Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This album isn’t even embarrassing. And I don’t mean that as a compliment. The negro who reviewed it for GQ actually sat with the album and made incisive and insightful points at least. The bulk of you just traffic in brand loyalty and platitudes. I’ve come to realize very few of you have any grasp of, interest in, or regard for art. You talk and think in nakedly capitalist terms: “it had ____streams” or “the metacritic rating is ____ (unless that works against your contrived agenda, at which point critics are all CACs and c00ns)” or “___ and ___ and __ and __ are on the album” or “____ shouted this out on his twitter/instagram”

Just recycling the most base cog-in-a-marketing-and-consumption-American-machine talking points while posturing as artsy and militant counterculture types

Absolutely bizarre and warped. This album of nothingness is def tailor-made for you cats. Yikes.

what’s your personal criticism of the album though :patrice:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
When your not getting support/love from your fellow artists and your a SUPER STAR like Kanye its a bad sign.

Almost no other artists are posting or showing love to the album. Not even Kanye’s day 1 GOOD Music homies. No Lebron sharing your shyt on IG Live. None of that
Here annoying ass nikka @El Negro Suave

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
:gucci:

:mjlol:

But you do! Because you and your ilk are the ones in this thread about a "trash" artist and his "trash" album, trying to convince people of why they shouldn't like something that they clearly like. :pachaha:
You didn’t even read what I said and I never said any of that

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
on my third listen shyt is flames I dont know how anyone can say this is trash. It's not cohesive in the sense that some of the songs sound out of place but overall shyt sounds good.
top 5 songs for me are;
1. hurricane
2. remote control
3. jesus lord
4 off the grid
5. junya

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
on my third listen shyt is flames I dont know how anyone can say this is trash. It's not cohesive in the sense that some of the songs sound out of place but overall shyt sounds good.
top 5 songs for me are;
1. hurricane
2. remote control
3. jesus lord
4 off the grid
5. junya
You just named 5 songs out of a 2 hour double album that’s how :laugh: