Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Babyshambles

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
Big Kanye fan, but he's stagnating. This kind of unfinished sounding big stadium/synths-stuff he's doing, is starting to sound dated. This to me is in the same vein as Ye, albeit a bit better. I made a playlist with the 10 best tracks and that's a decent album, nothing special though.

Jail
Off the Grid
Junya
Believe What I Say
Heaven and Hell
Keep My Spirit Alive
New Again
Pure Souls
Jesus Lord pt 2

Patrón Papi

I’m a player
Daps
Reppin
The Land/216
The critics giving it bad reviews because he brought out Marilyn Manson & da baby :dead:

“Donda is a album dedicated to his late mother but consists of misogynistic rapists and abusers. I refused to listen to this 0/10” :dead:

But watch how they praise Drake even though he got caught up texting and grooming a minor :dead:

Trash a album about the lord but praise music about murdering your black opps brehs :dead:

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Kanye West maskiert auf Berlin-Tour – im Auto der BILD-Reporter

He is one of the greatest music stars of our time: rapper Kanye West (44). The American appeared surprisingly in the German capital on Tuesday. Completely masked and dressed in dark.

Kanye madness in Berlin!

What is Kanye, still-husband of Kim Kardashian, doing in Germany? He tours galleries. The crazy story: As a chauffeur, he suddenly chooses the BILD reporter!

The unbelievable sounding story starts at noon. The BILD photographer spots Kanye West in front of a hotel in Berlin-Mitte. The rap star and his entourage drive to Tiergarten in a Mercedes Vito. There Kanye, wearing a thick sweater with the letters “KW”, gets out in front of an old building on Genthiner Straße.

Kanye West wears a mask. She completely covers his face. There are only two viewing slits in it - it has nothing to do with Corona. Then it's off to the Pergamon Museum, later to the "Julia Stoschek Collection" on Leipziger Straße. Then the musician feels hungry and is chauffeured to the traditional wine house “Lutter & Wegner” on Gendarmenmarkt.

When he comes out again, he speaks to the BILD photographer and would rather ride with him than with his own chauffeurs. Briefly tidied up the car so that it was VIP-friendly, then Kanye West (estimated fortune: at least two billion dollars) gets into the small car for the BILD reporter! And the private tour begins.

Kanye lets himself be driven to the “works of art” on Auguststrasse, to the Boros art bunker on Reinhardtstrasse and to the Berghain techno club. Disco is currently not yet possible due to Corona, but the exhibition in Berghain is open again. Kanye's visit to Berghain? Only took 10 minutes. He crept in, looked around briefly - and then the wild ride with the BILD reporters ended. In between he poses for BILD, looks curiously at the finished photos and gives precise instructions on HOW exactly he wants to be staged in the photos.

"I'm staying until Friday," announced Kanye West. He's working on projects here. His long-awaited album "Donda" was released on Sunday.

It is still unclear whether he will use his BILD chauffeur again.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The critics giving it bad reviews because he brought out Marilyn Manson & da baby :dead:

“Donda is a album dedicated to his late mother but consists of misogynistic rapists and abusers. I refused to listen to this 0/10” :dead:

But watch how they praise Drake even though he got caught up texting and grooming a minor :dead:

Trash a album about the lord but praise music about murdering your black opps brehs :dead:
Drake hasn’t gotten great reviews in quite some time. He gets average reviews at best and that will continue.

Kanye dropped a weak, bloated album without an ounce of Christianity - instead filled with vapid spirituality. Not surprised he’s getting bad reviews. It’s over for him musically unless Hov shoots him bail with another tour (because Kanye likely is still black listed from tour agencies after the Pablo thing) or joint album. He shot his shot. And now Drake takes over in a few days.

Last edited:

Patrón Papi

I’m a player
Daps
Reppin
The Land/216
Drake hasn’t gotten great reviews in quite some time. He gets average reviews at best and that will continue.

Kanye dropped a weak, bloated album without an ounce of Christianity - instead filled with vapid spirituality. Not surprised he’s getting bad reviews. It’s over him him musically unless Hov shoots him bail with another tour (because Kanye likely is still black listed from your agencies after the Pablo thing) or joint album. He shot his shot. And now Drake takes over in a few days.
How is it over when the album is still going strong after randomly dropping on a Sunday morning? Sales for his clothing brand skyrocketed over 90 after he dropped. He sold out 3 stadiums just to dance while making a huge profit from it :dead:

I would hope Drake outsell him since he’s dropping on a Friday. Giving him a full week :dead:

Man y’all really hate this nikka lol

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV

I don’t get the hate for the album, especially by the critics. I can only guess they are hating for some reason besides the music :lolbron:

Only song I hate on there is remote control :hhh:

It's not real. This hate is not real and whenever albums this big drop its a goddamn shytshow in the booth. It MAY be mostly Drake stans but I'm not sure. But I've seen some users here and in CLB thread that I don't see anywhere else in the Booth.

My only gripes
1. Yes I think Remote is lazy as hell and a waste of time
2. Junya and OKOK had way better features on the alternative versions
3. The sheer length. There are songs I enjoy that I skip just off the length unless I make an effort , and I prefer to let albums play throughout.

Last edited: