kanye west used 16 other people to help write "All Day"

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Get this nikka Miles Davis the fukk outta here :camby:

these sax and clarinet players did everything for him but he takes all the credit :dahell:

and he's supposed to be one of the GOATs :mjlol:

umQY9tb.png

Yet that album artist just says "Miles Davis" :rudy:

Get this fraud "genius" out of here :camby:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get this nikka Miles Davis the fukk outta here :camby:

these sax and clarinet players did everything for him but he takes all the credit :dahell:

and he's supposed to be one of the GOATs :mjlol:

umQY9tb.png

Yet that album artist just says "Miles Davis" :rudy:

Get this fraud "genius" out of here :camby:

Credits for a typical album would read like that even Hip Hop albums. The key difference here is that musicians and session players are hardly credited as writers unless they also had a hand in producing the song. Kanye's song has 18 writers. Being a fan of Kanye's music, it's understood that he wants to create the best song possible. The problem is that Kanye's heralded as a genius for it where others are criticized for doing the same. The same people who champion Kanye as a creative genius were the same ones knocking a Dre or a Puff for having help. Both of them credited writers and producers for their work. The difference is Puff has only been responsible for manually creating a handful of beats and he's only been solely credited with producing a handful of songs.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Credits for a typical album would read like that even Hip Hop albums. The key difference here is that musicians and session players are hardly credited as writers unless they also had a hand in producing the song. Kanye's song has 18 writers. Being a fan of Kanye's music, it's understood that he wants to create the best song possible. The problem is that Kanye's heralded as a genius for it where others are criticized for doing the same. The same people who champion Kanye as a creative genius were the same ones knocking a Dre or a Puff for having help. Both of them credited writers and producers for their work. The difference is Puff has only been responsible for manually creating a handful of beats and he's only been solely credited with producing a handful of songs.

All of the people listed for bytches Brew had a hand in creating those songs since it was mostly improvising and the musicians vibing off each other. So why does Miles Davis get all the credit?

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of the people listed for bytches Brew had a hand in creating those songs since it was mostly improvising and the musicians vibing off each other. So why does Miles Davis get all the credit?

He's not getting all the credit though. Nowhere is he being credited for all of the instruments.

sporticus

https://bit.ly/36fn72e
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye is a talented guy, but he's had his head so far up his own azz that I have no hope whatsoever that I'll get the old Kanye back.

Believe me, I'm not one of those dudes that even says shyt like that. One of them "good ol days" type cats. But Kanye's the epitome of one of those dudes that thinks going overboard with writers and ghost producers, feeling yourself, mashing together every kind of music you've heard while on vacation is growth.

Big-mouth flossy, arrogant, Euro-Ye is famous for his antics, but it's NOT what endeared people to Kanye's music. It wasn't about antics and being conceited to the point of narcissism or auto-tune experiments. It was his everyman attitude in a world of larger-than-life rap personas and his soul. Not even soul samples, just heart.

Kanye's music has no heart anymore. All Day sounds like overproduced Cirque Du Soleil hip-hop.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But he gets credited for the album in its entirety and is regarded as a musical genius

pls explain

You're comparing an entire album with multiple musicians to a song with multiple writers and producers. Miles Davis was a composer, band leader, and trumpet player. Kanye raps and produces, but has a plethora of people aiding him in both. Now how many trumpet players are credited on Miles' songs vs. Kanye's song? How many people are credited with composing on Miles' songs vs. Kanye's song?

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
You're comparing an entire album with multiple musicians to a song with multiple writers and producers. Miles Davis was a composer, band leader, and trumpet player. Kanye raps and produces, but has a plethora of people aiding him in both. Now how many trumpet players are credited on Miles' songs vs. Kanye's song? How many people are credited with composing on Miles' songs vs. Kanye's song?

Tell me what band leading is and what's different about it from what Kanye does and also tell me the difference between composing and what Kanye does

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tell me what band leading is and what's different about it from what Kanye does and also tell me the difference between composing and what Kanye does

Leading musicians =/= as having people give you a beat and then having multiple people assist you with writing a song. You can't just move what you don't like, copy/paste this here etc.

We don't even have to use Miles Davis to make this comparison. There's a difference between what Kanye did with Late Registration vs. what he's been doing recently. Late Registration had multiple musicians, but they weren't credited with writing. They were credited with whatever instrument they played.