Lord Quas

Pro
Daps
@Blackgate
@Maquina
@Indigo-1
@Swagnificent

Well shyt, here I go:

I myself am Egyptian, Coptic Egyptian to be specific. My family is from as far South as you can get in Egypt ( near Aswan) and were a rural people. When I used to go to Church, it was alongside Ethiopians, and Sudanese and our liturgy is literally done in what is considered the final stage of the Ancient Egyptian language (Coptic)...

In my own personal experience and those of my family, my Mom for example, would get asked if my Dad was Black because they thought my sisters were biracial. Some Black people( strangers, friends)consider me Black, or thought I was a light-skin…or biracial..others don’t… When I used to grow out my hair (I had a massive Afro) I had an old Black dude throw up the Black Power first in the air with a huge smile on his face when he saw me. I had a Black guy tell me I looked like a young Richard Pryor…lol…I’ve had racist people call me all kinds of nasty shyt thinking that Im Black too.

I know a lot of Egyptians, including my extended family that have wooly hair, and Afro textured hair…those aren’t “Black” features exclusively…those are AFRICAN features.

On the flip side though, I’ve also had Mexicans thinking I’m Mexican and get mad when I don’t understand them speaking Spanish to me. Racist people have said all kinds of nasty shyt thinking I’m Mexican too.

My personal experiences aside though…

Ancient Egypt reigned for millenniums and across Egypt, and in the continent with the highest genetic diversity…and a country that is referred to as the “Crossroads of Civilization” you can pick and choose whatever Dynastic period and you’ll find Pharaohs and depictions of other Ancient Egyptians as being from the Near East, and others you’ll find that they look what we consider Black…and you’ll find depictions of people with Libyan skin tones, traditionally lighter and almost White. And if you visit Egypt today, and I mean really, visit everywhere (Upper and Lower) and you’ll see the diversity there.

You’ll see people that look like indigenous North Africans, people from the Near East, Nubians, Libyans, and people that are a mix of all of these.

The Tropic of Cancer (where the Equator is) runs right through Aswan, that should tell you what you need to know about how Egyptians look…Everyone here is arguing that Egyptians were Black or not based on European/North-American classifications of race…Egyptians are Africans, whether or not that fits into todays, or your interpretation of that being considered Black is up to you… The classification of race while also being completely arbitrary is European in origin…Skin color is less accurate about “race” than climate is… think these quotes sum things up pretty well.
Stuart Tyson Smith wrote in 2001: "Any characterization of race of the ancient Egyptians depends on modern cultural definitions, not on scientific study. Thus, by modern American standards it is reasonable to characterize the Egyptians as 'black', while acknowledging the scientific evidence for the physical diversity of Africans." He continues: "Ancient Egyptian practices show strong similarities to modern African cultures including divine kingship, the use of headrests, body art, circumcision, and male coming of-age rituals, all suggesting an African substratum or foundation for Egyptian civilisation".[48]Smith also wrote in 2004: "Egyptian art depicts Nubians with stereotypical dark skin, facial features, hairstyles, and dress, all very different from Egyptians and the other two ethnic groups, Asiatics and Libyans".[49] He adds that "no single material correlate, no matter how abundantly represented, unambiguously reflects ethnic group affiliation".[50]

Barry J. Kemp wrote in 2007 that the black/white argument, though politically understandable, is an oversimplification that hinders an appropriate evaluation of the scientific data on the ancient Egyptians since it does not take into consideration the difficulty in ascertaining complexion from skeletal remains. It also ignores the fact that Africa is inhabited by many other populations besides Bantu-related ("Negroid") groups. He wrote that in reconstructions of life in ancient Egypt, modern Egyptians would therefore be the most logical and closest approximation to the ancient Egyptians. Kemp also wrote that "..sample populations available from northern Egypt from before the 1st Dynasty (Merimda, Maadi and Wadi Digla) turn out to be significantly different from sample populations from early Palestine and Byblos, suggesting a lack of common ancestors over a long time" and the anthropological measurements of ancient Egyptians male limb length proportions had grouped "them with Africans rather than with Europeans".[55]
Howe (1998: 132) adds:

“”"In other words — as the evidence of self-depiction would lead us to expect — this was a people predominantly of indigenous African origin whose skin hues may have exhibited just, or almost, as wide a range as do those of peoples across the contemporary 'Saharo-tropical' region, from Algerian Berbers to southern Sudanese.

“”Lower Egyptian groups have tended to pool more with European and Mediterranean groups, while Upper Egyptians are biologically more similar to southern African groups. The geographic proximity of Lower Egyptians to the Mediterranean Sea and of Upper Egyptians to Nubia likely explains the phenotypic and genotypic differences between the two areas.[22]

Anyways, feel free to disagree. I’m not an Egyptologist

:manny:

Maquina

Banned
Daps
@Blackgate
@Maquina
@Indigo-1
@Swagnificent

Well shyt, here I go:

I myself am Egyptian, Coptic Egyptian to be specific. My family is from as far South as you can get in Egypt ( near Aswan) and were a rural people. When I used to go to Church, it was alongside Ethiopians, and Sudanese and our liturgy is literally done in what is considered the final stage of the Ancient Egyptian language (Coptic)...

In my own personal experience and those of my family, my Mom for example, would get asked if my Dad was Black because they thought my sisters were biracial. Some Black people( strangers, friends)consider me Black, or thought I was a light-skin…or biracial..others don’t… When I used to grow out my hair (I had a massive Afro) I had an old Black dude throw up the Black Power first in the air with a huge smile on his face when he saw me. I had a Black guy tell me I looked like a young Richard Pryor…lol…I’ve had racist people call me all kinds of nasty shyt thinking that Im Black too.

I know a lot of Egyptians, including my extended family that have wooly hair, and Afro textured hair…those aren’t “Black” features exclusively…those are AFRICAN features.

On the flip side though, I’ve also had Mexicans thinking I’m Mexican and get mad when I don’t understand them speaking Spanish to me. Racist people have said all kinds of nasty shyt thinking I’m Mexican too.

Ancient Egypt reigned for millenniums and across Egypt, and in the continent with the highest genetic diversity…and a country that is referred to as the “Crossroads of Civilization” you can pick and choose whatever Dynastic period and you’ll find Pharaohs and depictions of other Ancient Egyptians as being from the Near East, and others you’ll find that they look what we consider Black…and you’ll find depictions of people with Libyan skin tones, traditionally lighter and almost White. And if you visit Egypt today, and I mean really, visit everywhere (Upper and Lower) and you’ll see the diversity there.

You’ll see people that look like indigenous North Africans, people from the Near East, Nubians, Libyans, and people that are a mix of all of these.

The Tropic of Cancer (where the Equator is) runs right through Aswan, that should tell you what you need to know about how Egyptians look…Everyone here is arguing that Egyptians were Black or not based on European/North-American classifications of race…Egyptians are Africans, whether or not that fits into todays, or your interpretation of that being considered Black is up to you… The classification of race while also being completely arbitrary is European in origin…Skin color is less accurate about “race” than climate is… think these quotes sum things up pretty well.

Appreciate that - insight and tend to agree . What you stated was generally my alignment as well . Although I may not have articulated as well as your post did .

Maquina

Banned
Daps

Only thing ive seen about a pharaoh having european dna is about tut but that was “unscientific” because the ones making that claim didnt even do a dna test on tut. They saw something on tv and came to the conclusion that tut had european dna.

That’s very odd - you can easily google this though . It’s been posted on research groups .
And there’s been like 70+ mummies that have underwent various dna testing .

I wouldn’t call the findings inconclusive although they have been nuanced .

Daps
@Blackgate
@Maquina
@Indigo-1
@Swagnificent

Well shyt, here I go:

An Egyptian breh?

Glad to have you. Why do yall pretend as if the real Egyptians ain't black? People of Arab descent moved in and took over. But Egypt was historically a black nation.

Discuss.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
LOL. You might want to look at that image a little closer. Yes some of the Nubians have pitch black skin, but look at the others. They have reddish brown skin like the Pharoah and his horse.

I know white people see us black folk as being all the same but we do actually come in different shades. Some Africans can be a lot darker than others. In particular those from Sudan (which is where Nubia was located). The Nilotic peoples of Sudan are famous for being among the darkest in the world. So it makes perfect sense when your closest neighbors are darker than even other Africans that most Nubians would be represented as being a darker hue.

With that said, the image you posted still contradicts your point because a closer inspection would have told you thar half of the Nubians Ramses is trampling with his horse have the same skin color as him.

So your saying that.... the Egypto-Nubian rivalry and subsequent unification in the dynastic periods... is the first recorded case... of light skin brehs vs midnight boys?

This man has made an anthropological discovery on the Coli :wow:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see all his conservative friends have abandoned him because he started taking shots at the wrong group
Kanye don't even have a platform now to apologize
Truth Social would LOVE to have him. We all would too. It means he's been de-platformed by everyone else and can only talk to people that think JFK Jr is coming back to team up with Trump :ohlawd: WIns all around