Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Donda gets better with each spin

I just need to manually combine all those pt 2 shyts

agreed. Played it yesterday and it hit so much harder.

did he change the mixing on jail in the last couple of days. shyt sounded different yesterday. Literally like it was coming through stadium speakers. Might’ve been because I was driving a different car.

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
I had no expectations for this album. I’m not religious and despise being preached to and his recent output hasn’t really impressed me.
I understand how hard it is to separate the man from the music and can completely understand someone who just isn’t interested in hearing anything from Kanye.
After several listens to this album I am stunned at how great it is and how much I love it. I’m walking around the house singing “Jesus! Lord!” and my girl is looking at me like I’m crazy or it’s some type of joke.
This album is not reminiscent of anything I’ve heard besides echos of past Kanye. In 2021 that is remarkably rare. Unlike College Dropout and 808s this is unlikely to spur a million copycats mostly because other artists would be unable to pull it off.
It’s too early for me to rank this in his discography but it’s much closer to the top than the bottom. I firmly believe that in time once the noise and furor die down and true music fans have a chance to listen closely and live with this album it will be viewed as a masterwork and one of his defining moments.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Wow

aight imma have to make my own damn playlist i already made a folder adding the explicit versions and the ok with drums

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Am I trippin, or is this album really good??? I'm on my first listen ever and I'm surprised. I love gospel anyways and I think Kanye did a great job. At the very least I'll give this a 7.5-8 and I still got 7 tracks left. I'll go more in depth on my second listen. But the production is hella good and the features did a great job. Kanye also did a great job as well.

Damn near got teary eyed with Donda and Keep my spirit alive.

This is way better than the drake shyt I heard earlier, I really needed something like this in my life. I need more gospel in general

The gospel vibes are doing it for me too, breh,. Listening to this warms the spirit :wow:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
:lawd:

Aight I can now bump this without skipping.

1. I Know God Breathed On This
2. I’m Not OK (17ONDATRACK Remix)
3. Praise God
4. Pure Souls
5. Life of the Party
6. Jonah
7. New Again
8. Remote
9. Keep My Spirit Alive
10. Hurricane
11. Off The Grid
12. Jesus Lord
13. Lord I Need You
14. Jail
15. Heaven & Hell
16. Gonna Be Ok

5 Mic Classic

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Add that Andrew 3000 joint to Donda and it’s icing on the cake :banderas:

only problem is Andre wanna be explicit :steviej:

anyways it still counts for me. This a classic album by Kanye :salute:album

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Man after further review this shyt is terrible. It's basically a bunch of interludes, gospel shyt, and Kanye thinking he has a great singing voice.

Seriously, who told this nikka his singing was good? Come To Life is so cringe. All these damn features I can't tell if it's a Kanye album or a DJ Khaled compilation gospel album. It's all over the place, some songs are either too damn long or too damn short. It's a chore to sit through.

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
AOTY

Name another album this year thats gonna make you cry!!! :damn:

It might now be today, it might not be tomorrow, but I know at some point it’s gonna happen :damn:

Stop tryna party and be fukkking introspective :damn: