Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Anyone feel like 24 should’ve been the actual final song on the album? It only makes sense considering there are 24 songs on the album before the bonus tracks. If you switched that with No Child Left Behind, it wouldn’t have made a difference.

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
Jay can't flow anymore, whole verse was trash......I feel like Jay just phones a lot of his verses in now, and it shows. Artists just want him on their albums for name recognition, but thats' it.

Ye' woulda been much better off having some real spitters on the album......Nas, Jada, Pusha T, Mos Def or Talib Kweli...... I mean hell even get your old label mates Freeway or Beans on a track , that woulda been dope.

Instead we get a washed up Jay and that corny hipster rapper Da Baby.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'll be honest with you, I had no real interest in listening to the album but him dropping it on a Sunday made me go, why not ?

this does feel like his most focused album since Yeezus.
the sounds never veer all over the place like TLOP and despite its length its cohesive effort.

my god, Jay Electronica went crazy. its like he couldn't wait to get it out, that verse just spilled right out of him.

Jail
Off The Grid
Hurricane
Believe What I Say
Remote Control
Moon
Keep My Spirit Alive
Pure Souls
Ok Ok Pt. 2
Junya Pt. 2
Jesus Lord Pt. 2

24 and Off The Grid might be my favorites.

I listened to the album Trent Reznor produced for Halsey right after this and it made me think that if Kanye was ever to make a classic now, Trent would be that guy to work on it with him.

Trent Reznor apparently HATES Marilyn Manson and refuses to work with people who have worked with him so thats probably out.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
He stood on his late mother’s porch with Manson, sang with him, openly mocking those women who were brave enough to come forward. Critics often have to remind themselves to review the music, not to get caught up in the hyperbole or controversy surrounding the artist. But by involving Manson, West has made this impossible. Donda leaves a sour taste that no number of good beats, gospel choirs or church organs will cleanse. Zero stars.”

Marilyn Manson overshadows everything about Kanye West’s Donda – review

They BIG MAD about him fukking with Marilyn Manson. That was a dumb ass decision…

This is the first ZERO STAR review they’ve given in 5 years:damn:
I’m listening rn, and not loving despite being a big fan of Ye’s music even the recent stuff

But these outlets destroy any credibility like that :mjlol:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I'll be honest with you, I had no real interest in listening to the album but him dropping it on a Sunday made me go, why not ?

this does feel like his most focused album since Yeezus.
the sounds never veer all over the place like TLOP and despite its length its cohesive effort.

my god, Jay Electronica went crazy. its like he couldn't wait to get it out, that verse just spilled right out of him.

Jail
Off The Grid
Hurricane
Believe What I Say
Remote Control
Moon
Keep My Spirit Alive
Pure Souls
Ok Ok Pt. 2
Junya Pt. 2
Jesus Lord Pt. 2

24 and Off The Grid might be my favorites.

I listened to the album Trent Reznor produced for Halsey right after this and it made me think that if Kanye was ever to make a classic now, Trent would be that guy to work on it with him.
How you like Jonah with durk and vory?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Anyone feel like 24 should’ve been the actual final song on the album? It only makes sense considering there are 24 songs on the album before the bonus tracks. If you switched that with No Child Left Behind, it wouldn’t have made a difference.

Definitely. It sounds like a outro track for sure.