of the debt payoffs or perjury if republicans, as they've shown when those issues were brought up, to subpoena the required parties and information.
Meh the democrats had a issue that the GOP ( especially turtle face )doesn’t give a fukk about civility or decorum or bipartisanship it normal processes . They will lie threaten obstruct whatever they need to do to keep power as a lot of the things they support goes against the best interests of their constituents. While the democratic leadership isn’t fighting back especially Schumer ( pelosi tries but she has the Hilary unlikeability factor ) and I don’t get why . Graham was out and out threatening them and Schumer is like :yeshrug: the ones who do fight are dismissed with the ohh they are potential 2020 candidates so that’s why they are fighting

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
100,000 churches representing 45 million church goers want Kavanaugh to withdraw nomination. Is it worth it Turtle?
The GOP is in Thanos Mode completely

"What did it cost...?" - Gammora

We won't know until the sequel...coming 2019...

Last edited:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
The next Dem running for president should run on an abolish the Supreme Court platform.

tenor.gif

What next? Throw all of his political opponents in jail?:heh: