Just started Boxing...Tips and advice?

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
work your jab to the space in front of the head. work your jab to the space in front of the head and repeat repeat repeat. when you work your jab to the space in front of the head it won't pass through your opponents slip space and get countered and thats why when you are working your jab to the space in front of the head your opponent is going to start coming to you to try to force your jab to pass through into slip space to counter it. this is what you want. use the ring to maintain a constant connection to the space in front of the head and continue working it with your jab.

gqlUvmj.gif

qvwIZoe.gif

start to introduce a hard jab to the head by pushing off of your right foot and stepping in to get your jab to come through the space in front of the head that you are working and hit the head instead. use your legs, hips, chest, and shoulder to start to feint this movement. continue working your jab to the space in front of the head and mixing in your hard jab and feint.

when you are at the gym and you are shadowboxing get in front of the mirror and work your jab, your hard jab, and your feint in front of it. your goal here is to try to synchronize each movement to have the same appearance. the amount of force that you are pushing off of from your right foot determines how long or how short your jab is going to go meaning that you can change the amount of force you are pushing off of from your right foot to lie to your opponent about how long your jab is. when you can work your jab like this you can start to make a guy get very tentative because he has to guess every time you work your jab to the space in front of the head whether each jab is just going to go to that space or come through it and hit the head. this is going to make it a lot more easy to do the rest of your work. you didn't name this fighter but the guy you want to see to understand how this really works is ricardo lopez.

Figured I'd put this in here from when dude was helping me with my jab......send a rep to the breh Yuzo

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Yuzo is a damn guru of this. Just when you think you're knowledgeable, this dude comes along.

Just shows and prices that knowledge is infinite. Peace @Tuaminator

His prediction of how Floyd would use his jab and right hand against Manny were spot on :wow:

You never stop learning in boxing man :wow:

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
His prediction of how Floyd would use his jab and right hand against Manny were spot on :wow:

You never stop learning in boxing man :wow:
His articulation is crazy. We can think it, but he has a way of painting what we see. This is why I look at fights from an analytical point of view as a chess match, my fav boxers of today are chess players in the ring, Hop, Floyd and SOG. Old fights are the best. I hope dude is a coach somewhere.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
His articulation is crazy. We can think it, but he has a way of painting what we see. This is why I look at fights from an analytical point of view as a chess match, my fav boxers of today are chess players in the ring, Hop, Floyd and SOG. Old fights are the best. I hope dude is a coach somewhere.

Yup breh dropped some gems in my pm's :mjcry:

boxing is something that's hard to teach with the person in front of you, for him to be able to help brehs with just gifs and words is some :wow: shyt when you think about it. I was saying in the pull counter thread how nikkas though I was going to another gym or some shyt :russ: I went from not being able to do it at all to being decent with it. I hope he is a coach too breh has a gift.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Yuzo is a damn guru of this. Just when you think you're knowledgeable, this dude comes along.

Just shows and proves that knowledge is infinite. Peace @Tuaminator
Peace to the God, i have gained a plethora of tips and traits from the major contributors in here, some nice display and explanation. This also gels well with the prediction debates/posts of fights to come..very very interesting!

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Yuzo do you have any advice? I'm doing muay Thai but I find myself moving like Ali being on my toes. I want to be more dynamic but still being able to be explosive with kicks as well as working a nice jab.

PJTech

Pro
Daps
@Yuzo do you have any advice? I'm doing muay Thai but I find myself moving like Ali being on my toes. I want to be more dynamic but still being able to be explosive with kicks as well as working a nice jab.

Are there any thai style, K 1 or glory fighters you watch or have as favourites?