Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Ellen Degeneres

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That Westside Gunn verse was some Troy Ave shyt - terrible. There was no reason to remove the LOX and then censor them on the bonus track, the original Jesus Lord was monumental and he should have just kept that. The rest of the bonus joints are disposable. Other than that I like the final version more. Remote Control :ohlawd: He could have done some Frank Ocean Nights beat switch shyt with that song. As a whole package this is the best hip hop album in many years. This easily stands out over the copy-paste algorithm bait stuff most rappers are doing nowadays.

Ellen Degeneres

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I live the positivity on this album the most. To come from an album a little inspired to be a better person isn’t a bad thing. :yeshrug:

The themes on this are powerful and probably the strongest point of the album. Big upgrade over the good old exploration of "sex, wealth, violence and addiction". It was about time someone rose above.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Adrien Brody was supposed to be a lead in Terrence Malick’s war movie (Thin Red Line) and when he saw it at the premiere he had like one scene.:mjlol:

But in all fairness to that movie, a lot of actors in that movie who were huge names went through a similar experience. Sean Penn had one scene even

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So far i'm liking

remote control
off the grid
jesus lord (took a while to heat up but was fire)
believe what i say
no child left behind

haven't finished it yet but that whats resonated with me. It's not terrible so I expect it to blow up the charts.

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
Kanye is a very polarizing person. You either fuxk with him or you don’t. I can’t take the criticism too seriously because it’s always personal for y’all nikkas. If we talking music okay it ain’t for everyone. But when y’all start throwing shade at people who enjoy it that’s some lame shyt.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
Kanye is a very polarizing person. You either fuxk with him or you don’t. I can’t take the criticism too seriously because it’s always personal for y’all nikkas. If we talking music okay it ain’t for everyone. But when y’all start throwing shade at people who enjoy it that’s some lame shyt.

the problem is the people who likes it always take it other the top. We can all agree that it's not a exceptionnal piece of work, so people sayin "this is a masterpiece" "it's the best album of the last 10 years" "this is michael jackson level right here", that tend to bother us a hip hop listeners. If it was just people sayin I actually like the album and keep it at that, there would be no problem