kanye west used 16 other people to help write "All Day"

osama bin fly

al shabab
Daps
Reppin
Paree
I told cats years ago (check my post history) that Kanye has retreats in Hawaii where he flies in different people to write & produce his music. Dude hasn't written his own verses in years. Big Sean & Cyhi are responsible for a LOT of Kanye's recent music (2010+)...

This isn't about "borrowing" lines... cats are being handed FULL VERSES to REHEARSE... it's a LOT of rappers in this New Era that are no different then Pop Acts... :yeshrug:

But I'ma let ya'll continue to believe these rappers still pen their own verses let alone lines... :skip:
Gotta love the Coli insiders

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This is why I've seriously questioned the self proclaimed "creative genius" tag Kanye West continuously spouts, because it's hardly discussed by many hip hop pundits that he basically "collaborates" with numerous artists & producers in order to bite their concepts, rhyme styles & lyrics.

But maybe in some twisted way, utilizing other peoples talents for your own benefit & gain is where the real "genius" lies.

What confuses me is that he obviously has no issues about crediting people. Did that change? I don't know about writer credits (which obviously can include producer names too), but as far as producer credits, on College Dropout the only outside producers were Evidence and Brian Miller.

On Late Registration it started creeping up. You had Just Blaze, Kanye's cousin Devo Springsteen, and then obviously Jon Brion co-produced most of the album and brought in live music, etc.

Graduation was similar, but most of the outside production was Just Nottz and Toomp doing their thing. 808's too.

MBDTF is where is started getting crazy with the amount of co-production, and Mike Dean was everywhere. Was it when Kanye met Mike Dean? MBDTF is definitely where he started adding writer credits as well as production credits. Maybe that's it?

On MBDTF, WTT, and Yeezus, the names are through the roof.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I told cats years ago (check my post history) that Kanye has retreats in Hawaii where he flies in different people to write & produce his music. Dude hasn't written his own verses in years. Big Sean & Cyhi are responsible for a LOT of Kanye's recent music (2010+)...

This isn't about "borrowing" lines... cats are being handed FULL VERSES to REHEARSE... it's a LOT of rappers in this New Era that are no different then Pop Acts... :yeshrug:

But I'ma let ya'll continue to believe these rappers still pen their own verses let alone lines... :skip:

Most def.

You'll notice a difference in his subject matter when comparing his Pre 808s music (CD, LR, Graduation) and Post 808s (MBDTF, Cruel Summer, Yeezus)

In 2008 was probably the transition period where his inner circle changed. Previous writers/collaborators like Rhymefest, Consequence, GLC, Really Doe were on their way out and the new guys like Medium Sean, Cyhi, Kid Cudi, etc. were brought in

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Evidence from Dilated peoples talking about making the beat for Last Call, and how Kanye played it for Jay-Z for the Black Album, but Jay passed on it, So Kanye used it for the last song on Dropout, the sample didn't clear, then how Kanye brought in musicologist and a bunch of live instruments to get it to work. pretty cool if you're into producing as a whole and not just beat making.

From 3:37 to 6:39

a murda

I love my wife brehs
Daps
Reppin
Reppin Chi-City Southside
full

:dahellkelly2::dahellkelly2:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
On top of the producers you can't forget about the samples..

be glad Ye still got a little credit on that song ... If im not mistaken Wu go NO credit when they sampled the Beattles.. There are a few who JACK all the credits.. like Marvin Gay family did for Music

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I understand the creative process but I can't give Ye a pass for this. 18 credited song writers? This is why I will hold "College Dropout" forever over everything he does cause at least that was 99% KANYE. Also for 18 credited Song Writers it's sad that the song isn't even that great. Also the Lyrics weren't even that good. If you are going to use writers, make it worth it. I wouldn't be shocked if most of it was production but even then, even if 20 or 30% are for lyrics that's sad that KanYe after this many years in the game STILL can't craft a 16 without help. Sad. Honestly what's different than Dr. Dre or Puffy? People hate on there lyrics all the time but Ye is doing the same thing.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Sir Paul with another classic :banderas:

already GOAT songwriter, GOAT british person, GOAT ed sullivan guest, GOAT :cape: of models, now GOAT rapper :wow:

tumblr_n86karvJKy1rsc32po1_250.jpg

:bow:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
No doubt. But we can atleast assume that all the rappers creditet most likely wrote some of the lyrics.

What suprises me most is why Kanye has writers for shytty half ass lyrics. Well atleast Rhymefest and Cyhi getting that guap from him :leon:

No, we can't assume that. Lupe is credited on Black Skinhead and has said he has no idea why he was even credited. He had nothing to do with composing the song. So If you think about the idea of 16 people sitting in a room trying to write two verses for a rap song it sounds fukkin ridicluous. Of course that's not what happened. The only people on that list I see actually sitting down and thinking of bars with Ye are Rhymefest or Cyhi.

Composers aren't just people who wrote lyrics as another person said, it's anyone who Ye feels had any hand in making the song. Producers, etc. I would imagine, like in the case of what probably happened with Lupe on Black Skinhead, maybe it's just someone who had a conversation with Ye and inspired something he said in the song so he credits them.