Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When it comes to Kanye thats kind of bullshyt.

Critics tripped all over themselves to anoint Yeezus some avant garde pop art masterpiece. He got the benefit of the doubt with Life Of Pablo (“Its a LIVING, BREATHING DLC ALBUM!!!”) and Ye, critics didn’t go super hard on.
I listened to Yeezus for the first time years after it came out and i really enjoyed it. Made me question why so many people didn't like it. But the sound was definitely different from the other stuff coming out at the time. It was definitely ahead of it's time. Reminds me of Aquemini which i didn't like when it first came out. It's definitely worth a revisit if you didn't like it at first. You might be surprised.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
breh are trying to force feed themselves this music searching for the "genius" in it.

all this spectacle and false reporting he doing to curb the news when Drake murks him

it's sad really... old ye would jump on a hot record and make it hotter. new ye would jump at the idea of a hot act on his record to keep him relevant. he hasn't been a musical leader or had "the vision" in many moons.

the spectacle isn't masking the fall off. when the music is good it can stand on it's own. this can't

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I listened to Yeezus for the first time years after it came out and i really enjoyed it. Made me question why so many people didn't like it. But the sound was definitely different from the other stuff coming out at the time. It was definitely ahead of it's time. :mjlol:Reminds me of Aquemini which i didn't like when it first came out.:comeon::comeon: It's definitely worth a revisit if you didn't like it at first. You might be surprised.
ahead of it's time when he was mimicking acts like death grips who were in their time...

calling himself the Louis Don while denouncing being a fashion slave, of course the hypocrisy was due to him having different writers with conflicting points of view not his words :unimpressed:

that album marked the beginning of the end, the fall of from him being a musical leader and the transition to a follower. Aquemini is a masterful captivating piece of fine art. There's no validity on the comparison at all :scust:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Yeezus was the last Kanye album I really enjoyed. The length makes this a daunting listen, hard to maintain interest for two hours.

It’s really not.

I thought the same thing but each song grabs and holds your attention.

This is an experience.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Praise God had me thinking Cole produced it. Reminds me alot of Trouble off Born Sinner :ahh:

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
When come to life and no child hit left behind came on back to back on the drive to work

james-brown.gif

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
breh are trying to force feed themselves this music searching for the "genius" in it.

all this spectacle and false reporting he doing to curb the news when Drake murks him

it's sad really... old ye would jump on a hot record and make it hotter. new ye would jump at the idea of a hot act on his record to keep him relevant. he hasn't been a musical leader or had "the vision" in many moons.

the spectacle isn't masking the fall off. when the music is good it can stand on it's own. this can't
what is drake going to talk bout that we havent heard akhi :comeon: