kanye west used 16 other people to help write "All Day"

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

how can anyone say this nikka aint hip hop, surprise shows in medium sized venues for the biggest rapper on the planet :wow:

this nikka too trill

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All of the people listed for bytches Brew had a hand in creating those songs since it was mostly improvising and the musicians vibing off each other. So why does Miles Davis get all the credit?

He was a band leader, and wrote all of the main melodies, and specifically wrote all of the music he played himself. Kanye is supposed to be a solo artist, and a rapper/producer, but he doesn't even write his own raps, he's no better than Diddy at this point.

That's a terrible comparison since Miles led multi-instrumental ensembles whereas a solo hip-hop record is just one guy and a pre-recorded beat.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
He's a band leader, and wrote all of the main melodies and specifically wrote all of the music he played himself. Kanye is supposed to be a solo artist, and a rapper/producer, but he doesn't even write his own raps, he's no better than Diddy at this point. That's a terrible comparison since Miles led multi-instrumental ensembles whereas a solo hip-hop record is just one guy and a pre-recorded beat.

and yet to this day still no ones music quite sounds like kanye sooooo....

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
You tell me to say "shop at the mall" instead of "stop at the mall" and get a damn writing credit?...nah, fukk you :mjpls:
This is EXACTLY why there's this many people on the credits, Ye has said in the past he even gives people who give him some kind of inspiration writing credits. These dumb nikkas just think all these people wrote every word of the song and then presented it to Ye and had him spit

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
He was a band leader, and wrote all of the main melodies, and specifically wrote all of the music he played himself. Kanye is supposed to be a solo artist, and a rapper/producer, but he doesn't even write his own raps, he's no better than Diddy at this point.

That's a terrible comparison since Miles led multi-instrumental ensembles whereas a solo hip-hop record is just one guy and a pre-recorded beat.

Kanye is also leading multi-instrumental ensembles

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kanye is also leading multi-instrumental ensembles

Nope, he commissions a bunch of people to do everything for him (lyrics, beat) then performs the rap someone else created. Miles was a world class trumpet player who wrote his own parts and parts intended for others, then collaborated in studio with other world class musicians who improvised under his guidance on his already composed material.

Kanye has other people write his parts. If Kanye hired other keyboard players, and other instrumentalists that worked alongside him and his production, his rapping I'd respect that, but he has other people do every damn thing except the recording of the rap itself.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Nope, he commissions a bunch of people to do everything for him (lyrics, beat) then performs the rap someone else created. Miles was a world class trumpet player who wrote his own parts and parts intended for others, then collaborated in studio with other world class musicians who improvised under his guidance on his already composed material.

Kanye has other people write his parts. If Kanye hired other keyboard players, and other instrumentalists that worked alongside him and his production, his rapping I'd respect that, but he has other people do every damn thing except the recording of the rap itself.
I've never heard anyone who's actually been in Kanyes studio say this, I don't know why you dudes just make up shyt from nothing.
Rhyme Fest says he writes one verse, coli = yo Rhymefest wrote the whole album :snoop:
Nearly all of his songs are written by himself excluding 808s and heartbreaks, the fact that he gives anyone and everyone credit for the smallest input is another thing.
If Jay-z is in the studio and Puff tells him to that he should've used another word, he wouldn't get a credit while from Kanye he would be featuring.

The albums you haters love the most CD is completely produced by himself, all his classic joints that people love like Can't tell me nothing have no additional writers. But then he has Cons on some shytty Robot song on 808 & heartbreaks and all of a sudden he needs writers.

The biggest problem with the equation is that all these nikkas that you claim does all Kanye's shyt can't make anything half as nice when they are not in Kanye's studio.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've never heard anyone who's actually been in Kanyes studio say this, I don't know why you dudes just make up shyt from nothing.
Rhyme Fest says he writes one verse, coli = yo Rhymefest wrote the whole album :snoop:
Nearly all of his songs are written by himself excluding 808s and heartbreaks, the fact that he gives anyone and everyone credit for the smallest input is another thing.
If Jay-z is in the studio and Puff tells him to that he should've used another word, he wouldn't get a credit while from Kanye he would be featuring.

The albums you haters love the most CD is completely produced by himself, all his classic joints that people love like Can't tell me nothing have no additional writers. But then he has Cons on some shytty Robot song on 808 & heartbreaks and all of a sudden he needs writers.

The biggest problem with the equation is that all these nikkas that you claim does all Kanye's shyt can't make anything half as nice when they are not in Kanye's studio.

I'm just going by what I've heard plenty of people say. If he's giving credit for a tiny suggestion, then obviously I take it back, but enough people say he's wholesale using ghostwriters (he hasn't exactly denied it), so you have to wonder.

James Dean

All Star
Daps
Releases 30 albums, known for ONE song. That feller is the Cleveland Browns of musicians. Get him the fukk outta here.

And he can :camby:for all that bullshyt he said about Michael Jackson...:scust: Rick James should've put a whoopin' on 'em I tell ya' H'what.

lol @ the notion that Prince ever said anything that was bullshyt about Michael. All Ive seen was the complete opposite.

lol @ Prince only being known for one song.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
lol @ the notion that Prince ever said anything that was bullshyt about Michael. All Ive seen was the complete opposite.

lol @ Prince only being known for one song.

Michael sent shots at Prince on "Bad" when he said "throwing stones to hide your hands" and "talk is cheap your not a man"

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I'm just going by what I've heard plenty of people say. If he's giving credit for a tiny suggestion, then obviously I take it back, but enough people say he's wholesale using ghostwriters (he hasn't exactly denied it), so you have to wonder.
He does not use ghostwriters to my knowledge nor have I heard any rumor except that Big Sean shyt, but he has collaborated with writers socially on 808s and on Yeezus.
It's all in the booklets of his albums, why he would use a inferior writer like Consequence for 808s is interesting though. Perhaps he's a communist and wanted to share the publishing checks with people.

The credited writers on his songs range from James Brown to Amber Rose all the way to Lupe Fiasco as a producer.
Consequence, Cudi & Yusuf Malik all of which were practically on every song on 808s and of course Tony Williams who have been on 4-5 songs.
Then we have Yeezus in which Rhymefest and Cyhi reportedly assisted with a lot of the writing, I don't know why though, except new slaves it didn't sound like he thought too much about the lyrics.

On MBDTF Rhymefest either wrote or assisted with Gorgeous (which was disappointing to hear, one of my top 5 Ye songs) and Malik Yusuf on Lost in this world (with Bon Iver).