Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I’m a hater. fukk ALL the way outta here fam I know too much music to let somebody pull this bullshyt with me. Lol. If u think that mentally ill nikka is a genius than do u bruh.
Well at some point you have to look at it objectively....he has excelled in every field he's been apart of....producing, rapping, fashion..etc

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
ye's work went from outward facing to inward facing

it's easy to accept the veneer of the pop.hop shyte

but the music that is the soundtrack to that inner.life will be naturally all over the place

he is standing in public as flawed as he is on the inside

where it is normal for humans to edit what we present to the world to make it pretty & presentable

from presenting his fantasy to presenting his reality

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
I damn sure don’t. And ain’t no amount of explaining Yall can do to make me believe that bullshyt. Even if u do think he’s a genius. That comparison with Musk was terrible. Lol

You worked with Kanye, right?

Look at his career and then look at yours...

:yeshrug:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Look how weak your argument has got.

So, we agree...Kanye is a genius, right?
Yo why are you so damn antagonistic?

Of course he's a genius. I never said he wasn't. Literally never said that shyt.

The only thing I responded to you about is that I thought it was goofy to compare Kanye to 2 corporate elite white dudes that don't make music when you were trying to make a musical argument. That's all I said man.

I'm a Kanye fan so please miss me with the extra shyt.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Terrible comparison. Musk and Jobs weren't artists in an art form that puts a premium on your own personal expression and creativity. These guys provided products and services for people. They aren't musicians or artists. I mean, you can argue there's an art to what they do, but it's not the same thing.

This is also setting aside an entire debate about whether or not Musk and Jobs are geniuses to begin with.

False..you implied that Jobs or Musk arent Genius to leverage the points that you made to discredit the genius label Kanye gets

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Because kanye produces his own shyt with his own vision. That's the difference. He crafts his own sounds and produces his own shyt. Most rappers aren't doing that and when they do (cole, krit) it's not touching the quality of kanye shyt. That's the difference.

So Nas, Pac, Big, Jay, Kendrick, etc. aren't geniuses cuz they don't produce their own shyt? But Kanye got 7 diff songwriters on every song and is?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Kanye just sold out football arenas for a listening party.

Regardless of how you feel about the music, he is a marketing genius, and if you deny that, you're ignorant. Look at how much hype he generates around everything he touches, stemming from music to fashion.

Look at what Gap's stock price did after the Ye collaboration was announced. You nikkas be trying way too hard to sound out of touch as fukk
Marketing? Yes.

Reflective of actual talent? We’re seeing diminishing returns

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Yo why are you so damn antagonistic?

Of course he's a genius. I never said he wasn't. Literally never said that shyt.

The only thing I responded to you about is that I thought it was goofy to compare Kanye to 2 corporate elite white dudes that don't make music when you were trying to make a musical argument. That's all I said man.

I'm a Kanye fan so please miss me with the extra shyt.

Bro, youre the emotional one in here lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Well at some point you have to look at it objectively....he has excelled in every field he's been apart of....producing, rapping, fashion..etc
He excelled in rapper but got like 10 nikkas writing all his shyt. And even then his rhymes ain’t genius level shyt. It’s passable to decent. Ye never been that great at rapping so u can peace out wit that. As far as production. He DEF excels at that and his results are far better when he’s more hands on which proves THAT’s more his lane than anything else. All that fashion n all that extra curricular shyt hypebeast shyt don’t mean nothing to me. He’s no more genius than any other successful rapper/producer. Like I said y’all could believe he’s a genius all y’all want but y’all don’t give other people in his field that are just as successful and even better that same energy. And to say it’s not debatable is retarded. Lol. Y’all can drink the Kool Aid.