Justice League officially flops. Only $94m opening week... Less than Iron Man 1 (2008) and GoTG

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I’ll be waiting for the cyborg stand alone

That Cyborg stimulus package pushed them over the top :whew:
tenor.gif
rhoa-phaedra-donkey-booty-strut.gif

Y’all dont care about the Flash, but I’m rooting for him too!

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Beyond this being a massive failure for WB, it makes it clearer why Fox may be interested in cashing out of the movie business.

Even with the huge grosses these blockbuster movies make, the net profits aren’t very large because of the amount of spending they have to do just to be in the game. And the growing global box office isn’t helping them since they get such small cuts of the profits.

The movie investment game seems way more volatile from fiscal year to fiscal year, especially when it concerns keeping up with trends and fan interests involving muscle men in spandex suits fighting aliens and monsters. When that is the tentpole/flagship/foundation of your entire movie business and failure hinders everything else you want to do with your mid and low budget film investments then I can see a studio just saying fukk it, let the mouse have it:hubie:

The cable news game seems much cleaner from a business perspective. Even broadcasting sports in the changing climate for sports consumption seems like a better investment overall than blockbuster movies.

AceAge

Pro
Daps
This movie was not good at all, it just felt cheaply made and poorly written , steppenwolf was so badly CGI'd he might as well had been a TV series villain, it didn't feel blockbuster movie quality at all. The writing and pacing may have been the worst ever. They overdid trying to make Gotham look like Sin City, which took away from the authentic feel if the movie.

The Flash running looked like he had a disability, and he couldn't even run very well, and he was always tripping over everything?
Aquaman may as well have not even been in the movie, he didn't do anything important. There was a leak in a hole in the sewer and he couldn't even stop that? That was weak. Even when super man came back it just felt cheap and phony. Gal gadot and Bruce Wayne's benz were the best part of the film.

Last edited:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
DC never even stood a chance in the movie race. They relied way to heavy on their Batman films. They should have tried their best to keep Christian Bales and incorporate the Dark Knight universe into the DC cinema universe. At least they could have made big bucks there.

But none of this matters because its over for them. DC characters just don't translate well on the big screen. Animated movies and TV shows? Sure. Big blockbuster live action films? Forget about it.

:comeon::comeon::comeon:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
I mean the trailers for this movie suck really bad
Like seeing them makes me not want to bother with the shyt
I’ll be waiting for the cyborg stand alone
I agree with this

I have no idea what the movie is about other than Aquaman jumping across the sky

and the Flash saying funny sh*t here and there... didn't even know if Superman was in the damn thing

on top of that people are saying it's pretty meh overall.. which is exactly the feeling I got watching the trailers

I just can't understand how they fukked this up and why on Earth they felt the need to rush this out now

all that being said...

I still think the movie has legs due to a holiday weekend coming up so it will continue to add to the total over the next month

I'll probably see it eventually.. whether that's in the movies or blu-ray/dvd, Kodi or whatever who knows but I'm not really motivated to go

and if I miss it.. I don't really care

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I agree with this

I have no idea what the movie is about other than Aquaman jumping across the sky

and the Flash saying funny sh*t here and there... didn't even know if Superman was in the damn thing

on top of that people are saying it's pretty meh overall.. which is exactly the feeling I got watching the trailers

I just can't understand how they fukked this up and why on Earth they felt the need to rush this out now

all that being said...

I still think the movie has legs due to a holiday weekend coming up so it will continue to add to the total over the next month

I'll probably see it eventually.. whether that's in the movies or blu-ray/dvd, Kodi or whatever who knows but I'm not really motivated to go

and if I miss it.. I don't really care

Exactly. You KNOW the plot of Infinity Wars and what the collective motivation of Thanos is. This shyt just had all these DC characters just jumping around randomly with shyt exploding.

nikkas can spin this shyt all they want but this shyt was supposed to make $150 mill + easy no questions asked.

I've said 1000 times it should have went

-Man of Steel
-Batman solo (show Joker stealing Kryptonite like in The Cartoon. He interacts with Supes then. You can cross with Luther here too with rebuilding Metropolis)
-Wonder Woman
-Man of Steel 2 ( with Braniac)
-Flash
-Aquaman
-Green Lantern remake

And THEN Justice League. Man of Steel dropped on 2013 and by then by 2019-2020 Justice League would have been phenomenal.

You could hav had TV shows on Amazon with Teen Titans (or a flick) and put lesser known characters in high profile flicks (ala Ant-Man)

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Brussel
WB executive destroyed the scenario, the effect to please critics and Marvel fan.
The end result is a wack movies who made less money than the Batman vs Superman...
DC Universe is dead.