Kavanaugh SCOTUS Thread! Senate Confirms by 50-48 Vote Margin; Kavanaugh Sworn-In

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
:snoop: good lord how many times must I repeat myself on this, JOE MANCHIN'S RE-ELECTION CAMPAIGN IS NOT IN JEOPARDY AT ALL AND NEVER HAS BEEN

People say 50 state strategy but... if he were an independent who occasionally voted with the democrats would that be a difference?

I mean I really don't care he's WV's senator not mine, but does he really need party ID at this point? I feel he'd draw enough from both sides to win, albeit by a closer margin.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-
Daps
I am clean and sober 12 years now, but I vividly remember much of my drinking and my friends, from say 2003-2005. I know I blacked out numerous times, I drank to black out/pass out, and clearly remember the awful feeling of waking up, not knowing what I had done, and that shame of sometimes it was nothing, and sometimes it wasn't.

Not only that, I have seen my friends passed out/blacked out dozens of times. My friend sprawled on top of full trash bags, outside our homies Dad's house, or underneath his Tahoe in the early morning rain of New Years Day. And my friends remember me passed out on the floor, my friend's sister and I on the washing machine, making out on the couch in front of everyone, walking around with a Hennessy bottle gripped in my fist, at 10:00 AM like "it was the last one on earth", according

Any heavy drinker has done all or most of that, or different variations. Kavanaugh is a liar. And he is leaning on his white privilege to get through this with euphemisms and blatant misdirection.

Alcohol abuse has caused some very significant pain in my life from people I cared about and their actions while drunk, although not from anything I've ever done. I've never been a drinker, and I've never even been drunk before in my life. I'll have an occassional/rare Corona, or 1 drink during social gatherings, but that's about it. And I've been "buzzed" maybe 2 or 3 times, but that's the extent I'll take my drinking.

I'm very interested to hear your (and others) take on various levels of being intoxicated. How common did you witness someone being "black out" drunk, where they're completely oblivious to their words and actions while they're in that state? I'm a firm believer that a drunk mind speaks a sober tongue, and that includes their behavior. Meaning the alcohol simply removes the mask to reveal your true feelings and nature. So while you were engaging in all of that, were you personally cognitively aware of what you were doing?

I think the "I blacked out" retort is people giving themselves an excuse to hide the embarrassment and/or shame of having their true feelings and personalities revealed, which is why I also think Kavanaugh is so adamant about his lies concerning his drinking. He's embarrassed his true feelings and nature are being aired out after he's put up this false portrayal of who he is as a person. (I don't think he's capable of feeling shame though, just like the majority of his Rethug cohorts. But he does feel embarrassment.)

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Not just that, I find complete irony in 45's speech yesterday, because of:
1. The central park 5
2. Black people are commonly without a doubt, seen as guilty until proven innocent, even when black people are the victims, dead with the killing on tape.

And this shyt is playing out right now in Chicago.
NPR Choice page

Trump is a white supremacist