Kamala's Racial Identity Discussion

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
That older thread when people were legit confused on what a "Coolie" was because majority of people on the Coli are not from the Northeast United states told me all I needed to know on how clueless alot of the "Kamala is Black" defenders are :dead::dead: :dead:

That was both sad and hilarious to witness
We know what a Coolie is. We just know the racial dynamics in America have never been stringent on mixed races ppl who phenotypcally present as “black” from self identifying as black. Kamala wasn’t raised in Brooklyn in a social incubator of indo-Caribbean ppl groups. She lived in The Bay Area in Cali and in white parts in Canada and back to the bay living in Oakland. If you’re partially black and have that lived experience…..Then I don’t know what the rules are anymore. Ppl pick and choose. :manny:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Oh and the video also mention Kamala Harris is on record saying if she ran for President she'd make the truancy laws a national policy. Somebody might want to ask if she still intends to push for this.

Why lie? Kamala said all the way back in 2019 that she didn't like how some D.A.'s abused the law and would never push for it nationally.

The lady in the video was convicted with a crime, and now has to let prospective employers know she was convicted of a crime. She's also had a harder time with her employment due to having a record.

Lying again. She was NEVER convicted of a crime, the charges were dismissed on August 12, 2015 without a trial ever taking place. She does NOT have to let prospective employers know she was convicted of a crime, because she never was. She complained at one point in the video that she has an ARREST on her record, not a conviction, and that she WORRIES it would impact her employment.

The lady in the video went to jail.

Lying again. She was arrested and booked under the orders of a conservative Republican D.A. in Orange County. She was never convicted and didn't spend any time in jail.

All this is explained in the video you clearly didn't watch but ran in here to defend Kamala's Brahmin Indian truancy laws.:russell:

Kamala Harris was just a D.A. in San Francisco when the California State Legislature passed the law with bipartisan support, and it was signed by a moderate Republican governor. She supported the law like many other D.A.'s did, but she didn't pass it or sign it.

In San Francisco, where she actually had jurisdiction, her "War on Truancy" lowered truancy rates by 32% without a single parent ever spending a single day in jail.

When are you going to explain how the fukk anti-truancy laws are "Brahmin Indian" when actual India doesn't enforce any anti-truancy laws and has the highest # of out-of-school minors in the entire world?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
We know what a Coolie is. We just know the racial dynamics in America have never been stringent on mixed races ppl who phenotypcally present as “black” from self identifying as black. Kamala wasn’t raised in Brooklyn in a social incubator of indo-Caribbean ppl groups. She lived in The Bay Area in Cali and in white parts in Canada and back to the bay living in Oakland. If you’re partially black and have that lived experience…..Then I don’t know what the rules are anymore. Ppl pick and choose. :manny:

Mostly agree, but FYI the high school that Kamala went to in Canada was 40% black and her closest friends were Black.

Her neighborhood in Berkeley was Black too, though she attended a majority-white school as part of an early bussing program.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Here is another thing folks like @CHICAGO and other not REALLY knowing Black history, who view Tariq as some sort of source and question Kamala’s blackness is their clear lack of understanding of what the climate was between African-Americans and foreign Blacks back in the 60s and 70s.

there was a CLEAR understanding between African-Americans and foreign blacks that fighting colonialism and segregation were one and the same. Mind you…it was the African American collective in particular who understood that the principals to both the American desegregation and anti colonialist movements were tied and bound to each other and were viewed as one and the same. At least in activist New York, Chicago, Detroit, Oakland and other major Black cities. You literally had J Edgar Hoover enacting COUNTELPRO on Black owned bookstores throughout Black cities in United States during the 70s on the premise of “locate and identify black extremist and/or African-type bookstores in its territory and open separate discreet investigations on each to determine if it is extremist in nature.”

The Late Amos Wilson said it best when he said
“ The moving of blacks into executive offices Is an effort to maintain (euro/yt) power and too obscure that power behind a form of neo colonialism . I don’t think it’s an accident that the desegregation movement And the assimilationist movement in America paralleled The neo-colonist movement in Africa.”

That was understood by people like my dad, an African activist immigrant (British colonial rule). That was understood by people like Kamala's father, a black Jamaican (British colonial rule). That was also understood by some Indians like Kamala‘s mother (British colonial rule). Understood by Trinidadian (My dad's other homie) Tony Martin (British colonial rule). Understood by great scholar John Henrik Clark from South Carolina (American Jim Crow).

Sorry to tell you, you’re not going to hear that from:

• buffoons like Tariq
  • Most Caribbean immigrants
  • Most African immigrants
  • Most Black Americans

What this site, Twitter, and my interactions with most Black folk makes painfully clear is that many of you never cared enough about Black people and our history to understand this to the point that someone like Kamala‘s father............seems awkward to you. :manny:

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

Daps
You're calling a UCLA political science graduate with a Loyola law degree uneducated. :dead:
That doesn’t mean shyt. Most Black people come degree or not, don’t do the work to study Black people, intricately, and our movements.

All of that education and I have yet to hear you bring up a single black trained scholar in any of your arguments. Not one time. So Idon’t give a fukk how many degrees you have, you’re not in it

Last edited:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Here is another thing folks like @CHICAGO and other not REALLY knowing Black history, who view Tariq as some sort of source and question Kamala’s blackness is their clear lack of understanding of what the climate was between African-Americans and foreign Blacks back in the 60s and 70s.

there was a CLEAR understanding between African-Americans and foreign blacks that fighting colonialism and segregation were one and the same. Mind you…it was the African American collective in particular who understood that the principals to both the American desegregation and anti colonialist movements were tied and bound to each other and were viewed as one and the same. At least in activist New York, Chicago, Detroit, Oakland and other major Black cities. You literally had J Edgar Hoover enacting COUNTELPRO on Black owned bookstores throughout Black cities in United States during the 70s on the premise of “locate and identify black extremist and/or African-type bookstores in its territory and open separate discreet investigations on each to determine if it is extremist in nature.”

The Late Amos Wilson said it best when he said

That was understood by people like my dad, an African activist immigrant. That was understood by people like Kamala father, a black Jamaican. That was also understood by some Indians like Kamala‘s mother. Understood by Trinidadian (My dad's other homie) Tony Martin. Understood by John Henrik Clark.

Sorry to tell you, you’re not going to hear that from:

• buffoons like Tariq
  • Most Caribbean immigrants
  • Most African immigrants
  • Most Black Americans

What this site, Twitter, and my interactions with most Black folk makes painfully clear is that many of you never cared enough about Black people and our history to understand this to the point that someone like Kamala‘s father............seems awkward to you. :manny:

People were serious back then and more dedicated to solving the problem.

These cats today live soft lives and can't even be bothered to read an article on Negro history in America, let alone a book. Their greatest issue is losing weight from stuffing their faces with a bunch of overly processed foods, and the extent of their "Blackness" is being faux revolutionaries online trying to regulate who is and is not Black.

:dead:

NYC Rebel

Daps
People were serious back then and more dedicated to solving the problem.

These cats today live soft lives and can't even be bothered to read an article on Negro history in America, let alone a book. Their greatest issue is losing weight from stuffing their faces with a bunch of overly processed foods, and the extent of their "Blackness" is being faux revolutionaries online trying to regulate who is and is not Black.

It's depressing.

You got so called laywered up types thinking their degrees mean shyt. My ex is running for a judgeship with her law degree from Columbia. You think she knew more about Black history and dynamics than me? :childplease:

fukk outta here. That don't mean shyt.

At the end of the day, most of these fools in here don't give two fukks about Black folks to care.

NYC Rebel

Daps
why does every election put me in a moral dillema? why do our candidates always suck?
This is one of the easiest elections to choose from......if you read policy.

Tell me the Kamala policies that morally has you questioning things to the degree of the shyt you see in Project 2025 and Trump's team?

I'm interested in hearing it.

Last edited:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
It's depressing.

You got so called laywered up types thinking their degrees mean shyt. My ex is running for a judgeship with her law degree from Columbia. You think she knew more about Black history and dynamics than me? :childplease:

fukk outta here. That don't mean shyt.

At the end of the day, most of these fools in here don't give two fukks about Black folks to care.

To care about other Black folk means you have to be serious about dealing with white supremacy. These folk don't got the heart, dedication, forethought, or discipline to deal with white supremacy.
That is why they focus on these tangential, nonsensical issues that mean absolutely nothing. Kamala's Blackness is entirely irrelevant.

Trump appointed judges blocking EPA from enforcing environmental protections on these states causing cancer in Black communities, and these chuckleheads got more "fight" arguing against Kamala's Blackness.

A federal judge on Tuesday night blocked the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) from enforcing Title VI of the Civil Rights Act’s disparate-impact requirements against Louisiana agencies.

Judge James D. Cain, a Trump appointee, ruled against residents of a stretch of parishes along the Mississippi River known as “Cancer Alley,” an epicenter of petrochemical manufacturing in the U.S. with disproportionately high rates of cancer.

Btw:

Cancer Alley had, and continues to have a disproportionate number of black citizens compared to the rest of the nation (forty percent of the population living in the Alley are black, compared to twelve percent nationwide), which, considering its original dubbing of “Plantation Country”, is unsurprising.

Last edited:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Was anything in this video wrong? And just because someone is your preacher, that doesn't mean you agree or disagree with everything they say or do.

:patrice: who are you ?
I didnt watch the video. I responded to the post that said “they tried to tie Obama to Jeremiah wright” Idk how that makes sense if that was Obama’s pastor.

just because someone is your preacher, that doesn't mean you agree or disagree with everything they say or do.
Isn’t that something you should tell Obama? Didn’t he throw Jeremiah weight under the bus the first chance he got? He just used a black church to gain credibility with the black community.

“At a news conference here, Mr. Obama denounced remarks Mr. Wright made in a series of televised appearances over the last several days. In the appearances, Mr. Wright has suggested that the United States was attacked because it engaged in terrorism on other people and that the government was capable of having used the AIDS virus to commit genocide against minorities. His remarks also cast Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam, in a positive light.”

Sounds like the truth to me. What’s wrong with Farrakhan?:mjpls:

:patrice: who are you ?
The poster you responded to? :skip:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Who said anything about project 2025?
YOU didn't. YOU didn't when trying to clown someone for saying

"All I know is Kamala Harris is not Project 2025."

So imagine you reading Project 2025 and still finding it in yourself to clown someone for saying "All I know is Kamala Harris is not Project 2025" because you are ok with what's in it?

That's me imagining you reading...... and nothing about anything you've posted in here shows you are read.