Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need to repeat myself again, JOE MANCHIN'S RE-ELECTION CAMPAIGN WAS NEVER IN DANGER.

Stop telling me what Hillary did or didn't do. Joe Manchin has been an elected official in WV since 1983ish. He is WV. He was elected during the tea party wave and bodied the competition. Nobody is dethroning Manchin in WV period.

This is what I mean. You nikkas haven't been checking the polls. You don't know about the Republican party infighting for the senate. You don't know manchin's political history. You dont know that Manchin received more votes than Shelley Moore Capito. You don't even know Capito. All you can do is quote what Hillary did.

:snoop:

And you think he would continue to body the competition if he was a bona dude liberal/progressive? You think if he were to say, advocate for an assault weapons ban and limiting magazine capacity. Or if rather than playing it close to the vest by saying he wants to wait for the investigation he stated immediately when Bart was nominated that would vote no? The only reason Manchin wins statewide races (where it is otherwise all GOP) is because he is socially more conservative (pro life in name, guns) but hasn’t abandoned WV’s tradition of supporting unions, not aligning himself too closely with monied classes and being seen as a defender of the states jndustries (against cap and trade etc).

Yes Manchin is incredibly popular in WV, but the minute a Republican candidate comes around and is able to tie him to the Dem party at large, even he can lose. He continues to win precisely bc of the separation he’s able to maintain.

Tell me which issues can Manchin move further to the left and continue to win?

Gusto

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Manchin knows his constituents. "Boys will be boys :mjpls::manny:" is the general attitude about these sort of things out there. But they don't like liars either, so he could go either way.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Isn’t the real problem that these 3 or 4 Senators are always the swing votes?

Remember when Justice Roberts sided with Obama on one aspect of Obamacare? Conservatives were ready to call in the Marines to kill him.

It’s as if you can’t make a conservative argument for liberal policy and move anyone except two people. That’s insane.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?

Welp, that means turtle has the votes as of right now, or he wouldn’t bring it for a vote. A lot can happen in 3 days, so stay on the phone and writing emails, y’all. There has to be something left to do, and if not, fukk it, we need to keep the pressure up. I wrote a nasty fukking email to kg today, and will write them everyday, especially if we win big, they need to know they have to follow through, not just some holding hands shyt. Steel sharpen steel