Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
I'm cool with the absence of the traditional drums, being that he uses other elements as percussive instruments. Some of the deadspace really bothers me (2nd half of God Breathed). I understand it works building suspense for his shows, but it doesn't work at home

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I finally listened... its dope to me on first full listen. Way too long but this good. Jesus Lord and Off the Grid are both some of the best stuff hes ever done lyrically. Im surprised to hear people not feeling the production. I think its great. I know Kanye is not a likable dude but dope music is dope music. :yeshrug:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Am I trippin, or is this album really good??? I'm on my first listen ever and I'm surprised. I love gospel anyways and I think Kanye did a great job. At the very least I'll give this a 7.5-8 and I still got 7 tracks left. I'll go more in depth on my second listen. But the production is hella good and the features did a great job. Kanye also did a great job as well.

Damn near got teary eyed with Donda and Keep my spirit alive.

This is way better than the drake shyt I heard earlier, I really needed something like this in my life. I need more gospel in general

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
Track by Track Review:

1. "Donda Chant"
2. "Jail" - 4/5 - Song is dope but Hov verse was little disappointing....
3. "God Breathed" - 5/5 - Beat is dope as hell....love that it rides at the end.
4. "Off the Grid" - 5/5 - Every verse is on point and then the beat transition is nice as hell.....
5. "Hurricane" - 5/5 - The Weeknd kills this and Ye verse is tough...
6. "Praise God" - 5/5 - Keem and Travis Scott fit this perfectly....dark moody like beat and the bass is ridiculous in the car.
7. "Jonah" - 3.5/5 - Durk gives a dope ass verse....chorus is meh to me.....Ye gives a Ye like verse.....
8. "Ok Ok" - 5/5 - Song is dope as hell.....if him and Drake were cool....this is a song I could see him on...
9. "Junya" - 3.5/5 Beat is magnificent, even tho the bass is distorted to me....lyrics are meh.....I prefer the version with Ty Dolla $ign
10. "Believe What I Say" - 5/5 - Love the Lauryn Hill Sample
11. "24" - 5/5 - One of my favorites. Actually thought this is how Jesus is King would sound....
12. "Remote Control" - 4/5 - Not one of my favorites but it's super catchy.
13. "Moon" - 5/5 - Vintage Cudi on this song....
14. "Heaven and Hell" - 5/5 - This shyt is beyond fire.....

15. "Donda" -
16. "Keep My Spirit Alive" - 5/5 - Thank Gooooooooooooood.........
17. "Jesus Lord" - 3/5 - Not my favorite song....
18. "New Again" 4.5/5 - Ye almost ruins it with the beginning but it picks up nicely...
19. "Tell the Vision" - 2/5 - Dope song but I don't see why it's added...adds nothing to the album....
20. "Lord I Need You" - 5/5 - Love the sample and simple song...
21. "Pure Souls"
22. "Come to Life" - 5/5 - Love this joint.....actually looking forward to seeing this being performed...
23. "No Child Left Behind" - 5/5 - Love this joint....should've been the intro....

All of these should've been combined with the other version and be the official version.....
24. "Jail, Pt. 2"
25. "Ok Ok, Pt. 2"
26. "Junya, Pt. 2"
27. "Jesus Lord, Pt. 2"