Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
You are absolutely correct. To be clear, anything a man is forced to do against his better judgement is a form of emasculation.

My consideration here is the general feeling in this thread that every black man was emasculated in every film that he wore a dress. That isn't the case. Neither in my mind, is a black man emasculated if he is wearing a dress in a film and clearly playing a role. Now afterwards if I hear he was pressured to do so my viewpoint would change, but for christ sake, Wesley Snipes wore drag. Are coli brehs going to question his masculinity because of it?

We just need to be careful of the broad brush we paint everyone for.

I don’t think every black man whose worn a dress has been emasculated. Flip Wilson could be called the original Madea because his Geraldine persona was arguably more popular than HE was. And Flip was just fine with it. Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall, and even Richard Pryor wore dresses and it was all good. It all comes down to the INTENT behind it and why you’re doing it. Eddie loves playing multiple characters. So its no sweat to it.

In contrast when he was 13, they made Jaleel White put on a dress on the set of Family Matters and he said he was devastated and didn’t want to do it. He said he cried and was still was forced to do it. Thats emasculation of a CHILD and is pretty fukked up.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
White people also said they found us in the jungles of Africa swinging from branch to branch like monkeys and they pushed the narrative that we are inferior to them for centuries.

Again, what is your point?

You’re right

But lets not forget like @Neo The Resurrected ONE said there IS a racial component to all of this. With black men there is an aspect of emasculation to some of these depictions and there’s a weird “Push” for it that i’m sure white actors don’t go through. For instance in Robin Hood: Men In Tights (Chappelle’s debut movie) he wore a dress but he wasn’t the ONLY one in the scene wearing it (the other co-stars did) and there was a story element that made sense for the scene to happen. In contrast when they were shooting Blue Streak, Chappelle didn’t want to wear the dress because it wasn’t in the script to begin with and it didn’t make sense from a storytelling perspective. The Producers just approached him randomly with a funny “idea” and he turned it down REPEATEDLY. Like there was a concerted effort to pressure him into wearing that dress. Comes off like a form of emasculation to me.
White people also cut off the noses of the statues in Egypt(black features) and said all the pharaohs and shyt were white lmao.
For the bible ppl "Jesus had skin like bronze and hair like wool" and they pushed a white skinned straight haired image to the masses.

That's the thing about this convo. You sorta have to know history a lil, specifically black/slavery history. A lot of this dress shyt has to do with slavery and buck breaking. Which all has to do with emasculating the black man and fukking up the black family.

Last edited:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Seeing Kevin and the “plastic cup boys”(who tf are those lame ass nikkas btw) attempt to roast Katt in the nba telecast last night made me realize something. Kevin is basically the black Jimmy Fallon. Nobody really likes him or thinks he’s top 5 comedian but he’s constantly pushed by the powers. I wouldn’t go as far as to say he’s a plant because I saw his rise from roles like 3 strikes, paper solidiers, 40 yr old virgin, etc. But when tf has anyone said damn new Kevin hart special that a must see. Or damn new Kevin hart movie we there opening day? Last night the nikka was giggling at his struggle jokes just like wack ass Fallon too

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Seeing Kevin and the “plastic cup boys”(who tf are those lame ass nikkas btw) attempt to roast Katt in the nba telecast last night made me realize something. Kevin is basically the black Jimmy Fallon. Nobody really likes him or thinks he’s top 5 comedian but he’s constantly pushed by the powers. I wouldn’t go as far as to say he’s a plant because I saw his rise from roles like 3 strikes, paper solidiers, 40 yr old virgin, etc. But when tf has anyone said damn new Kevin hart special that a must see. Or damn new Kevin hart movie we there opening day? Last night the nikka was giggling at his struggle jokes just like wack ass Fallon too
Someone on BX made a post on the plastic cup boys, grain of salt and all that of course
My lady’s sister is one of their BMs so I run into him & the rest of these dudes kinda often. One thing about them, they gon protect the bag. Kev is their leader and any of them that wasn’t clear about that and what it means from the beginning ain’t around anymore. Them nikkas been in a frenzy defending Kev in real life and on the internet since Wednesday night. Shorty sister called her like 2AM Thursday saying he got activated & gotta report to camp soon as that interview started trending.

Them nikkas all worth a M or better off just staying down for Kev so I def understand. If you’re not really into urban stand-up, you prob never heard their names and probably never will but them dudes eating so they ain’t bout to tolerate no Kev slander, true or not. It’s literally their job to support him.
Basically Kev's inner circle that he put on and keep busy/give opportunities too. I aint mad at it :manny:
Must be cool to be in a position to talk NBA with your homies because of the position you put your self in.
Explains Spanky going wild on twitter, having an emergency meeting at 2AM about the Katt interview is funny as hell tho :russ: