kanye west used 16 other people to help write "All Day"

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Leading musicians =/= as having people give you a beat and then having multiple people assist you with writing a song. You can't just move what you don't like, copy/paste this here etc.

We don't even have to use Miles Davis to make this comparison. There's a difference between what Kanye did with Late Registration vs. what he's been doing recently. Late Registration had multiple musicians, but they weren't credited with writing. They were credited with whatever instrument they played.

what's the difference between Miles Davis telling people what to play on their instruments and Kanye telling people what to do with their voice or their computer software

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
why aernt we callin rihanna a genius

whats the difference between her and kanye :yeshrug:
for the 2398472389487239th time

singing IS the talent... the song structure is another talent

rapping does not take talent... not when corny white people can rap on commercials to a beat with a flow

THE TALENT OF RAP IS THE WRITING

that's the difference in the beatles, prince, beyonce, MJ, etc etc... no matter who wrote it.. you can't take joe blow off the street and sing it... you can hand an 8 year old some paper and have him spit to a mobb deep beat

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
On a interesting note

Steve McQueen Is Directing a Music Video for Kanye West's Latest Single 'All Day'

While promoting his latest album in the UK, Kanye West gave a lecture at Oxford University yesterday, Monday, during which he shared that Steve McQueen has directed the music video for his latest single, "All Day."

"I was sitting with Steve McQueen; he shot the visuals for 'All Day' two days ago. It's completely different to the Brit Awards," revealed West.

According to student newspaper The Tab Oxford, the lecture hall was filled with 350 people, and West requested that students turn all phones off, in order to protect his privacy.

Speaking for an hour, West's lecture was wide-ranging, touching on many of his favorite subjects, like classism in the fashion industry, being great, and more: "Clothing should be like food. There should never be a $5,000 sweater," West said to the gathering of students. "You know what should cost $5,000? A car."

The pair seems to have gotten cozy since West presented McQueen with the Breakout Director Award at the Hollywood Film Awards in 2013, for "12 Years A Slave." After the awards show, the director heaped praise on West, calling him "an artistic genius... I'm not just saying it to make him look better because he's been on top for 10 years. He's been hitting the ball out of the park for the last 10 years with his music. He's an amazing guy to talk to and to converse with."

No date given for when the music video will premiere, but I'm sure it'll be sooner than later.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what's the difference between Miles Davis telling people what to play on their instruments and Kanye telling people what to do with their voice or their computer software

1) The people on Kanye's song are credited as writers meaning they helped him write lyrics and/or assisted with production. The guy that made the beat to "All Day" said that it was finished when he sent it to Kanye, but things were added.

2) There's far more involved in leading a band than telling someone what instruments to play.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
for the 2398472389487239th time

singing IS the talent... the song structure is another talent

rapping does not take talent... not when corny white people can rap on commercials to a beat with a flow

THE TALENT OF RAP IS THE WRITING

that's the difference in the beatles, prince, beyonce, MJ, etc etc... no matter who wrote it.. you can't take joe blow off the street and sing it... you can hand an 8 year old some paper and have him spit to a mobb deep beat

none of this makes sense

the best rapper didn't even write anything down

he just sipped lean and smoked and practiced freestyling to the point where he was able to enter the musical voids of beats and infuse them with his flow

nothing a rapper writes matters if he can't spit it right. words have no musical context without flow and delivery. you have it all backwards

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
none of this makes sense

the best rapper didn't even write anything down

he just sipped lean and smoked and practiced freestyling to the point where he was able to enter the musical voids of beats and infuse them with his flow

nothing a rapper writes matters if he can't spit it right. words have no musical context without flow and delivery. you have it all backwards
make sense now

any fukking idiot can pick up a mic.... pick up a piece of paper... and rap

i don't know who you referring to as the best... but i'm gonna guess it's probably not anyone that is universally considered as the best

and beyond that.... him rapping and freestyling is still HIM WRITING OR FREESTYLING THE WORDS

it's not someone else writing it, and handing him some paper, and he goes in and writes it

what exactly was lil kim's talent when SHE did this song?? biggie wrote it, flowed to it, picked the beat, and had all her mannerisms... my 4 year old could do this

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
like i said... it takes talent what ye does putting the song together.... even if you have other producers... you can say putting together the music is a talent

there is no fukking way getting a rhyme written for you is a talent.... don't give me rapping is a talent when my 4th grade english teacher would rap the mcdonalds big mac commercial song and shyt

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Somebody with knowledge of the music industry explain to me how this works? I have always wondered, do they all actively write different songs and the best verses are mashed together, are the writers given specific parts to focus on etc etc

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
make sense now

any fukking idiot can pick up a mic.... pick up a piece of paper... and rap

i don't know who you referring to as the best... but i'm gonna guess it's probably not anyone that is universally considered as the best

and beyond that.... him rapping and freestyling is still HIM WRITING OR FREESTYLING THE WORDS

it's not someone else writing it, and handing him some paper, and he goes in and writes it

what exactly was lil kim's talent when SHE did this song?? biggie wrote it, flowed to it, picked the beat, and had all her mannerisms... my 4 year old could do thispeaking of

speaking of lil kim her verse on Get money was just straight up blatant with the biggie verse written for her. made it too obvious with how she flowed it and emphasized it... "stiff dikk feel sweet in this little PETITE" :comeon: