Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

invalid

Banned
Daps

Shyt was deep. The black community didn't know that Reginald F. Lewis became the first black billionaire until years later after he died. It was because black people learned about black movers and shakers around the country from Ebony and Jet magazine. If you weren't reported in Ebony/Jet, you were essentially a nobody and Johnson made it a point not mention Lewis in Ebony/Jet even as Lewis was taking over Wall Street. To this day, he's never really been mentioned. The closest thing was something that came out about a decade ago spotlighting his daughter and her fundraising efforts for black women tech founders. It said she was the daughter of Lewis, one of the wealthiest black businessman of the 80's but still never really covered him.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Dudes don’t understand KH success so they resort to hate.

That’s really all it is. Katt is very smart so he’s mastered the art of ALWAYS sounding like he’s got the upper hand. That shyt will sway tf out of an impressionable mind. Dame Dash is the same way

The bottom line is dude just works harder than everyone else. He ain’t above watering down his jokes to get jobs. He isn’t above overstating himself to secure the bag for his future.

Dudes like Katt think your standup special is the ultimate measure of success when it’s been proven that even the goats Pryor and Eddie left standup for Hollywood. And in doing that you have to be likeable you have to know how to network and not be angry or bitter all the time. Keeping it “real” doesn’t work in corporate world

Well put but I’d say it’s even simpler than that.

Katt Williams stole the show in a hood classic move Friday after Next, it did 33M

Kevin hart, in a lesser role, stole the show in a blockbuster Iconic mainstream movie 40 Year old virgin, that did 177M

That’s literally it. You could have put a dozen nggas in that role including Katt and it wouldn’t have popped. Kev got a minor role and knocked it out the park and crossed over. That’s why this whole shyt, while entertaining, is disgusting to me. Kev benefits from being a physical anomaly that stood out, the EXACT same thing Katt Williams benefitted from. Katt a hater and everybody thinks it’s cute. Bottom line the people he’s hating on are more successful bc they’re more reliable, more diverse, more bankable

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
One thing though is that playing women ain't something Hollywood/Illuminati. Many men have played women in theatre since the dawn of acting. As a matter of fact, in Ancient Greece, acting was a strictly male job so men were playing women roles if there were in the play.

Katt says he refuses certain roles because he has his dignity and that's totally fine. But the truth that he doesn't want to acknowledge is that directors might not necessarily be blackballing him, they might simply not fukk with him any more because he always want to change the scripts to his liking. He himself says he does so in the interview.

If there are 100 actors in an audition and none but him want to change the script, directors might just go with the ones that are not trying to rewrite shyt... Katt is no Di Caprio or Rock to have a say about a movie like that.

You trippin if you don't think Black men being told to dress as women isn't a thing meant to humiliate and emasculate. You're letting me know you're either not a Black man or you have no clue on history.

And the core of what Katt was saying was that Kevin got roles because he agreed to compromise himself and did all the stuff the execs asked.

He went from saying he wouldn't wear a dress because he's protecting his brand to wearing one on SNL for no reason.

If you think most of the stuff we see isn't planned with ulterior motives, I don't know what to tell you besides study and ask any mass communications major or person that works in the industry.

It's really wicked

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I don't know if Katt is angry.

He was never going to be in the same crossover lane as Kevin hart. Katt was going to always be in the urban comic lane.

He still makes good money. But it's not Kevin, Steve or Ced money. For me, Ceds career post Comicview has been a letdown. Dude was hilarious on there.
But I get it. You can either keep it real, or keep the checks coming . Ced chose the checks and that's fine.

I hope Steve wasn't lying about the homeless part, bc that's a big part of his shtick is to inspire people with his struggle and believing in God.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if Katt is angry.

He was never going to be in the same crossover lane as Kevin hart. Katt was going to always be in the urban comic lane.

He still makes good money. But it's not Kevin, Steve or Ced money. For me, Ceds career post Comicview has been a letdown. Dude was hilarious on there.
But I get it. You can either keep it real, or keep the checks coming . Ced chose the checks and that's fine.

I hope Steve wasn't lying about the homeless part, bc that's a big part of his shtick is to inspire people with his struggle and believing in God.
You can go on tour and still be homeless. But yeah if hes lying thsts bad since you left your wife and kids

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
You trippin if you don't think Black men being told to dress as women isn't a thing meant to humiliate and emasculate. You're letting me know you're either not a Black man or you have no clue on history.

And the core of what Katt was saying was that Kevin got roles because he agreed to compromise himself and did all the stuff the execs asked.

He went from saying he wouldn't wear a dress because he's protecting his brand to wearing one on SNL for no reason.

If you think most of the stuff we see isn't planned with ulterior motives, I don't know what to tell you besides study and ask any mass communications major or person that works in the industry.

It's really wicked

I get the criticism, but Martin was funny as hell as Mama Payne and even Shenenh

I don't like anything tyler perry does but Madea is really funny.

I think the conversation is valid but it's a blanket statement

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Just admit you like the gossipy shyt cause you have no integrity as a black man.
You must like the gossipy shyt since you in this thread like everybody else. Also most of this wasnt gossipy shyt.

So because I disagree with Kat Williams needing to an autobiography or this damaging his reputation, instead of having a discussion you say I lack integrity as a black man? You sound like an idiot.

Where is the integrity in holding the "secrets" and shyt to sell your book? Wouldnt it have been better to not address the shyt at all and take the beef to your grave?

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
You must like the gossipy shyt since you in this thread like everybody else. Also most of this wasnt gossipy shyt.

So because I disagree with Kat Williams needing to an autobiography or this damaging his reputation, instead of having a discussion you say I lack integrity as a black man? You sound like an idiot.

Where is the integrity in holding the "secrets" and shyt to sell your book? Wouldnt it have been better to not address the shyt at all and take the beef to your grave?

Watch your tone in how you address me.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
That’s really all it is. Katt is very smart so he’s mastered the art of ALWAYS sounding like he’s got the upper hand. That shyt will sway tf out of an impressionable mind. Dame Dash is the same way

Well put but I’d say it’s even simpler than that.

Katt Williams stole the show in a hood classic move Friday after Next, it did 33M

Kevin hart, in a lesser role, stole the show in a blockbuster Iconic mainstream movie 40 Year old virgin, that did 177M

That’s literally it. You could have put a dozen nggas in that role including Katt and it wouldn’t have popped. Kev got a minor role and knocked it out the park and crossed over. That’s why this whole shyt, while entertaining, is disgusting to me. Kev benefits from being a physical anomaly that stood out, the EXACT same thing Katt Williams benefitted from. Katt a hater and everybody thinks it’s cute. Bottom line the people he’s hating on are more successful bc they’re more reliable, more diverse, more bankable
:yeshrug:It’s not even that it’s the fact that Katt is a lot of people’s favorite. And favorites have special privileges that others don’t. Let’s be real if Aries Spears or Faizon Love would’ve sat on that couch. And said the same things as Katt no one would’ve believed them.

Last edited:

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
I get the criticism, but Martin was funny as hell as Mama Payne and even Shenenh

I don't like anything tyler perry does but Madea is really funny.

I think the conversation is valid but it's a blanket statement

It's funny til you get older and realize the play that "they" are doing.

One thing media will not do is prop up a "strong" Black male. They will always have him to cower down to his wife or have him play feminine roles.

A prime example of this is James Evans on Good Times. They got rid of him because they wanted to focus the show on JJ acting silly.

Similar thing happened with Family Matters.

They control our perception with the media and we fall for it every time.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Watch your tone in how you address me.
gCcrK49.gif

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Back in the day, if there was beef between black men, you didn't put it out there for the masses to consume. You kept it subtle to where both parties reputations stayed in tact. It may have even been known by people in the industry. But these were folks who were aware of the nuances and could properly put shyt into perspective.

This is one of the reasons why white owned entities can profit so much from internal discussions

Shade Room

DJ Vlad, Adam 22, Trap White dude on YT, etc

White (and other) Capitalists are able to "unlock" the value of internal black community discussion.

But this is probably a reply that doesn't belong in this thread.