Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
About halfway thru and shannon simply seems unprepared. i understand having an outline but after about 20-30mins you need to call an audible and realize the interview has shifted and shyt aint gonna go the same way as the others. his questions are very basic and unrefined. he's afraid to follow up on viral moments as well. kinda like when hoe rogan interviewed kanye.

then he goes on nightcap and criticize ocho for being too soft on nfl players/teams while he defending these random comedians that he dont really know like that. i dislike the inconsistency but i understand its a different platform. but im not watching more of these shay shay joints.
bro a good interviewer lets the guest speak and you just are there to guide the convo. if this were a more egotistical interviewer like DJ envy this interview woulda been 35-45 minutes.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Katt = Dame Dash.

A deluded set of ‘principles’ that can be legit at times, but more often than not they’re blocking themselves bc they can’t work with others and have inflated egos. And they are master orators. They’ve convinced fans they cannot fail and if they do, it’s bc they wanted to.

Katt coulda been I Am Legend but they wanted him to do some weird shyt…so he took the gay pastor role in First Sunday instead :obama:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I'm late AF and wasn't prepared for the Luda diss :whoa:

This is one of those "Play in the background while doing shyt" type of fukkery potent driven content. Too much to take in :damn:

I give rep for anybody to cliffnote what was being said because I can't do 3 hours of Shay and Kat sounding like Hanna Barbara cartoon characters.
:russ:

Well that's rude.:mjlol:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Some

Will Smith’s rap career wasn’t looked at as necessarily a net positive when the creation of Fresh Prince Of Bel Air took place, ESPECIALLY since he’d just bricked with his and Jazzy’s third album and he owed the IRS a ton of money. Rap wasn’t the mainstream cultural juggernaut nor at the the center of the pop cultural zeitgeist coming into the 90’s that it WOULD become, ironically enough, thanks to shows like Fresh Prince and movies like House Party, which debuted the same year. Will got Fresh Prince because Benny Medina believed in him after seeing Will’s music videos for Girls Ain’t Nothin Trouble, Parents Just Don’t Understand, and I Think I Beat Mike Tyson and convinced Quincy Jones to take the chance on backing him. The network execs were NOT sold on Will at the time due to not understanding rap nor Will’s appeal. Quincy arranged an impromptu dinner party at his mansion IN Bel Air and had Will come by and basically audition in front of the head of NBC and a slew of studio execs. THATS how he got the show and ended up breaking into Hollywood.

Will’s story, despite his success as a rapper, is extremely similar to Kevin’s, in that if people can see your talent, charm, and hustle, you’ll get an opportunity. If people see all of that PLUS the potential you’ll be a star, you get a BIG opportunity. Same thing happened for Kevin Hart, Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy, and Chris Rock. Kevin Hart had been doing comedy and touring the chitlin circuit (RIGHT BESIDE Katt Williams) for at LEAST 4-5 years before Soul Plane. Kevin was 24 when he landed the role in Soul Plane. Dave Chappelle was 19 when he landed Robin Hood: Men In Tights and had been doing standup since he was 15. Thats 4 years. Eddie Murphy was 18 when he got SNL and had been doing standup since he was 14. Thats 4 years. Ok now lets discount Eddie since its universally agreed that Eddie was a prodigy, one a million type talent. Lets use Chris Rock, he’d been doing comedy since he was 19, he landed SNL at 24. Thats 5 years. And Chris had no specials at the time.

So this notion that a comedian couldn’t come out of “nowhere” and get a shot is false. You need talent and connections but it COULD be done
IN6AApW.gif

What does any of that have to do with the point I made about Will being the most popular of the cast BEFORE it aired. His IRS shyt means nothing in that discussion. He was a multi platinum artist before the show. When I say he was "billed as the star" I mean to the public it was his show, based on his life. You trying to make it seem like Will Smith was this unknown random(to the masses) when he got the Fresh Prince role, and that just isnt true, so the Fresh Prince comparison is a bad one.
0bb08bdd7d8d758519a4fb0f5b7fcdea.png

Here is will telling you the story himself
He was on the Aresnio Hall show(Why? Because he was a star already)
He met Benny, Benny hooked him up with Quincy. Quincy knows will from being a star/rapper.
He speaks about the Audition and how he in 10mins was able to convince the NBC execs he could be the star of the show. This speaks to his acting talent. The success of Fresh Prince speaks to his talent in acting.

So this notion that a comedian couldn’t come out of “nowhere” and get a shot is false. You need talent and connections but it COULD be done
True, but Kevin isnt an example of coming out of nowhere and getting a shot. He is an example of networking and connects(nothing wrong with that)
Even Spank, Kev's manger/friend said he got the shot based on relationships. An East coast director, wanted to put an east coast comic as the lead of the movie. Which is what Kat said when he made the "Aint nobody came out of nowhere and got an abc show and a lead in a movie before that or since", Kev had that lined up before he got to Hollywood/West Coast. Kevin Hart had his own primetime show on ABC that he starred/created/wrote/produced before he was ever proven to lead a show, write a hit show or have a sellout comedy special.

This is Hart saying Colin Quinn(East Coast) took him under his wing, introducing him to Jerry Seinfeld(East Coast), Rock

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
bro a good interviewer lets the guest speak and you just are there to guide the convo. if this were a more egotistical interviewer like DJ envy this interview woulda been 35-45 minutes.
he's good at a specific type of interview, but he wasn't guiding it though. katt was going off on tangents and redirecting his questions because they had no value. the structure of the interview was bad. it probably works with less interesting guests or people better capable of staying in the typical guidelines, but he knew early on it was going left and he kept trying to box it in. imo

the body language alone makes it obvious, katt looking around the studio and turned totally left.

Daps
I’m black AND in the industry, the racial component isn’t lost on me in the slightest. But we weren’t making it a context of race at the beginning of these discussions, we were making about TALENT, lack therof, and who is and isn’t a plant. I was arguing based upon that rhetoric.

Here’s the thing. There are A LOT of philanthropic black celebrities in the industry. They give lots of money to black people and black causes, they just don’t advertise it. Katt Williams is a verified good guy when it comes to helping the average man, or the comedian on the come up. Or a celebrity whose down on their luck. But so is someone like T.I. Whose given THOUSANDS of dollars to poor people here in Atlanta. And helped out Mick Vick financially when them white people were trying to tar and feather him. Nas has helped out lots of people financially and has basically adopted QueensBridge. Kevin Hart has been known to help out people. Hell even Jerrod Carmichael, who doesn’t fit the public bill of a nikka who “cares” has helped out black people in his hometown. These people can give back and keep their statuses within the industry. Its not impossible.

And i’m not saying Katt doesn’t have legit beefs with some of these people. Its coming out and looking like Cedric has been stealing jokes for a min. Its BEEN KNOWN that Steve Harvey is a scum bag. And it looks (in my opinion) like the Rickey Smiley shyt is a case of a misunderstanding regarding poor wording. Ricky hasn’t come off like a Katt Williams hater or like he was intentionally trying to take credit “away” from Katt as Money Mike. He was just trying to say that he auditioned for, and possibly landed the role of money Mike when it was written a certain way and then Katt came in and crushed the buildings and they rewrote and formulated the part for him. That happens often in filmmaking

My only “issue” is with what Katt said regarding Luda and what he said regarding Kevin. I don’t like the whole “You gotta sell your soul you gotta give up your ass to the Illuminati to get on” angle because it dismisses the very real accomplishments that black men achieve in the industry, INCLUDING looking out for one another. Luda got Fast & Furious because John Singleton (a BLACK MAN) looked out for him. Plus you never EVER have heard anything negative or scandalous about Luda. That man created a show WITH his daughter that is a positive representation of black fatherhood. The “Illuminati” wouldn’t allow no shyt like that.

I support both Kev and Luda and I even said that I don't understand why he went at Ludacris like that. With that being said, I believe that there is a lot of verifiable black talent in this industry. And I believe that some of them have done something strange for some change to get on. If it's any consolation, I don't believe this just pertains to black men as Corey Feldman, Brendan Fraser and other white men have called out how they were forced or folks tried to force them to do something strange for change.

So it aint like Katt didn't have a point there. You can say that you don't believe Kevin did it, and that's your right. And I would agree with you that Kevin grinded hard. That doesn't necessarily mean that he hasn't been in some dark rooms. And it doesn't mean that he has.

The only good point that Katt had about Kev in my opinion is that Kev ain't gon say no to anything they want him to do. Kiss a man, wear a dress, etc so it ain't far fetched that they haven't propositioned him to do more.

And as far as it not being about race, you are being disingenuous because Katt was talking about black comedians and actors and white execs who try to break them and bend them to their will. The whole conversation we've been having in this thread has been about what Katt said, and he was talking about the incessant obsession that white Hollywood has with putting black men in dresses or making them do rape scenes and other gay foolery.

As far as the philanthropy, we are talking about Katt vs black comedians. He does more to help black ppl than any of the rest of them. That's why you had to bring up TI and Nas.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
So we can kinda summarize Katt Williams as a nikka who didn’t properly network with people cause he was “too real” now he pissed because he found out talent only gets you so far (in any industry). In addition everybody who did network and make friends is “fake” and up to something

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Still trying to figure out what Ludacris and Kevin hart did to him

Dude just called unproblematic ass Ludacris's wife ugly for no reason at all and folks just riding with it.

And folks are actually mad at Ludacris for defending himself