Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka you the one acting like it didnt happen and Kat just made shyt up. Even when I pulled up a coli thread this was your response.

When it's confirmed Bernie said this himself in Ebony magazine, now you getting pissy and it's "so it happened 25 years ago". I get it, you would rather ppl disregard any fukk shyt someone does if you a stan of them.

So what, what does this matter to your life or anyone's life?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
You named 3 household names in the black community at that point in that movie and it was Kevin that was the lead. That counts for something. It was a massive opportunity for Kevin and not one he had paid all his dues for.

To Kevin’s credit - he kept grinding even after that movie flopped and earned his stripes again then was a success in movies. But he was definitely given an opportunity that his body of work didn’t justify.

This happens all the time in Hollywood. A newer up and comer is given a shot and what the producers will do is cast more experienced, sometimes bigger named actors in supporting roles to help “carry” the film’s marquee. This is no different than the producers of Fresh Prince casting Janet Hubert, Phil Avery, and Alfonso Rebeiro around an unproven Will Smith. Hell Tatyana Ali had more acting credits than Will Smith when the show premiered and she was ELEVEN!

When you get a shot you take the shot. Nobody’s going to say “Damn, some random muthafukkas who don’t know me, my story, or my hustle won’t think i’ve paid my dues enough to lead this film! fukk it better turn them down and hope they cast Shucky Ducky!” Thats not how the world works. The story is out there on the whys and hows of how Kev landed that movie. And it had nothing to do with him being a plant. Are we going to call Dave Chappelle a plant for being 19 years old when he was cast as one of the leads in a Mel Brooks movie? Where were his dues? Was Eddie Murphy a plant when at 18 he was cast on SNL? He hadn’t paid as many dues as dikk Gregory, why not say he didn’t earn it?

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
So what, what does this matter to your life or anyone's life?
Why wouldnt the truth matter? Why the hell are you in this thread? Why are you even commenting between the two of us if all you can offer in the convo is "why does it matter?" Go kick rocks, you on a discussion board. You could say that to every topic on here. Yet you in here posting.

Why didnt you ask Marco why it mattered so much for him to say everything Kat said about Steve/Ced was a lie?

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah im not delighted or impressed by this messy shyt, just tripping off of how everybody so engulfed in this like katt said some real groundbreaking shyt lol

everything he spoke on outside of ced biting his joke was just a bunch of chatty patty shyt that’s been talked about already :yeshrug:
You see it too. 99% of the time this very forum is complaining about chatty Patty stuff and we shouldn’t be putting this stuff out or tearing each other down to do a complete 180 as soon as opportunity came a knocking. Not to mention they are arguably twist themselves into pretzels to defend it to. One minute Katt is telling the truth. Oh some parts he embellish. Oh some parts are comedy yall just don’t get it. But no everything else he said against his peers is 100% facts and everything they said about him is 100% false even though truth is probably somewhere in between.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
This happens all the time in Hollywood. A newer up and comer is given a shot and what the producers will do is cast more experienced, sometimes bigger named actors in supporting roles to help “carry” the film’s marquee. This no different than the producers of Fresh Prince casting Janet Hubert, Phil Avery, and Alfonso Rebeiro around an unproven Will Smith. Hell Tatyana Ali had more acting credits than Will Smith when the show premiered and she was ELEVEN!
Using Will Smith is a bad comparison. Will was an unproven actor but he was popular as hell. Fresh Prince came out in 1990. Parents just dont understand came out in 88, he won a grammy for it. He was a star already. IIRC the show was also billed as his vehicle, he was the star and meant to carry the show. The other actors had more acting credits, but Will was the most popular going into the show. The other actors werent household names looking at their wiki pages/filmography.

Compare that to Soul Plane. Were 3 household names were more popular than Kevin and more experienced, especially DL who had a tv show at the time. Like Kat said, Kevin had all that lined up before hit LA/Hollywood thru connections. You or some other person posted how Spanky said the director from Paper Soldier or w/e handpicked kev for the role.

With that said, Kev still grinded and worked hard to get to the heights he has now. Being able to put his ppl on and do his own productions.

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
You see it too. 99% of the time this very forum is complaining about chatty Patty stuff and we shouldn’t be putting this stuff out or tearing each other down to do a complete 180 as soon as opportunity came a knocking. Not to mention they are arguably twist themselves into pretzels to defend it to. One minute Katt is telling the truth. Oh some parts he embellish. Oh some parts are comedy yall just don’t get it. But no everything else he said against his peers is 100% facts and everything they said about him is 100% false even though truth is probably somewhere in between.

shyt ain't chatty patty if you exposing lies b

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt ain't chatty patty if you exposing lies b
Like I said. We don’t know what’s all lie and what’s all truth. This could be said about anything. The problem here is Katt being considered the only truthful one in these interviews when the reality is somewhere between these narratives.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
wish we could see the stats on average viewership time.

willing to bet a lot of people actually watched the whole interview.
I also wonder how many watched the 30min clip then came to the 3hr and watched. Main interview at 15.3M and the 30min one at 3.6M, clipped sections at like 4M. shyt crazy. The channel also bout to get like 500k subs off this interview too.

I dont even know how shannon will follow this up, interview wise. Hope his next guest good. Wonder if the pod numbers doing good as well :jbhmm:

Like I said. We don’t know what’s all lie and what’s all truth. This could be said about anything. The problem here is Katt being considered the only truthful one in these interviews when the reality is somewhere between these narratives.
With how viral this done went, you gotta be doing the willful ignorance thing to say this about what he said about other comedians.
Kevin stuff aside, most the things he said about other comedians, ppl went and fact checked.
Ced stole my joke - ppl pulled up the joke. Ppl also pulled up other jokes Ced stole and another Comedian saying Ced stole his joke.
Steve tried to steal Ocean's 11 - Someone posted the article in Ebony Magazin where Bernie said it himself
Steve stole from Mark Curry - Curry himself has a video saying Steve stole his shyt
Steve were a wig - just look at the pics lol. Ppl also pulled up how he was balding in the back before he got the show. Also found a clip of Kevin Hart mentioning steve's wig.
Ricky Saying Money Mike was his role - the Santa from Friday After Next(Chris Williams) came out and said there were auditions for the role. I didnt listen to the response but did Ricky even deny what Katt said about Ricky whining everyday during the shoot about not getting the Money Mike role?
He spoke truth about Bernie. He was the funniest one one KoC.
Him saying non of the others werent funny is subjective
Kev being a Hollywood plant(movie wise, not comedy grinding wise) is subjective
Only thing ppl "called out" was Ced having a special on netflix from almost a decade ago when he said Ced doesnt have one on tubi or netflix.

Sure the shyt about reading 3k books, running a sub 4.4 was comedy shyt.