Kamala Harris Presidential Campaign (Official Thread)

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
these dudes really want girlfriends and wives and not leaders. Its sick.

I don't understand. The coli is such a confusing place :heh:

How you hate Trump but also hate the people who oppose him too when y'all literally on the same side? Lol. Imagine the Joker running around killing everybody and you can shine the Bat signal in the sky for help, but you like "fukk Batman :rudy:" when he's literally the only one that can take him down :mindblown:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
she's not literally perfect, you might as well vote for trump :troll:
You can make this argument after the primary.

The purpose of the primary race up until they are finished is to get as close as perfect to your choice as possible. So, you got to tolerate strict vetting in the mean time.

I'm probably not voting Kamala in the primary. If she won the primary, she will get my vote.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
You can make this argument after the primary.

The purpose of the primary race up until they are finished is to get as close as perfect to your choice as possible. So, you got to tolerate strict vetting in the mean time.

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand. The coli is such a confusing place :heh:

How you hate Trump but also hate the people who oppose him too when y'all literally on the same side? Lol. Imagine the Joker running around killing everybody and you can shine the Bat signal in the sky for help, but you like "fukk Batman :rudy:" when he's literally the only one that can take him down :mindblown:
It’s more like “fukk Harvey Dent/Two Face”

:mjlol:

Vote for TwoFace brehs

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
If yall want perfect politicians, yall should run.

Cause Bernie damn near doesn't know how to EVER talk to black people so yall gotta pick.
Its unfair that Kamala will get more black support than Bernie simply because of the color of her skin and party of choice
I mean to me the fact that she has a white spouse and is still touted highly while something like that would have destroyed Obama is crazy

Either way I'd say Sanders, Gabbard, or Warren are looking like the top progressive picks

All the rest of the candidates need to do some serious catch up and boot kissing

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Candidates flip flop all the time. Obama did it, Clinton, Trump, Bush, everyone does it to get on board. But I'm looking at her as a person, and at the very least she has empathy and sympathizes with the bullshyt and struggle the average American has to face. I'm not expecting her to cure world hunger, put thousands of dollars in my bank account and give us all reparations like some weirdos in this thread. But at the very least fix a lot of the mess Republicans created.
I'm voting Democrat no matter what...unless there is a major reason not to, when the other option is Trump. But at this point, until a Democrat candidate is chosen, I'm being picky.

No doubt all politicians "flip-flop" but I guess the what I'm saying is a bit hard to articulate. A transformative policy like Medicare for all and/or universal healthcare is much more in-depth and complicated than maybe changing your ideas on gay marriage or abortion. The latter two are maybe moral questions that an individual grapples with and can internally determine whether to fall on one side of the issue or other. However, when you talk about universal healthcare, you're not only talking about the idea of healthcare for all just in itself, but you also grappling with entrenched interests in society and the way things are fundamentally handled by a government. You have billion dollar industries that have millions, if not billion of dollars, constantly fighting any effort to change healthcare policy towards a more European-style system through lobbying efforts, advocacy groups, and various propaganda apparatuses to put pressure on you to not follow through. Depending on how far you want to go on the issue, there is a legit chance you may need to put some insurance companies out of business for the greater good. You have to think about whether you need to increase taxes, and on who, and also maybe who you need to cut money from(I think its easy, cut the fukking military). All this will draw the large ire of different interests groups. Think back to the town halls and all the shyt leading up to the ACA for two years.

Most politicians who have had a career of vehemently fighting for an issue and have generally maintained consistency on that issue, have thought of all the cons and pros and most of the answers to the cons or arguments against their ideas.

Kamala jumped on the Medicare for all boat, once she saw the polling and that it was politically popular. Not because she did everything above. I don't trust her to maintain resolve on the issue once in office. Obama even if he flip-flopped on a few issues, his administrations approach to the ACA, despite its many faults which is more the fault of the political dynamics in the congress, was very well thought out and thorough and they held firm on pursuing their goal in the midst of all the shyt flinging. Someone who only holds a stance because its politically popular at the time in my opinion won't be able to do that.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I hated that. nikka you were raised in Hawaii-- raised by your white mother. Pookie and RayRay? :comeon:
Him talking down to that Morehouse graduation class is the day I really started looking at him funny style. That and the obvious pandering to black folks and singing Al Green and shyt but doing nothing of substantial significance to alter black folks circumstances in an upward way. Would still get my vote in this climate we’re presently in tho :manny:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Kamala Harris getting exposed

Her Dad is a Jamaican mulatto who descents from slave owners;

My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me).

:mjpls:

Her mom, Indian, raised her in Canada her entire childhood.

Glad some of us ain't falling for this.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Bank friendly...like Obama.

Kamala Harris Fails to Explain Why She Didn’t Prosecute Steven Mnuchin’s Bank

KAMALA HARRIS FAILS TO EXPLAIN WHY SHE DIDN’T PROSECUTE STEVEN MNUCHIN’S BANK

“We went and we followed the facts and the evidence, and it’s a decision my office made,” Harris said. “We pursued it just like any other case. We go and we take a case wherever the facts lead us.”

In an internal memopublished on Tuesday by The Intercept, prosecutors at the California attorney general’s office said they had found over a thousand violations of foreclosure laws by his bank during that time, and predicted that further investigation would uncover many thousands more.

But the investigation into what the memo called “widespread misconduct” was closed after Harris’s office declined to file a civil enforcement action against the bank.

:dead: "She has my vote"