Votes: 193 58.3%
  • Whoa

Votes: 138 41.7%

• Total voters

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. I fukk wit Ha but nikkas in here tryna shyt on Whoa buggin. Real life reaction to Whoa when it drop's >>>

Must depend on where you was,cuz that shyt didnt have that kindve impact....and it aint on the level now where if you play that shyt people go crazy cuz its not a timeless classic like Ha is.....that was a very of the moment ass single....you gotta compare Ha to a song like "Grinding" and even then Ha wins.....if you wanna keep it Badboy you gotta compare Ha to a song like "Bad Boyz" that got that kindve love....but "Whoa" this thread is a laughing stock and definitley some twighlight zone shyt...nikkas would laugh u out the building for this shyt.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
I'll never forget being in high school and Me and my Boy heard "Ha" and was like "What the hell is this, his flow is all over the place", lol. Then the song blew crazy and I'll admit I was wrong. It's kind of like a Timbaland thing with Missy and Aaliyah. Only certain rappers understood Manny's style of production and Juvi did. Then me and the same friend was floored when Jay Z actually hopped on the remix esstentially co-signing the song. I agree that Hov was even a little off on that beat too with the remix though he still dropped a good verse. Also the hook for "Ha" is dope. With that said, "Whoa" is just WHOA. The beat go so damn hard body. I do think Black Rob piggy backed of Juvi for the concept clearly because "Ha" did blow first.

I guess it was New York's "Ha", lol. Chart Wise they performed about the same but "Whoa" Did better. Ha hit #68 on Hot 100 and Top 15 Hip Hop/RnB. "Whoa" peaked at #43 and Top 10 on the Hip Hop/ RnB charts. Though I will give "Ha" it's props I did have to warm up to the song. "Whoa" was an instant thing and just bangs to me so it got my vote overall. "Ha" helped to put Cash Money on the map and make them a Legendary Label so historically yes it has more significance than "Whoa". But "Whoa" had it's own significance of being one of the singles that stablized Bad Boy after Big's Death with Shyne's "Bad Boy" and the RnB albums.

Whoa blew everyone away.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Must depend on where you was,cuz that shyt didnt have that kindve impact....and it aint on the level now where if you play that shyt people go crazy cuz its not a timeless classic like Ha is.....that was a very of the moment ass single....you gotta compare Ha to a song like "Grinding" and even then Ha wins.....if you wanna keep it Badboy you gotta compare Ha to a song like "Bad Boyz" that got that kindve love....but "Whoa" this thread is a laughing stock and definitley some twighlight zone shyt...nikkas would laugh u out the building for this shyt.
I was a DJ bro. I saw the reaction first hand. Even a recent gig I did about a year back I threw that shyt on and nikkas start buggin. Ha was dope but I guess it's where u from cause I admittedly had the same reaction @Rapmastermind had when he heard it. Juve is that nikka but his flow was all over the place and it was confusing as fukk to me the hype around that song when it dropped. It did grow on me and I ended up loving it tho.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Yeah. Me and everyone in the vicinity who heard it when it came out. U actin like me liking Hate Me Now is some type of diss. Lol. Ur in the minority fam. Nas didn't even choose that song as a single. The people and DJ's did. He had no choice. The demand was high. But everyone got their opinions.

That beat to "Hate Me Now" is TRASH...it got play 'cause it was Nas.
If anybody else tried to rap to that chit, their record woulda got frisbee'd.

I fucc wit' Buckwild, but that "Whoa" beat is not one of his best.
I love Life Story, but I skip "Whoa" because i've heard it enough to last my whole life.
It held it down for it's moment, but that moment is over.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
"Ha" was unique.

"Whoa" was bitten off of "Ha".

I know we think of people using other people's ideas as 'natural' in 2016 but once upon a time it was considered 'wack'.

Yeah.

"Whoa" is in the same class as Trick Daddy "Boy", and the second verse of Project Pat "Ballers".

...and then Bad Boy tried to do it again a few years after that with "That's Crazy".