• Whoa

Votes: 138 41.7%

• Total voters

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black Rob was nice.

Nice is a strong word,more like adequate imo.....he didnt ruin beats but as a emcee he is pretty boring and bland even for his time....juve might have been off beat but he is the better rapper of the two.

Everybody on the Whoa remix bodied em:mjlol:...and where was you when Whoa got that crazy reaction?cuz if Whoa got played today i feel like majority of the nation would give the :dahell: as a dj....its not a California Love where you can play it in a club among current tracks and it gets love,its not a timeless classic....its closer to Smilez and Southstar "Whats Goin on" than a California Love or Aint No Fun etc.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That beat to "Hate Me Now" is TRASH...it got play 'cause it was Nas.
If anybody else tried to rap to that chit, their record woulda got frisbee'd.

I fucc wit' Buckwild, but that "Whoa" beat is not one of his best.
I love Life Story, but I skip "Whoa" because i've heard it enough to last my whole life.
It held it down for it's moment, but that moment is over.
Fam. Do u understand that Nas didn't even choose Hate Me Now as a single? The song got picked by DJ's and the people demanded it. And I could list a bunch of songs that wouldn't be shyt if said rapper didn't hop on it. U should see what happens when he performs that shyt. Never ever heard nobody hate on it until I got on the internet. I thought the shyt was universally loved. Only thing I didn't like was that they switched the sample on the single versions and later album versions. I don't know if it's a sample clearance issue but the version that's out there on the album now ain't the original version of the song. The breakdown in the beat on the hook is different. The intro is different. And it sounds way better the original way.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Nice is a strong word,more like adequate imo.....he didnt ruin beats but as a emcee he is pretty boring and bland even for his time....juve might have been off beat but he is the better rapper of the two.

Everybody on the Whoa remix bodied em:mjlol:...and where was you when Whoa got that crazy reaction?cuz if Whoa got played today i feel like majority of the nation would give the :dahell: as a dj....its not a California Love where you can play it in a club among current tracks and it gets love,its not a timeless classic....its closer to Smilez and Southstar "Whats Goin on" than a California Love or Aint No Fun etc.
U really tryna compare Whoa to Smilez and Southstar bro? Come on fam. Lol

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Fam. Do u understand that Nas didn't even choose Hate Me Now as a single? The song got picked by DJ's and the people demanded it. And I could list a bunch of songs that wouldn't be shyt if said rapper didn't hop on it. U should see what happens when he performs that shyt. Never ever heard nobody hate on it until I got on the internet. I thought the shyt was universally loved. Only thing I didn't like was that they switched the sample on the single versions and later album versions. I don't know if it's a sample clearance issue but the version that's out there on the album now ain't the original version of the song. The breakdown in the beat on the hook is different. The intro is different. And it sounds way better the original way.

Bruh you bringin' up all this extra chit...all I said was that beat is trash. And it is.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Bruh you bringin' up all this extra chit...all I said was that beat is trash. And it is.
What I'm saying is the beat ain't trash. If it was. nikkas wouldn't get hype off it till this day. shyt is cinematic as fukk. If it's not ur cup of tea. That's one thing. But to say it's trash tho? I mean. Fam I know u gotta understand. U one of the few people who like Nas Is Coming and the beat. While most people call it trash.

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I love Ha but the way Whoa comes in and just keeps hitting you from start to finish really can't be fukked with. This was a touch choice tho. The two songs share a lot in common almost like 1st cousins

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
There may not have been a "Whoa" if it wasn't for "Ha".

IMO 'Whoa' is the worst beat Buckwild has ever made. At least off the top of my head. Horrific, monotobous keyboard string loop over and over.

And Whoa was a direct bite of Ha's aesthetic. The bite can't beat the original.

Reps pending

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ha way better to me, surprised so many folks picking whoa :yeshrug::yeshrug: