Kamala's Racial Identity Discussion

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
The thing that amazes me is how those of us in here who claim somebody isn’t doing something for Black people ignores your Republican lead efforts to kill any black focused initiatives While at the same time are willing to give a presidency to someone who could well appoint three Supreme Court Justices.
Thomas is 76, Alito is 74, Sotomayor is 70.
The balance of the Court could get even more conservative at 7-2.

You guys are “I have some dumb shyt to prove “idiots

NYC Rebel

Daps
According to @Professor Emeritus one of her great grand parents is Irish. That's 12.5 percent. Her mother is Indian. That's 50 percent. She's 62.5% non black at BEST. And that's ignoring the other multiracial people in her lineage.

You might be right that she is only 25%.
So what? Conservatives are killing black focus initiatives, handover fist, and this is your focus.

Geordi

All Star
Daps
I’m in agreement breh

All parties need to leave the “black” “blackness” thing alone. Democrat-Americans and Kamala herself Just need to focus on policies and the fact she would be better than trump

Kamala panders to fba/ados specific ,cultural references. It’s not just “blackness” something she’s not a part of, which is why she keeps fumbling the ball on them. Just leave it alone

A good portion of people questioning her “blackness” are really pointing towards fba/ados, it’s just an articulation issue. For many that equals black
She raised a record amount of money, rejuvenated the fanbase, has huge crowds at her events, got Republicans worried. Everything her people are doing so far is working very well. The fba/ados group are going to hate whatever she does because she is not "black" enough to them. Regular people think she is black or at least mixed.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
So what? Conservatives are killing black focus initiatives, handover fist, and this is your focus.
You wouldn't have this response if I said she was 50% black.

If your vote is going to be based on the candidates racial background then youre are an idiot. It should be based on policy. (Not saying you are. Agreeing with you that her policies should be the focus)

NYC Rebel

Daps
You wouldn't have this response if I said she was 50% black.

If your vote is going to be based on the candidates racial background
I have voted for white politicians for President for most of my life. Why will I suddenly make racial composition in issue? I just don’t get how people can see actual killers of black policies and then get into these if this person is blacking up debate as if, the killers of things trying to remedy our issues are no longer there.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
fixed and what you should be asking.

and calling the classification of the home in which your ancestors come from outdated while simultaneously agreeing to a white person's perspective, whom he himself would never call a biracial white (much like his ancestors), says something.

and there is a reason the rule applied in the first place. to make sure wealth remains within the group. perhaps if you're going to follow their ways, you follow it the right way.

My ancestors came from dead tribes and dead kingdoms. Those tribes and kingdoms do not exist anymore, and haven't existed for a few hundred years.

And what all this says is I follow my ancestors here in America. And if we followed the ways of white men we'd still be in chains.

:dead:

NYC Rebel

Daps
I’m in agreement breh

All parties need to leave the “black” “blackness” thing alone. Democrat-Americans and Kamala herself Just need to focus on policies and the fact she would be better than trump

Kamala panders to fba/ados specific ,cultural references. It’s not just “blackness” something she’s not a part of, which is why she keeps fumbling the ball on them. Just leave it alone

A good portion of people questioning her “blackness” are really pointing towards fba/ados, it’s just an articulation issue. For many that equals black
The pander stuff is weirdo shyt to me. She is from black, intellectual academic Oakland. There was no pretend for people like her parents who fought against colonialism and saw the fight against segregation as one and the same. When it comes down to it many of you need to get your historical Insights brushed up.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

As dumb as fixating on those percentages is, that wasn't even the original focus of the criticism. The poster I was talking to started off by claiming that Kamala's father was Indian, then slid the goalposts over to "but she's only 25-40% black genetically!" when his original critique got exposed, without even acknowledging he had been wrong.

They don't actually care that she's black, or how black she is, or where her parents were from. If she checked all the boxes they would just attack her for something else. Remember when those posters sided with Trump over Elijah Cummings back when Trump was being straight racist about Baltimore? Cummings was Black, ADOS, the son of sharecroppers, grew up in Baltimore, married to a Black woman, intelligent, distinguished, accomplished.....they didn't care. All they cared about was that Trump was telling them to attack and so they attacked. They follow his narrative like clockwork especially when it's anti-Black.

Hakeem Jeffries is Black, two Black parents, grew up in Crown Heights, married to a Black woman, smart, accomplished, and is now the most powerful Democrat in the House....and they NEVER talk about him. If they did, it would be negative and they wouldn't care about any of the issues they pretend to care about in Kamala's case.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
The pander stuff is weirdo shyt to me. She is from black, intellectual academic Oakland. There was no pretend for people like her parents who fought against colonialism and saw the fight against segregation as one and the same. When it comes down to it many of you need to get your historical Insights brushed up.
I’m not sure who this is directed at me or her

She was referencing cultural components that don’t apply to her. Regardless of what her Jamaican and Indian parents did

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
She raised a record amount of money, rejuvenated the fanbase, has huge crowds at her events, got Republicans worried. Everything her people are doing so far is working very well. The fba/ados group are going to hate whatever she does because she is not "black" enough to them. Regular people think she is black or at least mixed.
It’s not about being “black enough”

She’s non fba/ ados regardless. Yet she panders using ados specific cultural reference points. It’s fake as hell. Only dodo bird negroes tolerate that type of shyt

Make yourself relevant by using policy

Tair

Superstar
Daps
what tribe is that?

Don't know, it was hundreds of years ago. But ADOS are a combination of many old tribes, and groups of people on different continents, not just one.

To the EDIT: there is no such thing as "biracial," if they are ADOS, they are Black. And ADOS thinking is better than the inane thought processes that end up creating 20 different buffer classes based on minute differences only to be living in shanty towns and thinking some random Nigerian is taking a job away.

That type of mental slavery is an abomination.

:francis:

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

Daps
I’m not sure who this is directed at me or her

She was referencing cultural components that don’t apply to her. Regardless of what her Jamaican and Indian parents did

But cultural components, do apply to her. The time her father and MOM came to this country, especially to a city like Oakland, there was a cultural black movement around anti-colonial and anti-segregation movements. If you came from my island or a country under British colonial rule, the black movement in the United States was the biggest appeal to you in the fight against it.

I posted what I posted earlier from Amos Wilson. You guys clearly don’t understand this in here.