kanye west used 16 other people to help write "All Day"

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
Most def.

You'll notice a difference in his subject matter when comparing his Pre 808s music (CD, LR, Graduation) and Post 808s (MBDTF, Cruel Summer, Yeezus)

In 2008 was probably the transition period where his inner circle changed. Previous writers/collaborators like Rhymefest, Consequence, GLC, Really Doe were on their way out and the new guys like Medium Sean, Cyhi, Kid Cudi, etc. were brought in

They don't hear you though...

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Ya'll realize those 18 ppl didn't HAVE toi write any of the lyrics/production....Cyhi explained it in his interview that he could just be in the studio w/ Kayne and say some shyt like "thats dope" to a line kayne said or switch a word or two and he will get credit? not making excuses 18 is excessive but stating facts.

DontgetTired777

FINE$$E THE WORLD BREH'S
Daps
Reppin
The Coli Official Poster Of 2014
I told cats years ago (check my post history) that Kanye has retreats in Hawaii where he flies in different people to write & produce his music. Dude hasn't written his own verses in years. Big Sean & Cyhi are responsible for a LOT of Kanye's recent music (2010+)...

This isn't about "borrowing" lines... cats are being handed FULL VERSES to REHEARSE... it's a LOT of rappers in this New Era that are no different then Pop Acts... :yeshrug:

But I'ma let ya'll continue to believe these rappers still pen their own verses let alone lines... :skip:
You must spread reputation to at least 30 other user(s) before you can give reputation to nikkaz In Paris again.

Same goes for these so called "Super Producers." nikkas are getting handed Fully completed beats :skip:

McPiff

#goat
Daps
So much ignorance in this thread :banderas:

Do you guys know how writing credits work?
They clearly dont.
No, we can't assume that. Lupe is credited on Black Skinhead and has said he has no idea why he was even credited. He had nothing to do with composing the song. So If you think about the idea of 16 people sitting in a room trying to write two verses for a rap song it sounds fukkin ridicluous. Of course that's not what happened. The only people on that list I see actually sitting down and thinking of bars with Ye are Rhymefest or Cyhi.

Composers aren't just people who wrote lyrics as another person said, it's anyone who Ye feels had any hand in making the song. Producers, etc. I would imagine, like in the case of what probably happened with Lupe on Black Skinhead, maybe it's just someone who had a conversation with Ye and inspired something he said in the song so he credits them.

They dont hear you though.
yall are going about this all wrong. what yall should be doing is giving Kanye some daps and credit for actually doing something that a lot of rappers/singers may not do once they reach star status. and thats give everyone their due in the credits. some only pay for ghost writers(so you wont see them in the credits, they got paid up front or some other side deal). but it doesnt mean your favorite rapper isnt getting help. Being a PROFESSIONAL rapper/singer, etc is a full time job. and people as big as Ye has to maintain his BRAND. outside of rapping. So like any full time job you will need some help producing a good product. most if not all of your favorite mcees have used ghost writers, and collaborators. some of them just dont give everyone their credit.

This.

ll_simon

GQ MoTY Candidate
Daps
Reppin
#NJLives #LWO
I negd you for insulting my intelligence. Like this is some complex situation im incapable of comprehending :camby:
Well unless you've been in a studio while music is being made then you couldn't comprehend. Which is exactly what you sound like.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
Prince is one of the most musically talented people on earth and will literally sell out a show anywhere on the planet but hes only known for one song...Get your dumb ass the fukk out of here :wtf:

I reckon of course a weeabo scumbag is defending Prince. You dullards spent your childhood mesmerized at one dimensional Japanese people depicted as white androgynous characters.No surprise you'd stick up for this hack.

nikkas got the worst taste in television and it translate to their taste in music as well. Then actually bringing up how if something sells out= quality. Embarrassing.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
You must spread reputation to at least 30 other user(s) before you can give reputation to nikkaz In Paris again.

Same goes for these so called "Super Producers." nikkas are getting handed Fully completed beats :skip:

*walks into studio listening to fully produced beat by unknown producer*

*changes hi-hat pattern*

"Produced By Jermaine Dupri." :skip:

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime:

Hes good with just add water SAMPLES (just place drums over samples) thats why is early stuff is good. Kanye is best known for the chipmunk sample sound as far as producing.....thats where it stops. Other than that Rymefest and a few other skilled rappers always had a hand up Kanyes ass telling him what to say in songs.

41RYWHRYBTL.jpg

Be good at making a bowl of cereal or microwave popcorn. Then hire some master Chefs to do the work then call your self a master Chef brehs.

The ether in this post :damn: :banderas:

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
Kanye West, Paul McCartney, Tyler Bryant, Kendrick Lamar, Karim Kharbouch, Cydel Young, Victor Mensah, Mike Dean, Che Pope, Noah Goldstein, Allen Ritter, Mario Winans, Charles Njapa, Malik Yusef Jones, Patrick Reynolds, Ernest Brown & Noel Ellis"

:mjlol:

I wonder which lines Kendrick wrote tho

"You a actor you should be on broadway nikka"
:dead: