Kamala Harris unveils economic plan

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
The housing one is important but difficult.

More construction keeps housing prices more competitive because it increases supply. But a lot of people oppose it because of NIMBYism and their own greed about their property values.

This is something that people will need to get over. I hope Kamala...or any politician at any level, can find an effective way to explain this to the public.
Not only that, but the people who are largely in control of the home supply have no incentive to fix the issues because it goes directly against their own economic interests. Why build more houses when they can price gauge everyone and create demand by ensuring there is a short supply of them. :francis:

It gets even more bleak when you realize these investors buying these homes are in the pockets of these politicians which also make it less of an incentive for them to fix housing

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
FDR dems showed that its possible to put a chokehold on the majority seats by actually delivering strong policies.
FDR was compromising with segregationists and conservative Democrats. Is that what you want the Dem president to do?

And that was decades ago politics is not the same anymore

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Building more housing is the best way to lower prices so I love that idea. My only issue is that if you offer the 25k to people before increasing supply, you effectively just raise the market price of houses by 25k.

I also need to hear more about costs. Grocery costs have not gone up as much as people claim, and the increases we have seen are largely a product of workers being paid more. Same thing is happening with fast food but those costs are going up more. You can't convince me that prices are going to magically go back to early 2020 pre-covid levels because stores will be shook and stop "gouging."
This

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Not only that, but the people who are largely in control of the home supply have no incentive to fix the issues because it goes directly against their own economic interests. Why build more houses when they can price gauge everyone and create demand by ensuring there is a short supply of them. :francis:

It gets even more bleak when you realize these investors buying these homes are in the pockets of these politicians which also make it less of an incentive for them to fix housing
Her plan is great for me as my home value goes up 25k right from jump

• Haha
Reactions: ISO

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
tenor.gif

First Female President of United States of America y'all

:wow:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
So you agree with black folks getting economically pushed down in favor of illegal Hispanics.... Yes or no...:ld:

Bruh, track the conversation. You're asking for a candidate who's messaging is based on pushing back on illegal immigration. I'm telling you that there's a candidate already out there for you. Just vote for trump if that's the thing you care about that most.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Bruh, track the conversation. You're asking for a candidate who's messaging is based on pushing back on illegal immigration. I'm telling you that there's a candidate already out there for you. Just vote for trump if that's the thing you care about that most.

but why can't YOU answer a simple yes or no question? why is that so hard to do???:what:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FDR was compromising with segregationists and conservative Democrats. Is that what you want the Dem president to do?

And that was decades ago politics is not the same anymore
That was in an era where you didn't have a side that was just reactionary to whatever the other side did. But even with that there was still hold ups. FDR and Truman wanted universal healthcare but clearly that never happened.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
but why can't YOU answer a simple yes or no question? why is that so hard to do???:what:

I already answered it. No.

Also, black unemployment is at a record low. I'd like to see your argument why illegal immigration is destroying black people's access to low paying jobs (which is something we should strive above in the first place). Do you want to see more black people picking berries?

Last edited: