Just saw 12 Years a Slave

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
The part that really got me is when the end came and he chose to beat that chick with the whip. Dude deserved to die right there man. This is how I see it. You already got called out years ago for not trying to reason with your master by the chick.( I actually understood him too on his reasoning of keeping quiet until he had a shot for freedom.) But I was under the impression that maybe this fool was about to be on his underground railroad steeze instead of being a top notch slave. Dude didnt do shyt when that chick was begging for help back then. But as soon as that chubby Shia LaBeouf looking dude started fukking with him he wanted to put it on the line. So fast forward to when the scene came up I just knew this dude was about to smack the fukk outta that cac with the whip. Instead he beat that chick smh

FUKKBOY, Epps threatened to start killing random slaves one by one until he started whipping Patsy. If he wanted to keep the bleak hope of seeing his family again and keeping suffering on the plantation to a minimum, he had no choice but to whip Patsy. Not to mention that Patsy yelled that she wanted him to do it.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You smart dumb nikkas are really something. :dwillhuh:

First off, he didn't view himself as a white man. He viewed himself as a FREE man, which is what he was. He'd been free long enough to make a steady wage, make a family, and buy a home.

Secondly, yeah he did fall into despair, but how long did it take? 10-12 years? How many of y'all would've lasted that long.

(BTW, Solomon misjudged character more than a few times, but that's normal. You're not gonna live very long without trying to trust someone.)

Finally, they're never gonna make a Nat Turner so you c00ns better just give that shyt up. Sooner or later, you'd have to show a scene of Nat killing white babies, and nobody's (Black, white, whatever) financing a movie with that in it. I think some of you proposing these movie ideas don't know how to sell a movie to potential distributors and movie producers.

Where I mention we need a Nat Turner flick? :blink:

2nd, why is it hard for you to believe he view himself as like the white man at the start of the film and devolved to self-awareness due to his own experience. By the end of the film, it concluded he was no less free because the judicial system do not recognize black people with any kind of rights at all, no different from that of a slave. It also implied that for a black man, and a black man only "freedom" comes with papers proving you are "free" and the mere misplacement of loss of those peoples can easily ship you down south. It also showed the his decline towards hatred for playing the violin because it symbolized that everything he once loved to do he come to despise. He began playing the violin for the entertainment of white people with pride and ended up hating it for the same reason; playing for the entertainment of white people.

There parallels are symbolism are there.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You smart dumb nikkas are really something. :dwillhuh:

First off, he didn't view himself as a white man. He viewed himself as a FREE man, which is what he was. He'd been free long enough to make a steady wage, make a family, and buy a home.

Secondly, yeah he did fall into despair, but how long did it take? 10-12 years? How many of y'all would've lasted that long.

(BTW, Solomon misjudged character more than a few times, but that's normal. You're not gonna live very long without trying to trust someone.)

Finally, they're never gonna make a Nat Turner so you c00ns better just give that shyt up. Sooner or later, you'd have to show a scene of Nat killing white babies, and nobody's (Black, white, whatever) financing a movie with that in it. I think some of you proposing these movie ideas don't know how to sell a movie to potential distributors and movie producers.
There actually already is a recent Nat Turner film.
It's a short though. :yeshrug:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Of course he didn't. But there was always a chance, and that's what kept him going.

:mjpls: 8 more years he would've been chilling by a tree trying to cool off in the shade with a new chick like Kunta

JohnAmosTree-e1359408859843.jpg

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
FUKKBOY, Epps threatened to start killing random slaves one by one until he started whipping Patsy. If he wanted to keep the bleak hope of seeing his family again and keeping suffering on the plantation to a minimum, he had no choice but to whip Patsy. Not to mention that Patsy yelled that she wanted him to do it.
Fukkboy ? You mad nikka:russ: fukk you and and this goofy ass c00n fest of a thread. I could give a fukk less about this movie or how you half cacs feel or think. I guarantee any black consigning this movie is so far removed from anything black that in their mind this movie represent their voice against the struggle lol. Mental midgets * it's good cacs remember this so we continue to progress , I seen them silent in the theater. ...* :russ:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Mad at how fukking small Michael K Williams role was. nikka had like 5 mins of screentime

Not really feeling this movie. Seems to fukking forced in my opinion.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I couldn't make it past the first beating dude took. I turned this off. It was brutal. Maybe I'll try again later.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mad at how fukking small Michael K Williams role was. nikka had like 5 mins of screentime

Not really feeling this movie. Seems to fukking forced in my opinion.
Ironically Michael K. White's role was actually the REALEST muthafukka in the whole movie.... sad it had to be him :to:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I couldn't make it past the first beating dude took. I turned this off. It was brutal. Maybe I'll try again later.

Then you REALLY going to struggle through the near-hanging scene and Besty's one-take long bull whipping...