Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Critical reviews are becoming glorified Twitter comments. Just as much about clout-chasing except it's 700-1000 words instead of 250 characters

yeah like this album way too long to form a real opinion that quick. I did my first listen in the gym and sonically it was hard, id need 1-2 more listens to really get the next layers lol. Thats 6 hrs of listening easy and folks had reviews in less than an hr of release.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
can't use this excuse for kanye when that's the same reason kanye is heralded for sh1t like the yeezus album and gets him praise like he's the hiphop hendrix or miles davis:mjlol:

the real reason the media is hating on this is because of Trump, Da Baby, etc. If Ye titled this We love Kamala they'd say this was his best album ever

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It’s not just the sequencing. Yea. He got nikkas to write him better verses on here but that don’t really mean much to me. This shyt is 27 fukking tracks and only half of them even make sense. It’s not just the sequencing. It’s the music too. There’s some dope shyt on here. But there’s some super trash on here too.
I mean, the length of it all is sorta related to the sequencing.

For example, DONDA Chant should have been something reserved for the live shows. The track DONDA would have kicked off the album much better. Then you have all the pt.2 records that were added. It's a mess. There's enough content tho, to easily craft a better curated project tho, that's my main point.

I can't listen to this straight through
:hubie:

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TOO MANY FEATURES ON THIS shyt.

YE FELL OFF WHEN
HE STOPPED USING SOUL SAMPLES.

STOP TRYING TO FIT IN
WITH THESE NEW nikkaS.
:devil:
:evil:

Too many songs. If he ends the album with 24 and cuts the rest, it’s probably one of his best albums

Just too much filler for me

Streetcar

All Star
Daps
Seeing critics rush to get their thoughts out to have the "hottest take" in the timeliest fashion is proving more and more why it's becoming a useless practice. If you don't like the album cool, but it's almost two hours long. You can't sit with your thoughts for a day or so and see how you feel after? You just have to rush it out to be "first" to get those clicks?
Music criticism died albums started trending on Twitter upon release. They’re financially incentivized to have the quickest, hottest take.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
thats the issue with the media, that black artist are held to checklist vs folks just accepting the art. If this was some Euro non black folks would be saying this is sonically amazing.

When it comes to Kanye thats kind of bullshyt.

Critics tripped all over themselves to anoint Yeezus some avant garde pop art masterpiece. He got the benefit of the doubt with Life Of Pablo (“Its a LIVING, BREATHING DLC ALBUM!!!”) and Ye, critics didn’t go super hard on.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
When it comes to Kanye thats kind of bullshyt.

Critics tripped all over themselves to anoint Yeezus some avant garde pop art masterpiece. He got the benefit of the doubt with Life Of Pablo (“Its a LIVING, BREATHING DLC ALBUM!!!”) and Ye, critics didn’t go super hard on.

My last post clarified why they really hating (I'm supporting Da Baby, Trump, etc), prior to that he was their darling.

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
Haven't listened to the album, but Jesus lord is amazing.. Lox and Jay elec? With a fire ass beat? Yes suh