Just Saw That Movie 'Fargo'...

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
1 season of 10 episodes. It's a self-contained story too. Season 2 is a different story. Peep it, it's great.

Fred.
breh i legit can't wait for season 2..it was the most fun show of 2014

• Dap
Reactions: hex

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
My most anticipated for 2015 are:

1. "Better Call Saul"
2. "Hannibal"
3. "Fargo"
4. "True Detective"
5. "The Knick"

Fred.

i'm shocked breh :troll:

for some reason i'm just not anticipating it.. i have a bad feeling and wasn't feeling the previews.. how much is gilligan involved?

i definitely agree with the other 4. and the Utopia Remake would be my 5th if its a 2015 show

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
for some reason i'm just not anticipating it.. i have a bad feeling and wasn't feeling the previews.. how much is gilligan involved?

heisendahell_zps5aa71bf0.png

How, his last album was "The Chronic"?

Gilligan and Peter Gould (who created the character) are the showrunners. Every writer on the show worked on "Breaking Bad", they even got the same guy (David Porter) to do the score.

I seriously doubt it'll be as good as "Breaking Bad" but Gilligan ain't dropped anything wack since 1995 so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I wasn't sure if "Utopia" was confirmed for 2015 but if it is put it in the #3 spot and drop "Fargo" to #4 and "TD" to #5.

Fred.

Gil Scott-Heroin

āœŠšŸæ
Daps
No this movie is not good. And i fukks with the series... checked out the movie bc of the series. Movie isn't trash but it isn't good either...
:merchant:

The film is a cotdamn classic in every way, whereas the series is a diluted, forced attempt at trying to recreate the magic of the original piece.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
It's always weird in conversations like this about movies that undeniably changed what's come after them, or were the first in what became a trend/trope. If you think this is overrated or nothing special, t's because you have been watching it's children for almost 20 years.

It'd be like someone seeing the matrix for the first time in 2017 and saying the action was "nothing special" and they "don't get the hype" or it's overrated. Because it's been swagger jacked 100 times over the last 18 years for better or worse, you couldn't convey how insane and mind blowing it was seeing it in 1999.

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
:merchant:

The film is a cotdamn classic in every way, whereas the series is a diluted, forced attempt at trying to recreate the magic of the original piece.

Nah breh the series is entertaining and well written. Has a subtle humor and a supernatural element lacking in the movie. Every single person in the movie is a dumbfukk. Not necessarily a deal breaker but you don't care about anybody in the film. Too much unnecessary filler that does little to nothing for the plot. The lying Asian.. pointless. Buscemi's lack of shock at the amount of money and where he hides it is just a plot dead end. Maybe an opening for a sequel. I love how the series handles the burried money. Kept hearing about the woodchipper scene. Underwhelming. Just a Robert Rodriguez unnecessary gore insert for shock value. Buscemi provoking his psycho silent partner (not a great casting choice imo) over a car he just used to flee a murder scene. He's rich take the truck fukk the car. The whole midwest clueless vibe just became stale and turned annoying in the movie. Season 1 is better than season 2 but they are both way better than the movie. Maybe im too late to the party and Fargo is one of those you had to have seen it in that moment types but i did not finish feeling like i had watched a classic...