Just started watching the shield

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Rewatching now... A few things..

Season 1 finale ends the same as the show... Mackey stands in his kitchen when Corrine leaves, having a panic attack.. Then.... He gets up from the table, puts on his jacket, grabs his gun, and runs out the door. Same as the end. Didn't hear sirens though.

Shane is the one who starts things getting out of hand. Season 2, ep 1, Mackey asks Shane for his cut of some job. Shane says "while you been taking time off, I stepped things up. I stepped up shipments, distribution..." Mackey flips out "We're middle men keeping the peace, not drug dealers." He was pissed. This lead to the Mexican drug lord mix up.. Which lead to the money train...

Probably the film quality makes it look like a 90s show. The Sopranos episodes from the same time look more modern IMO.
Hand cam vs stationary cam is one reason. Budget is the second.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Damn shame the show isn't on Netflix. Also you can barely find clips on Youtube. Both have really hurt its legacy IMO. To me, The Shield is arguably a top 5 show. And it has the best finale season of any show and, by far, the best finale episode. No one is even in the same ballpark when it comes to the finale.
It used to be on Amazon for a bit. Pretty sure it should be in Hulu now since they have FX. Might be time for another rewatch:wow:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I hated Shane so much that it really took me until Justified to realize how much of a powerhouse of an actor Walton Goggins is:wow:

I've seen the character posted a couple times. I would have never expected such a performance from Anthony Andersen:wow:

The Shield also has one of the best collective casts of "antagonists" in any one hour drama, both in characterization and performance.

I HATED Shane with a passion but Walton Goggins is such a good actor that he actually got me to feel bad for him those last few episodes.

He was easily the best actor on the show.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I know I know I'm super late :whoa:

Im on ep. 4 this shyt is piff:whew:

I was watching it and the dude was playing Dreamcast. I was thinking wtf:dahell: he playing that old shyt for and I look up the date on the first episode and it said 2002 :damn::damn::damn:

Sticky Fingaz appearance :pachaha:

Og black ranger Zack :gladbron:

The black cop is a fakkit :beli:
I literally just finished episode 4 and started to make this thread :heh:

This show is also a 'cameo appearance' hit row, like law and order

4.5 episodes in and we got
  • Sticky Fingaz
  • The Black Ranger
  • Walter Groggins early on
  • Guy Torry
I'm in, this is my "working from home today" binge watch show now lol

Daps
I literally just finished episode 4 and started to make this thread :heh:

This show is also a 'cameo appearance' hit row, like law and order

4.5 episodes in and we got
  • Sticky Fingaz
  • The Black Ranger
  • Walter Groggins early on
  • Guy Torry
I'm in, this is my "working from home today" binge watch show now lol

You aint seen nothing yet :mjgrin: don't read this thread, spoilers everywhere.

There's some stuff that you want to be surprised about.

4 episodes in, how does it taste? How does it taste? :mjgrin:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I get the anti hero shyt but I never rooted for Mackey so that was the difference.
Man I must of been the only person rooting for Kavaughn (Forest Whittaker) during season 4, Mackey is easily one of the biggest pieces of shyt as a main character didnt have much sympathy after the first episode.

Last edited:
Daps
Man I must of been the only person rooting for Kavaughn (Forest Whittaker) during season 4, Mackey is easily one of the biggest pieces of shyt as a main character didnt have much sympathy after the first episode.

I was rooting for Kavanaugh for a min but then he lost me with his shenanigans. I was looking at him like the chief was looking at him :beli:

In the last season, I would have rooted for that racist Shane against Vic. But Shane killed Lem :mjcry:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I was rooting for Kavanaugh for a min but then he lost me with his shenanigans. I was looking at him like the chief was looking at him :beli:

In the last season, I would have rooted for that racist Shane against Vic. But Shane killed Lem :mjcry:
Kavanauagh went crazy once he started going at Vic's wife
never liked Shane either the way he did the one brotha in the squad and the basketball player on the job

:mjpls:
I remember when
the ex-chief was crying about going to mexico with 10k and Shane said man shyt all them pesos in Mexico with the beans and the rice. :laff:

Last edited: