Just saw 12 Years a Slave

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
In a lot of ways Django was a comedy.

Django was never a serious film about slavery no matter how desperately some tried to pretend it was. In a weird way Django will probably make 12 years that much more powerful since dumbasses probably think they've seen the true terrors of slavery in Tarantino's film, so they're in for the shock and gut punch of their life.

With that said I hope this doesn't result in a Slavery film boom. There's more to the African American experience than our fight for freedom.
I really think people are going to be embarrassed by the standing they tried to give Django after seeing this film, or pretend they never said it.

12 Years really put the horrors of slavery -- ON ALL LEVELS -- right in front of the viewers face.

Brehs they
had a scene where they were auctioning off a pretty mulatto girl because they wanted to rape her when she got old enough :damn:

but what made it so sickening was that it was said so nonchalantly and wasnt a big deal at all in the movie. THAT WAS SLAVERY! :damn:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
this movie :wow: ...................:sadcam:...........................:noah:.........patsy :lupe:...................................:wow:

my soul started to cry a little bit when they started singing john the baptist because i remembered my late grandmother singing it in church a couple of times :sadbron: and then i started remembering my parents showing me the segregated elementary schools they went to....:wow:...

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so this movie took fruitvale station's spot for best picture?

Both films should get Oscar nods and both lead actors should get oscar nods....but I don't see that happening.

As fukked up as Hollywood is I wouldn't be shocked if Fassbender was the only person involved in the movie to win an Oscar for his work.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Both films should get Oscar nods and both lead actors should get oscar nods....but I don't see that happening.

As fukked up as Hollywood is I wouldn't be shocked if Fassbender was the only person involved in the movie to win an Oscar for his work.

Same shyt that happened with Django.

Also for those that have seen it do you think McQueen deserves a best director nod?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Nah, this will get a ton of noms, possibly at the expense of Fruitvale Station (because I doubt they'll nominate two 'black' movies). Winning any is going to be the hard part because the Hollywood racists will jump on any movie's dikk if they think it can steal this movie's shine away. It worked for the homophobes when they all jumped on the Crash hype train to get it beat Brokeback Mountain for Best Film.

But honestly, awards shows are a bunch of bullshyt anyway so you shouldn't even be caring about whether it wins some manipulated industry awards or not. Fassbender has already said he's not going to do any campaigning for his role after realizing how much bullshyt it is when he did some campaigning for Shame and I doubt Steve McQueen would give a damn if he got a pat on the back by the Hollywood establishment either.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, this will get a ton of noms, possibly at the expense of Fruitvale Station (because I doubt they'll nominate two 'black' movies). Winning any is going to be the hard part because the Hollywood racists will jump on any movie's dikk if they think it can steal this movie's shine away. It worked for the homophobes when they all jumped on the Crash hype train to get it beat Brokeback Mountain for Best Film.

But honestly, awards shows are a bunch of bullshyt anyway so you shouldn't even be caring about whether it wins some manipulated industry awards or not. Fassbender has already said he's not going to do any campaigning for his role after realizing how much bullshyt it is when he did some campaigning for Shame and I doubt Steve McQueen would give a damn if he got a pat on the back by the Hollywood establishment either.

I'm not saying it's not gonna get nominations, I said I wouldn't be shocked if Fassbender is the only one to actually WIN an Oscar.

Truthfully there should be 3 black actors nominated for Best actor because even though the film was wack Forrest Whitiker was great in The Butler......but watch, Tom Hanks is gonna go home with the best male actor Oscar this year.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yeah, Jordan and Ejiofor should get Oscar noms for their roles. Truthfully only one will, and it will be Chiwetel

I think Hanks should get nominated tho.