Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Lets try this again. I didnt ask for a deep dive on your thoughts on aba and preach as a whole, that's a whole other discussion. This is what you said.

So what specifically in that video about Shannon/Katt was it? Like I said the only thing in that video that I remember, was them saying something like "ppl shouldnt be mad at Katt because they made he calling out BM" which isnt shytting on black ppl and you said you agree with.

Watching their other vid now covering the reaction to what Katt said about dresses. They even bring up how some Black ppl see it as emasculation and buck breaking.

How about you use your brain to understand it’s Aba using it to be a bad faith actor to his audience. Him being a bad faith actor in regards to how the black community feels is consistent with his behavior. I already outlined it for you. Read.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Real talk, I don't think I've watched any of Katt Williams' stand-up specials. Which Katt Williams special is the 1 where he's wearing a green suit? I remember that special being popular in the mid-late 2000's.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
How about you use your brain to understand it’s Aba using it to be a bad faith actor to his audience. Him being a bad faith actor in regards to how the black community feels is consistent with his behavior. I already outlined it for you. Read.
I dont have to read because I watched the vids.
Nothing he said here is outta pocket or shytting on black ppl.
Why wouldnt he mention the no snitching shyt when that same mentality is why ppl telling Kat he shouldnt be saying things? It's not like he just brought the topic out of the blue. It was happening on line. Hell it was also said in this thread by a few posters.
I'll just post the vid where aba says it and let others decide.

^ Critiquing the no snitch/ dont tear down a BM no matter what mindset and how that does more harm to the black community than good isnt shytting on black ppl.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Doesn’t mean much if it doesn’t translate into views/subscriptions on PAID platforms.

JT from the City Girls has over 6 MILLION followers on IG. That doesn’t mean shyt to the label that put out the last City Girls album which flopped.

And i’m not saying Katt’s next special would flop, i’m saying that when you’re negotiating or renegotiating these deals with streaming services the YouTube Views help get you to the table but its not closing any deals whatsoever. Ironically this very conversation legitimizes Kevin Hart’s star power because he has, for years, been able to successfully transition his social media popularity into real world dividends, which is why he can force companies to pay him for social posts of his own movies. Its proven that his social media followers buy tickets for his movies and watch his specials.

Now if Katt’s next special does gangbuster numbers for Netflix then what will happen is they’ll pay him alot the next go round. Its the same thing they did with Dave Chappelle. His first two comeback specials did HUGE numbers then they paid him $60 Million to do more AND they supported him in getting the rights back to the Chappelle Show. Not because they’re stand up people who want to do right but because through his success Dave had LEVERAGE and they wanted to keep him on their team.
This is true. I work for a data-focused marketing agency. One of the most common things companies hire us for is to do data analysis for their marketing campaigns, including social media.

Let's say a company had an Instagram campaign where they posted 15 images in 6 months and got 10 million likes combined on those images. Most folks would say that's a very successful campaign. However when he do an audit of that campaign, we see that only 200 of those likes translated to people going on that company's website. That's a very poor social media campaign because the purpose is those posts isn't to get likes or comments, but to drive people to the website to buy something.

Companies only care about likes, retweets, comments, etc if they translate to something tangible.

Now those YouTube views definitely got companies attention and put Katt on their radar. But the amount that those companies care is proportional to what results YouTube views translate into.

Last edited: