kanye west used 16 other people to help write "All Day"

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
speaking of lil kim her verse on Get money was just straight up blatant with the biggie verse written for her. made it too obvious with how she flowed it and emphasized it... "stiff dikk feel sweet in this little PETITE" :comeon:
and yet why isn't lil kim = beyonce

cause she can't fukking sing... go ahead and call dr. dre one of the greatest rappers ever... first thing that's gonna be said is how other nikkas rap for him, then he copies that... but ye out here with 5-10 writers and "b-b-b-b-b-b-but mozart and beyonce"

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Somebody with knowledge of the music industry explain to me how this works? I have always wondered, do they all actively write different songs and the best verses are mashed together, are the writers given specific parts to focus on etc etc
works two ways

look up... a few posts ago i posted biggie, doing a song for kim.. that's called referencing.. Rapper A writes a song, lays it down, sends it to Rapper B. Rapper B recites exactly what he hears. Song is done

the second way is help... Rapper A and Rapper B are in the studio. Rapper B has a verse.. he might have wrote it, just started it, or just has an idea. So Rapper B and Rapper A sit down and write TOGETHER... could be 90-10, 50-50 or 10-90... but they both get writing credit...

i fully believe Ye is the second... i don't think he's being handed verses and songs... but i damn sure know you not getting no "top rapper" label when you got 5-10 other dudes in there helping you write a verse... not when the other "top rappers" are doing it by them damn selves... nope

thekidvoodoo

8-bit
Daps
But he gets credited for the album in its entirety and is regarded as a musical genius

pls explain
You need someone to explain the difference in technical difficulty of playing the trumpet at the highest level/composing complex Jazz music and spitting what others wrote for you?

This shyt right here is why Iggy can be considered for a hip hop grammy, we don't even respect our own genre. Just call it all hip pop if we're not going to care how it comes together when talking about individual merit.

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Forreal forreal, He stole ALOT from Rick too

full

and his behavior has always been questionable :scust:

:russ::mjlol::bryan::deadmanny:

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
You need someone to explain the difference in technical difficulty of playing the trumpet at the highest level/composing complex Jazz music and spitting what others wrote for you?

This shyt right here is why Iggy can be considered for a hip hop grammy, we don't even respect our own genre. Just call it all hip pop if we're not going to care how it comes together when talking about individual merit.

There's no difference between composing complex jazz music and composing complex hip hop music. "spitting what others wrote for you" isn't what's signified by a bunch of people receiving writing credits.

You can continue to be in denial and operate under the assumption that Kanye is a puppet propped up by other people's work, or you can accept reality. It's not like what goes on in the studio is a secret, there's a ton of shyt you can read and watch with people talking about recording with Ye.

Anthony Kilhoffer: "I'm in It" started out with a different sample and melody. Then Kanye removed the sample, and it lived as a six-minute arrangement for a while. Then Rick Rubingot ahold of it and structured it to flow as a three-minute piece. Oftentimes, songs start out at six minutes, then they get whittled down to the best parts over the course of months.

Mike Dean: We're all trying to push things to be weirder. I sometimes push for stuff to be more musical, and then Kanye pulls it back to hip-hop. "I'm In It", for instance, had these crazy guitar parts and all this stadium stuff, and then Rick, Noah, and Kanye pulled it back. I wasn't very happy with that at first, but it came out really well.

Evian Christ: That track is obviously very overtly sexual, and the production mirrors that. When I first sent it, I had some breathy sex sounds laid on the snares, and by the time Kanye was rapping over it, it definitely went into overdrive as far as emphasizing the sexuality. The first time I heard it with Kanye's vocals, I had to do a double-take on a couple of the lines. But if you’re gonna do a song like that, you may as well go all the way; if you’re gonna do a sex song, you may as well talk about fisting. To me, it was very definite-- he absolutely knew what he wanted to do on that track.

Noah Goldstein: Kanye figured out all those reggae voices on the album. Everything is him, to be real. Regardless of who additionally produced things, it's his curation. And this idea that he's not as hands-on in the studio now is bullshyt. He is the consummate producer.

http://pitchfork.com/features/articles/9157-the-yeezus-sessions/

Wouldn't all of the people that you think do all the work for Kanye be mad about it? Instead of heap praise upon him at every opporunity? You either have a personal grudge against him or you have absolutely no clue how music is created. Or both.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
make sense now

any fukking idiot can pick up a mic.... pick up a piece of paper... and rap

i don't know who you referring to as the best... but i'm gonna guess it's probably not anyone that is universally considered as the best

and beyond that.... him rapping and freestyling is still HIM WRITING OR FREESTYLING THE WORDS

it's not someone else writing it, and handing him some paper, and he goes in and writes it

what exactly was lil kim's talent when SHE did this song?? biggie wrote it, flowed to it, picked the beat, and had all her mannerisms... my 4 year old could do this

Kanye decides what he says on his songs, he doesn't read other people's papers. I don't know what else to say, you're wrong.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
#wpoy2015

You roll around in ignorance like a pig rolls in shyt

Anthony Kilhoffer: Everyone’s given a song and asked to go produce on it and bring it back the next day, then we’ll all sit around and critique it. It’s kind of like an art class [laughs]: “This is what we did this afternoon, what do you think?”

Evian Christ: The atmosphere in the studio is very focused. It’s a room full of people who are working towards the same idea, and you just know that when you hand something over to Kanye, it’s gonna come back even better. That makes for a very easy working experience.

Anthony Kilhoffer: We get to the studio at about two in the afternoon, and then work until maybe 11 p.m., go back to Kanye’s house, play what we worked on, then maybe go back to the studio around midnight and work until three in the morning. A lot of people think, “Oh, it’s a Kanye project-- spend a couple of days in the studio and then go out and party in Paris.” But it’s serious work.

Evian Christ: Logic would seemingly state that an album with so many people working on it would sound disjointed, but what Kanye manages to do is get the best out of everyone working towards one sound. You can’t really overstate how difficult it is to do that.

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
You roll around in ignorance like a pig rolls in shyt

Anthony Kilhoffer: Everyone’s given a song and asked to go produce on it and bring it back the next day, then we’ll all sit around and critique it. It’s kind of like an art class [laughs]: “This is what we did this afternoon, what do you think?”

Evian Christ: The atmosphere in the studio is very focused. It’s a room full of people who are working towards the same idea, and you just know that when you hand something over to Kanye, it’s gonna come back even better. That makes for a very easy working experience.

Anthony Kilhoffer: We get to the studio at about two in the afternoon, and then work until maybe 11 p.m., go back to Kanye’s house, play what we worked on, then maybe go back to the studio around midnight and work until three in the morning. A lot of people think, “Oh, it’s a Kanye project-- spend a couple of days in the studio and then go out and party in Paris.” But it’s serious work.

Evian Christ: Logic would seemingly state that an album with so many people working on it would sound disjointed, but what Kanye manages to do is get the best out of everyone working towards one sound. You can’t really overstate how difficult it is to do that.
that shyt isn't hip hop. I appreciate him pushing the genre in different directions... but what he's doing isn't rap anymore. go dikk ride over at ktt..

eerieBell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da Magnolia
for the 2398472389487239th time

singing IS the talent... the song structure is another talent

rapping does not take talent... not when corny white people can rap on commercials to a beat with a flow

THE TALENT OF RAP IS THE WRITING

You have no idea what you're talking about.

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
it's music. hip hop's music. you just sound stupid now :camby:
you sound like a ktt plant :sas2:

Look I'm happy Kanye gets to lead a art class full of creative people for his albums.. I never said I doubted he was indeed leading it. But so far im unimpressed by the material he has made with that method. Everyone really just wants to hear that College Dropout Yeezy.. That shyt he was producing before he was even famous and cacs still couldn't pronounce his name Yeezy :heh:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did dudes really just say KanYe is doing the same thing Miles Davis Did? Really guys? REALLY? Miles Davis composed and wrote the music and musicians played. That is not what KanYe is doing. I'm sorry, i'm all for collaboration. But 18 credited song writers? It's just hard to spin this to me.

Im saying. One of the last few saving graces in rap is that you have to write your own shyt.