Just Saw That Movie 'Fargo'...

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Perfect film to me. The pacing, the music, the acting, the characters...everything works. And the violence is so casual and jarring that even watching it multiple times doesn't really prepare you for it.

If you've ever been in a situation where a house of cards you created thru deception or lies was falling apart, that shyt really gonna stick with you. Everyone has been in a situation where you've bullshytted about something...sometimes you get away with it, every now and then you get caught in the web.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Perfect film to me. The pacing, the music, the acting, the characters...everything works. And the violence is so casual and jarring that even watching it multiple times doesn't really prepare you for it.

If you've ever been in a situation where a house of cards you created thru deception or lies was falling apart, that shyt really gonna stick with you. Everyone has been in a situation where you've bullshytted about something...sometimes you get away with it, every now and then you get caught in the web.

Never bullshyted to that extent. but i can dig it.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I just watched the movie for the 1st time. My dad has been wanting me to start the Fargo series and I realized I never actually watched the movie despite knowing about it.

I was :ehh: I thoroughly enjoyed it. Top notch casting. The accents had me :mjlol: Pure buffonery and fukkery throughout the whole movie.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I just watched the movie for the 1st time. My dad has been wanting me to start the Fargo series and I realized I never actually watched the movie despite knowing about it.

I was :ehh: I thoroughly enjoyed it. Top notch casting. The accents had me :mjlol: Pure buffonery and fukkery throughout the whole movie.
It's a testament to the movie that I probably underrated the show in comparison. I'd have to search for the thread, but I lowkey shytted on season 1 because of how much it seemed like a "ripoff" of the movie.

I know there are a lot of fans of Martin McDonagh's work on this forum (Seven Psychopaths, In Bruges, Three Billboards) and I am one of them. As much as I fukk with those movies, I see the Coen DNA in those films through and through. Fargo is legit one of the more influential pieces of cinema in the last 30 years.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
It's a testament to the movie that I probably underrated the show in comparison. I'd have to search for the thread, but I lowkey shytted on season 1 because of how much it seemed like a "ripoff" of the movie.

I know there are a lot of fans of Martin McDonagh's work on this forum (Seven Psychopaths, In Bruges, Three Billboards) and I am one of them. As much as I fukk with those movies, I see the Coen DNA in those films through and through. Fargo is legit one of the more influential pieces of cinema in the last 30 years.
It was beautifully cast and shot. The deadpan expressions and accents made it seem even more authentic. You could see the attention to detail on every scene. I am mad I took this long to watch it

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I plan on rewatching this soon. It's free on Youtube and Amazon Prime Video has it.

My wife never saw the original, but we've watched every season of the show, she's in for some shyt
:mjlol: