Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Good performance makes ok music sound great so I think he did it on purpose.
This is true, however, Ye's actual verses are much better on here than they have been since YEEZUS and MBTDF.

His last 2 albums were forgettable for me, I did like TLOP because of the production and features. Ye had some awful bars on that album, but it was still fire.

My main complaint for DONDA is it's sequencing, not the actual music on it

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This is true, however, Ye's actual verses are much better on here than they have been since YEEZUS and MBTDF.

His last 2 albums were forgettable for me, I did like TLOP because of the production and features. Ye had some awful bars on that album, but it was still fire.

My main complaint for DONDA is it's sequencing, not the actual music on it
It’s not just the sequencing. Yea. He got nikkas to write him better verses on here but that don’t really mean much to me. This shyt is 27 fukking tracks and only half of them even make sense. It’s not just the sequencing. It’s the music too. There’s some dope shyt on here. But there’s some super trash on here too.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
thats the issue with the media, that black artist are held to checklist vs folks just accepting the art. If this was some Euro non black folks would be saying this is sonically amazing.

can't use this excuse for kanye when that's the same reason kanye is heralded for sh1t like the yeezus album and gets him praise like he's the hiphop hendrix or miles davis:mjlol:

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
You ironically described a bad album :laff:

Well damn u right :russ:

I mean ...there are reasons to dislike the album

Like did this nikka Ye really just say a black man would never give up his rib...

And theres also a lot of things to like about the album

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Refreshing. Im tired of all these stupid ass short ass songs. He letting the beat ride on most of these songs

Agreed, I don’t like the super short albums, they are over before they get good and I quickly move on.

I like this album, it sounds like he was trying to make something that is more for performing or like a soundtrack to something.

I think there are too many albums out today that is simple and not really trying anything new or innovative. Most new albums are boring to me because they are so simple. This album kept me interested.

I’m not surprised that the people that like the current trends in hip hop don’t like this album.

Daps
Man y’all can fukk outta here wit this shyt when everything this nikka put out over the course of the years been getting sucked off by the media regardless of quality. Now it’s “they don’t understand Ye” man fukk ALL the way outta here. This is disrespectful to the muthafukkas who been getting unfairly shytted on by the white media for years in favor of cats like Ye. Everybody a bunch of hypocrites talkin bout he crazy or cancelled n all kinda shyt just to run back and dikkride boy after one phone call. I don’t even fully blame Ye for this shyt because he gets away with it over and over because people have this false sense of “genius” from this nikka. The album is disjointed and has no sonic direction. If u wanna talk about sonics. The album doesn’t know what it wants to be. It’s doing to much in alotta spots. He doesn’t really hit on the theme of the album much at all and if he does it’s in a superficial way. All to feed his narcissism. People need to call this nikka out and reel him back in cause if he keeps getting all these passes for his bullshyt we may never see a legit classic album from this nikka ever again.

Barked on em like a soft drink :mjlol: