Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

King Karim

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only because of Ye's verse tho.

If we heard Ye's original verse instead of the one dissing Drake it def would make sense within this album
i tend to agree, also if Dre didn't have so much explicit stuff going on in his verse....Andre spoke on it yesterday, saying he wasn't aware that the album would pretty much be free of curse words.

maybe they figure something out with the deluxe edition...excellent song however, it just don't fit the album

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Man if Ye had refined this down to 12 tracks this could have slipped into his top 5.

I find the full project way too bloated and self indulgent, too many songs that don't really go anywhere. There are about 10-12 I keep coming back to and playing alot though.

deeznutz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
GTA
1. LR
2. Graduation
3. MBDTF
4. College Dropout
5. Pablo
6. Donda
7. Yeezus
8. 808's
9. Jesus is King
10. Ye

:yeshrug:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
if you can't understand what's going on, that's on you. borderline masterpiece to me and gets better with each listen. that's all i care about

Ain't shyt going on with this album breh stop. shyt is not deep :rudy:

Unless you one of those " :ohmy: OMG the intro is his mom's heartbeat :ohhh:" nikkas... Then I'll understand why you feel this way

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was no real theme or meaning to the album. It was all over the place musically, thematically, production wise. The song would have fit perfectly on an album that was really nothing more than a bunch of songs thrown together
:gucci:

It's clearly a gospel-rap album with cohesive themes and production