Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I remember Kevin Hart lying about killing a set on comic view during the big anniversary special they had a few years ago :skip:

They showed the clip and the audience was dead fukking silent back then :laff:

I don't believe he is a plant though. He has been grinding for a long fukking time and his business team is a1. Nobody made moves like him before in comedy in terms of corporate sponsorship/partnership
Yea pretty much everyone who came up with Kevin always talks about how driven he was. Real comics like Bill Burr and Patrice who were with him the whole way. Burr always talks about how Kevin had way more ambition than everyone else and they knew he was gonna be a star. Kevin really came up in the trenches of the comedy scene with killers. And it still took him a while to break through into the the mainstream. But you could always see he had star potential.

After this scene in 40 year old virgin I knew he had the potential to be huge

And Kevin didn't even blow up from Hollywood. He blew up after his "I'm a grown little man" special. That special catapulted him to superstardom. Everybody I knew was talking about it. After that he was getting movie roles left and right.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
But you're posting on a message board....where grown men chat...so you'd rather read it instead of listening?

speechless-stickguy-walking-away.gif
lol and he’s got more than 1 post in this thread.

wordsbymj

aka percy miracles
Daps
Kevin Hart's hollywood break actually came from 40 year old virgin.
He also met the right folks at comedy central and built connections, but he was grinding, but he knows how the play the politics game too.

Yeah but people take “playing the game” or “politics” to be negative when it isn’t.

I heard a story about Kev years ago second hand, and then recently it came up again and confirmed what I heard.

He had a show that got cancelled before it even made it on TV, and even though they cancelled it, on the same night he went to all the after event networking parties and left with more contacts than he would have had if his show got picked up and he only went to the event of the network that picked his show up.

Just because it’s not something some of us would do, or it’s not certain peoples style, that doesn’t sound like a bad thing at all. But if you let some people tell that story they’ll make it sound like he did something beneath him or worse to get those contacts and build those relationships.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Rickey took the high road which is respectable. And he's talking about dealing with the one year anniversary of his oldest son death.​
full

Nah, he didn't want the smoke and respectfully so. Especially when there are mad instances of him joke stealing, like the highschool marching band joke he stole from that moderately funny comic.​

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Yeah but people take “playing the game” or “politics” to be negative when it isn’t.

I heard a story about Kev years ago second hand, and then recently it came up again and confirmed what I heard.

He had a show that got cancelled before it even made it on TV, and even though they cancelled it, on the same night he went to all the after event networking parties and left with more contacts than he would have had if his show got picked up and he only went to the event of the network that picked his show up.

Just because it’s not something some of us would do, or it’s not certain peoples style, that doesn’t sound like a bad thing at all. But if you let some people tell that story they’ll make it sound like he did something beneath him or worse to get those contacts and build those relationships.
you are projecting your view on me.
I don't hold that view.

Hollywood is about connections, selling yourself, being amendable, easy to work with, and etc.
If you want to be in hollywood you have to network and politic, simple as that.
I don't hold it against Kevin Hart that he did/does that.
His relationships are why he has deals with Netflix, why he has working relationships with The Rock and Ryan Reynolds and more.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Lowkey Shannon career post NFL is HOFer

:pachaha:
Skip Bayless saved his life.
Hell Skip saved Stephen A's life.
Its kind of crazy.

Before its over I think Skip will put Key nationally in big way, compared to Sherman who I bet he was hoping to make big.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
:laff:Faizon love haven’t had a stand up in 30 years.. got damn

Kevin Hart is a plant.. all his shows was on the east coast and then he comes to the west coast and he automatically put in movies

Um Boston and New York have really big comedy scenes.

The industry is in NY anyway

wordsbymj

aka percy miracles
Daps
you are projecting your view on me.
I don't hold that view.

Hollywood is about connections, selling yourself, being amendable, easy to work with, and etc.
If you want to be in hollywood you have to network and politic, simple as that.
I don't hold it against Kevin Hart that he did/does that.
His relationships are why he has deals with Netflix, why he has working relationships with The Rock and Ryan Reynolds and more.

Oh no I wasn’t accusing you of having that view

It was more about how people interpret the words you used like “politics” or “playing the game” as negatives when they’re mostly not negatives. I wasn’t saying that’s how you were using them

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Oh no I wasn’t accusing you of having that view

It was more about how people interpret the words you used like “politics” or “playing the game” as negatives when they’re mostly not negatives. I wasn’t saying that’s how you were using them
:lolbron:
Its all good playa