Just started watching the shield

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chiklis always seems jovial and light hearted in interviews I see these days lol

He really should be getting more roles though
he may be back to normal, and i have seen some where he does just act like an actor drama nerd, but i swear around the time i would see him in interviews acting like some vic mackey tough guy

Daps

this still holds up as maybe the craziest shyt i ever saw on TV. i don't rate the shield as my favorite show because there were a couple throw away seasons, but the finale is top 5 finales easily.

it's doesn't match the quality of the wire but the highs were just as high showing the corruption in the LAPD.

also where I discovered CCH Pounder who is truly an unfukkwitable actress.

What season is a throw away season?? :mjtf:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he may be back to normal, and i have seen some where he does just act like an actor drama nerd, but i swear around the time i would see him in interviews acting like some vic mackey tough guy

What you might be thinking of, and what relates to the other comment about him now being typecast as Vic, is The Shield was Chiklis' role that broke his string of always being typecast as the loveable chubby Dad. His last role before The Shield was the sitcom Daddio and so he was intentionally trying to push for this change of perception with this character and played it up in interviews b/c, as he says at the top of this interview, he never wanted to play the jolly fat dad role ever again, so he was making sure people saw him as something different in any appearance around this time: