Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
People need to just say in their opinion or to them

We going to act like people wasn't saying "aright alrightttt you gon learn today" 24/7 when laugh at my pain came out :mjlol:
Yo! I was deployed in 2011 to Kuwait. I was coming out of college on the Texas border. Basically I wasn’t around any brothas for a 3 year period.
:mjpls:
Our IT group was almost all black. I kept hearing that all deployment.
:mjlol:
They keke ing all day and I’m sitting there like
:gucci:
I realized years later it came from K Harts special when I finally saw clips of it.
:russ:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If YouTube was smart they’d try to pay Katt to drop a special on their free platform and get these same numbers… or a free platform like Tubi even though he dissed them. I’d bet money that half the people that watched that FREE YouTube interview would watch Katt’s newer Netflix special in other ways thus cutting down on possible numbers for Netflix. The main word in all of this is FREE PLATFORM! Everybody ain’t got Netflix.
Tubi isn’t going to pay Katt 15-20 million like Netflix will if his special is projected to do major numbers. It’s not really about views, comedians don’t give a fukk about that. Views are what generate revenue for the streaming companies.

It’s how much they get paid off it. And Netflix is king in that arena.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:mjlol: the narrative in here now being that 30 million views in 3 days is just okay and don't mean much

Doesn’t mean much if it doesn’t translate into views/subscriptions on PAID platforms.

JT from the City Girls has over 6 MILLION followers on IG. That doesn’t mean shyt to the label that put out the last City Girls album which flopped.

And i’m not saying Katt’s next special would flop, i’m saying that when you’re negotiating or renegotiating these deals with streaming services the YouTube Views help get you to the table but its not closing any deals whatsoever. Ironically this very conversation legitimizes Kevin Hart’s star power because he has, for years, been able to successfully transition his social media popularity into real world dividends, which is why he can force companies to pay him for social posts of his own movies. Its proven that his social media followers buy tickets for his movies and watch his specials.

Now if Katt’s next special does gangbuster numbers for Netflix then what will happen is they’ll pay him alot the next go round. Its the same thing they did with Dave Chappelle. His first two comeback specials did HUGE numbers then they paid him $60 Million to do more AND they supported him in getting the rights back to the Chappelle Show. Not because they’re stand up people who want to do right but because through his success Dave had LEVERAGE and they wanted to keep him on their team.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People forget this isn’t about how many dues you pay. If paying dues was the key to success then Arnez J and Shucky Ducky would’ve been global superstars by now

This is about MONEY. Kevin Hart could carry a movie that was made for 20-40 Million that would TRIPLE its budget at the box office CONSISTENTLY for about 4-5 years. He wrote, produced, and starred in Night School, made on a $28 Million budget and grossed $100 Million. You CAN’T “Plant” that kind of success. Kevin Hart was the first comedian who took advantage of social media RIGHT when it became a big thing and utilized that to sell his movies. His strategy was so successful that he had it put in his contracts that he be paid for all social posts promoting his own films at a time when nobody was even thinking about it. The leaked Song Emails from almost a decade ago confirmed that the Studio heads were upset they had to pay him for social media promo

You can’t be a Plant and have white people, actual Studio heads and Presidents, bytching that you worked so hard and cracked a code they hadn’t that you’ve got leverage to force more money out of them.

Thats why he was able to level up and do big budget films with The Rock, because he was carrying mid-budget films to $80-100 Million dollar grosses by HIMSELF. And guess what? Those big budget films were huge as well. The second Jumanji film grossed almost a BILLION world wide

:ohhh: :wow:

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do we have to bully these people katt talking about?

Why are we like this?

Go to
Ced’s
Kevin
Martin
Luda

IG

It’s crazy

They all in the comments like they choked out a baby in broad daylight :what:

And what’s wrong with stack he on fasion level of hate

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup

I've been to live shows for all these niccas from Katt to Kevin to Cedric, etc., and I laughed at all of em. Now, like u said, if a mf stole the jokes I was laughing at or had a team of writers helping, that's another thing but I don't like the shytting on legends ish just cuz Katt poppin' off. He knows dem niccas. That's his peers. It's like family members who ain't spoke in a long time arguing or something. Everybody else can chill acting like they weren't doing Ced's nuts from Barbershop and shyt.

You and your cousins upstairs playing video games, while your uncles downstairs arguing who was the better athlete

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
You and your cousins upstairs playing video games, while your uncles downstairs arguing who was the better athlete

That’s what I told the Wife. All these dudes money won’t be affected. They will continue on. They just arguing. If you supported, Steve, Hart, Ced, or Rickey before, you will continue after.
:yeshrug:
It’s all still funny though.
:pachaha: