Katt Williams on Club Shay Shay

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you think I'm going to take white people's alleged history of us as facts, you are a fool.

I'm supposed to trust the folks that hate us to tell the truth about our history?
A black man wrote this piece. So are you speaking to the writer or the information he drew from.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
If you think I'm going to take white people's alleged history of us as facts, you are a fool.

I'm supposed to trust the folks that hate us to tell the truth about our history?

white people recorded many of their abhorrent acts and crimes as if they were journaling adventures and even recorded their observations of the cultures they encountered. many of those observations were tainted because they lacked context but theres more evidence that confirm them than not.

Daps
white people recorded many of their abhorrent acts and crimes as if they were journaling adventures and even recorded their observations of the cultures they encountered. many of those observations were tainted because they lacked context but theres more evidence that confirm them than not.

White people also said they found us in the jungles of Africa swinging from branch to branch like monkeys and they pushed the narrative that we are inferior to them for centuries.

Again, what is your point?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This is a bit of a red herring. Male actors have worn dresses on stage for a while. Jim Carrey wore a tutu, Adam Sandler, and others. That's goes as far back as Shakespeare

You’re right

But lets not forget like @Neo The Resurrected ONE said there IS a racial component to all of this. With black men there is an aspect of emasculation to some of these depictions and there’s a weird “Push” for it that i’m sure white actors don’t go through. For instance in Robin Hood: Men In Tights (Chappelle’s debut movie) he wore a dress but he wasn’t the ONLY one in the scene wearing it (the other co-stars did) and there was a story element that made sense for the scene to happen. In contrast when they were shooting Blue Streak, Chappelle didn’t want to wear the dress because it wasn’t in the script to begin with and it didn’t make sense from a storytelling perspective. The Producers just approached him randomly with a funny “idea” and he turned it down REPEATEDLY. Like there was a concerted effort to pressure him into wearing that dress. Comes off like a form of emasculation to me.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A c00n. What's your point? Probably a homosexual c00n. I'd put money on that if I was a betting man.
The point is that the articles cites historical contexts and you dismiss the writer as a c00n because it goes against your worldview. It doesnt ,however, mean his statements are false.

Daps
The point is that the articles cites historical contexts and you dismiss the writer as a c00n because it goes against your worldview. It doesnt ,however, mean his statements are false.

History told by who? We often hear the term that "the winners write the history".

This is history as told by the people who enslaved us for centuries, raped, lynched, tortured, terrorized us, said that we were swinging from trees like monkeys, said that we are genetically inferior to them.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
White people also said they found us in the jungles of Africa swinging from branch to branch like monkeys and they pushed the narrative that we are inferior to them for centuries.

my only "point" was refuting the assertion that a certain custom wasn't practiced throughout an entire continent. this practice was observed on literally every continent throughout history, it's absurd to think it couldn't have happened among the millions of people that inhabited africa.

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You’re right

But lets not forget like @Neo The Resurrected ONE said there IS a racial component to all of this. With black men there is an aspect of emasculation to some of these depictions and there’s a weird “Push” for it that i’m sure white actors don’t go through. For instance in Robin Hood: Men In Tights (Chappelle’s debut movie) he wore a dress but he wasn’t the ONLE one in the scene wearing it (the other co-stars did) and there was a story element that made sense for the scene to happen. In contrast when they were shooting Blue Streak, Chappelle didn’t want to wear the dress because it wasn’t in the script to begin with and it didn’t make sense from a storytelling perspective. The Producers just approached him randomly with a funny “idea” and he turned it down REPEATEDLY. Like there was a concerted effort to pressure him into wearing that dress. Comes off like a form of emasculation to me.
You are absolutely correct. To be clear, anything a man is forced to do against his better judgement is a form of emasculation.

My consideration here is the general feeling in this thread that every black man was emasculated in every film that he wore a dress. That isn't the case. Neither in my mind, is a black man emasculated if he is wearing a dress in a film and clearly playing a role. Now afterwards if I hear he was pressured to do so my viewpoint would change, but for christ sake, Wesley Snipes wore drag. Are coli brehs going to question his masculinity because of it?

We just need to be careful of the broad brush we paint everyone for.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
Shannon Sharp: " You say you smoke a lil weed, you smoke wit Snoop?"

Katt: "I'm actually a bigger smoker than Snoop...Nobody smokes 20 blunts a day like me for 30 years...."

:russ:

Katt BEEN a muthafukkin fool. Breh was outta control in this interview.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
This is a bit of a red herring. Male actors have worn dresses on stage for a while. Jim Carrey wore a tutu, Adam Sandler, and others. That's goes as far back as Shakespeare
Boyce asked for A-list actors in the last decade though. A lot of those white men they showed were from decades ago and/or weren’t A-list actors

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
:russ:Literally showed all top actors in Hollywood

:ohhh:Literally all of them. Never realised how deep shyt was. I can no longer call this emasculation of black men
To be fair, Boyce asked for white actors in the past decade. They showed stills from the 70s in that clip.