Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
People say 50 state strategy but... if he were an independent who occasionally voted with the democrats would that be a difference?

I mean I really don't care he's WV's senator not mine, but does he really need party ID at this point? I feel he'd draw enough from both sides to win, albeit by a closer margin.
It's a tough call. One would think because of Manchin's name he could run as an independent and win. The reality though is that the WV electorate is not like Alaska or Maine. Manchin could never run in a republican primary because he's not conservative enough. (i.e Alaska has an Independent Governor who is really a republican; Maine has an Independent Senator who was also a governor like Manchin.)

The real question is what do Manchin voters actually want? That's the crux of the issue I have with the "red state Democrats have to do what they have to do" mantra. Is that the reality on the ground or are they just using that as a crutch to be d bag politicians?

Folks don't realize that these centrist feed into conservative lies by playing the role as the "grown person in the room". Because the real grown-ups would tell you straight up that Kavanaugh is a no without the FBI investigation. The real grown-ups don't need an FBI report to tell you that the White House limiting the scope to certain people, or McConnell forcing a vote this week is the wrong thing to do.

But people like Manchin, Collins, and Murkowski hedge their bets and secure their jobs by playing the crazies against the desperate.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a tough call. One would think because of Manchin's name he could run as an independent and win. The reality though is that the WV electorate is not like Alaska or Maine. Manchin could never run in a republican primary because he's not conservative enough. (i.e Alaska has an Independent Governor who is really a republican; Maine has an Independent Senator who was also a governor like Manchin.)

The real question is what do Manchin voters actually want? That's the crux of the issue I have with the "red state Democrats have to do what they have to do" mantra. Is that the reality on the ground or are they just using that as a crutch to be d bag politicians?

Folks don't realize that these centrist feed into conservative lies by playing the role as the "grown person in the room". Because the real grown-ups would tell you straight up that Kavanaugh is a no without the FBI investigation. The real grown-ups don't need an FBI report to tell you that the White House limiting the scope to certain people, or McConnell forcing a vote this week is the wrong thing to do.

But people like Manchin, Collins, and Murkowski hedge their bets and secure their jobs by playing the crazies against the desperate.

BREH, Clinton lost WV by 42 points.

WV is Alabama without any black people. This isn't a situation where there's a strong base of Dem support but centrist/establishment types are running roughshod over them etc.

WV is funny in that it's probably the most honest portrayal of what most white people actually believe in politically. Socially conservative/racist (guns etc) but economically they don't align themselves with the GOP corporate class. Where I agree with you is when you see politicians in NY or other solid Dem districts who use "moderate/centrist" reputations as a cover for bending over the table for financial interests. Manchin is as solid of a Dem as you'll ever get in WV.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Of course Judge is gamergater, he's a deep, blue blood misogynist, who much like all those men, including the more respectable Kavanugh view the entire world as something that caters to them, (straight white men, and their loved ones of course) and always has, and any attempt to subvert this is met with forceful and hateful resistance.

Judge is throughly a piece of trash. He's Bluto in Animal House with a video camera and Ivy league degree.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not just that, I find complete irony in 45's speech yesterday, because of:
1. The central park 5
2. Black people are commonly without a doubt, seen as guilty until proven innocent, even when black people are the victims, dead with the killing on tape.

And this shyt is playing out right now in Chicago.
NPR Choice page
Lol

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
BREH, Clinton lost WV by 42 points.

WV is Alabama without any black people. This isn't a situation where there's a strong base of Dem support but centrist/establishment types are running roughshod over them etc.

WV is funny in that it's probably the most honest portrayal of what most white people actually believe in politically. Socially conservative/racist (guns etc) but economically they don't align themselves with the GOP corporate class. Where I agree with you is when you see politicians in NY or other solid Dem districts who use "moderate/centrist" reputations as a cover for bending over the table for financial interests. Manchin is as solid of a Dem as you'll ever get in WV.
I need to repeat myself again, JOE MANCHIN'S RE-ELECTION CAMPAIGN WAS NEVER IN DANGER.

Stop telling me what Hillary did or didn't do. Joe Manchin has been an elected official in WV since 1983ish. He is WV. He was elected during the tea party wave and bodied the competition. Nobody is dethroning Manchin in WV period.

This is what I mean. You nikkas haven't been checking the polls. You don't know about the Republican party infighting for the senate. You don't know manchin's political history. You dont know that Manchin received more votes than Shelley Moore Capito. You don't even know Capito. All you can do is quote what Hillary did.