Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
ye's work went from outward facing to inward facing

it's easy to accept the veneer of the pop.hop shyte

but the music that is the soundtrack to that inner.life will be naturally all over the place

he is standing in public as flawed as he is on the inside

where it is normal for humans to edit what we present to the world to make it pretty & presentable

from presenting his fantasy to presenting his reality

No doubt. I like that he's kept his same level of introspection up through all the years of fame, celebrity, tabloid drama, etc.

He's also very comfortable being a hypocrite (like all people are) and is fine to display that, along with his insecurities and imperfections.

That's one of my favorite things about Kanye

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
Album lacks in some parts but for the most part I enjoyed.

Better than his last releases for sure.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He knows how to get people talking and get attention on him, I'll give him that. But is getting all that attention through his marketing all positive though? Look at his TMZ appearance, was that genius marketing? Was all his Trump shyt genius marketing? No. No these were fukking trainwrecks for him. Linking up with Marilyn Manson seems to be another trainwreck that is gonna get him zero star reviews. For a person to be a genius, they gotta be a genius all the time IMO. We've seen Kanye do brilliant shyt for sure - but genius puts him on a pedestal above everybody else, like he's some kind of superhuman, and I'm sorry but I'm not seeing it.
You're moving goalposts now. If you pull up those TMZ threads and the slavery shyt, I was saying he was fukking up while that was happening. I chalked that up as him literally having a mental breakdown episode in front of us. Others were saying it was all and act, and I'm like... clearly this nikka is mentally ill.

And no, when it comes to art, genius isn't right or "genius" all the time. That's the most ridiculous claim I've ever heard of, especially when the term, "Ahead of it's time" exists.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yeah, it’s weird as hell. Just say you don’t like the album and keep it moving. No need for all the extra shyt. He’s a genius & the music/fashion industry will agree with that.
Look. I posted what I felt about the album, I responded to dude comparing Kanye to Elon Musk. I said that’s a horrible false equivalence. nikkas started quoting me calling me a hater and telling me s bunch of shyt Aint debatable and all kinda goofy shyt. I’m telling y’all y’all not consistent and u can’t force people to think this nikka is a genius. It ain’t about the music at this point. I had valid criticisms and even praised some of the songs in this thread. And look. Yall callin @TheDarceKnight, one of the least emotional and more levelheaded posters on this board emotional all cause he don’t agree with yall horrible takes. I’m not mad at all. Don’t let the texts caps fool u. I’m actually laughing over here because this shyt is retarded.