Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
The greatest rapper of all time said the nikka a genius, leave it alone unaccomplished coli hater breh

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Washington Post calls Donda Kanye’s worst album.

West once made great, era-defining music on that bluff. But now, after years of stylistic dithering and MAGA footsie, it’s clear that this guy has stumbled over the edge and drifted into a dead zone of aesthetic inertia. His new music contains only one unpopped kernel of cosmic truth: The void is boring.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...d5aee8-094b-11ec-9781-07796ffb56fe_story.html

I honestly feel like i’m in the twilight zone when it comes to Kanye’s music. Yeezus is the cut and clear WORST album in his discography. As overflowing and bloated as Donda is i’d take TEN of what we got with this than that bullshyt he pulled with Yeezus. Yet muthafukkas swear up and down that Yeezus is one of the best albums of the fukking century whilst Donda is a plague:mindblown:

Ellen Degeneres

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As for the negative reviews by the critics…It’s funny to me because those same publications are the same ones that were on Ye’s nuts and overpraised his albums like he was perfect. Now they’re switching up :mjlol::francis:

I ain’t caping for Marliyn Manson weird ass or anything (He was nothing more than a shock musician/troll during his heyday) but i don’t understand what that has to do with the album. You can attack Kanye for that without attacking the album.

Those publications either have an agenda or try to maintain they’re “coolness” it seems. Its clear Kanye has lost a lot of support from those same hipsters and those are the ones that control those publications. Kanye ain’t looked as being cool anymore.

They’re partially responsible for Kanye becoming the monster that he is today…with all that dikkriding and overpraise.

A lot of the critics have been bought out by big media corporations. At this point you can probably trace back the record labels and the media publications to the same owners.

Last edited:

Ellen Degeneres

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of these critics don't even have a problem with MAGA, they have a problem with Jesus and especially uplifting through religion. The album is shunning a lot of the c00nery the media needs to push to stay relevant. They must be pretty shook there's all kinds of high profile rappers, old and new, vibing with this theme. If the album was on some 666 Satan is Lord let's fornicate in a pile of shyt it would be hailed as great and creative.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I feel like Kanye stans call him a genius just because he calls himself a genius lol. And he only started calling himself a genius after the press started calling him a genius. Correct me if I'm wrong but he wasn't calling himself a genius around The College Dropout - he was just a dope ass artist letting his work speak for itself. This "Kanye is a genius" narrative is such an echo chamber lol. Why don't you hear this shyt with other artists? Even the greatest rappers to ever live, like Nas, Pac and Jay, I never hear this genius talk. I've heard they are legends, icons, released masterpieces, but only Kanye gets this genius reverence. Why is that?

I blame Jay for calling this dude a genius of The Black Album, shyt went to Ye's head and he never looked back. Although I get it, if Jay-Z called me a genius it would prolly go to my head too.

Maybe this is a convo for another time but the idea of the genius is kind of a myth anyway. Are there brilliant people out there capable of creating genius art, genius ideas, genius inventions, etc.? Yes, of course - we see it all around us. But for someone to be a full-stop genius, literally every thought they have would have to be a brilliant, revolutionary, world-changing idea, which is impossible. So if Kanye was a genius he isn't anymore because he hasn't really put out a completely brilliant album since MBDTF.

It's hilarious really, and really is an echo chamber. This album is a pain to listen to, it's like one long slow intro, the "beats" are mostly lazy, a bunch of lyrics are trash. Should've put all the good stuff together and it would've been a decent 10-track album/compilation.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You can’t quantify artistic/creative genius, so it will always come down to matter of opinion.

This definitely not his worst album or no shyt like that.

I’m not a fan of overproduced music.

This shyt sound like a soundtrack to a cult meeting.

Kanye still dope but dude just be all over the place.

I can’t really take dude serious. I’m not part of the cult of Kanye so I’m not impressed by none of that extra shyt. Just here for beats and rhymes.

I’ll never listen to the album again although I’m sure I’ll still hear songs from it

This nikka should have did a 30 minute posed cut with representatives from every gang in Chicago. You wanna be different and creative, do some shyt like that.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Washington Post calls Donda Kanye’s worst album.

West once made great, era-defining music on that bluff. But now, after years of stylistic dithering and MAGA footsie, it’s clear that this guy has stumbled over the edge and drifted into a dead zone of aesthetic inertia. His new music contains only one unpopped kernel of cosmic truth: The void is boring.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...d5aee8-094b-11ec-9781-07796ffb56fe_story.html

I honestly feel like i’m in the twilight zone when it comes to Kanye’s music. Yeezus is the cut and clear WORST album in his discography. As overflowing and bloated as Donda is i’d take TEN of what we got with this than that bullshyt he pulled with Yeezus. Yet muthafukkas swear up and down that Yeezus is one of the best albums of the fukking century whilst Donda is a plague:mindblown:

chrisrich2.png

:skip:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's alright. Half of the album is filler. Not touching Ye's classics but best album from him since Pablo.
The release date fukkery and only dropping the clean version is :shaq2:

You wanted cussing on a gospel themed album? When I heard Baby Keem curse during the first Atlanta session, I almost fell out of my seat.