Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I dont get the complaint for iTs ToO lOnG :what:

Do you nikkas have ADHD? How is 1hr 44 minutes too long? Like have yall never sat through a movie? what the hell

Just play the damn thing and stop complaining. The alternative is 6 tracks and each are like 45 seconds.
I actually think that's a fair complaint. Film and music are different art forms. A 2 hour movie and a 2 hour album are different things. Most people are not ever asked to have to set aside 2 hours to digest a full album. It's not a thing that people are used to having to do, and for people that want to hear an entire album front to back without skimming it or putting it on shuffle, then 2 hours is a big ask.

Also, there are plenty of albums in the 40-70 minute range. It's not like Kanye can only choose between making 7 track projects or 27 track projects.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Ppl who don't like Kanye LOVE to let everyone else know they not listening to his shyt :mjlol:

With most artists if you not vibing with it you just keep it moving, maybe drop one post letting ppl know your opinion and then move on. But with Ye it's a true obsession. It's some of ya'll dudes that supposedly "hate" Donda in here posting more than ppl who actually vibing with the album. Like you gotta announce from the rooftops that you don't like the album or some shyt. We see you :sas1:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Why do people care about reviews anyway? Because some people don’t fukk with Kanye, they’ll use these poor reviews to support their case. However, when an album like TPAB by Kendrick has the highest rating of all time, people hate on that and call it overrated (even though I personally thought it was a great album). I never cared about some white suburban person’s opinion of anything involving hip hop culture.

Watch what type of reviews Lil Nas X will receive when his album drops :sas2:

Reviews shift perception. Yeezus has universal acclaim and to me, that album is a hodge podge that lacks direction yet 9/10 online will say it's a classic.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I think Ye delivered a good album (Probably his best since MBDTF). However I do think if he tightened up more on the songs/sequencing and left off like 5-6 songs it would be in the upper echelon of Kanye’s best work.

College Dropout
Late Registration
Graduation
808s & Heartbreaks
MBDTF

Those are his best albums imo

It does sound like that a lot of effort was put into the music which I didn’t feel on his previous albums. There’s nothing downright terrible on here…There’s a few standout songs, while the rest of the album has either good to mid shyt.

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
I’m not saying u did. I’m saying the people u co-signing did. Look at the exchanges. nikkas is hurt and tryna shyt on people with a different opinion. People get literally nuts when it comes to Kanye and this is why I should’ve followed my own advice and stepped away from this thread to prevent exactly this but people kept quoting me when I was gone.
I respect your opinion, G.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
As for the negative reviews by the critics…It’s funny to me because those same publications are the same ones that were on Ye’s nuts and overpraised his albums like he was perfect. Now they’re switching up :mjlol::francis:

I ain’t caping for Marliyn Manson weird ass or anything (He was nothing more than a shock musician/troll during his heyday) but i don’t understand what that has to do with the album. You can attack Kanye for that without attacking the album.

Those publications either have an agenda or try to maintain they’re “coolness” it seems. Its clear Kanye has lost a lot of support from those same hipsters and those are the ones that control those publications. Kanye ain’t looked as being cool anymore.

They’re partially responsible for Kanye becoming the monster that he is today…with all that dikkriding and overpraise.