Just played through the 1st two Dragon Age games brehs

llt23

All Star
Daps
I hated DA2 also, it was clearly rushed.

Didn't even play Inquisition. Sounds like it was an improvement though? :ld:

Improvement over 2? Yes. A good game? Debatable. Lot of wack stuff and way less important game changing choices than in Origins. Origins really was the only good one and everything else was a step back. Inquisition might be worth it if it was like 10 bucks, but even then I find it hard to recommend. Theres better games out.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Currently about 30 hours into Inquisition and I am loving it. One thing thats annoying me though is that there is no way for me to see how powerful the enemies are going to be when I'm choosing levels on the War Table.

I was a level 11 Warrior starting off and playing the deep roads level (on casual mind you )and ran into a lvl 12 Revenant and it wiped out me and my squad 4 times before I managed to kill it :picard:

Got to the part where you have to fight through the dark spawn waves. Took me like an hour to get through that. I was running with 3 mages. Finally get to the end where I fight the Sha-Brytol and I see they are lvl 16:sadcam:

They cleaned my squad out twice before I left and went back to Skyhold:mjcry:
every revenant has the potential to kick your ass back to the menu screen

its supposed to be one of the hardest enemy types in the game

also, 3 mages? you should've known you were gonna get folded eventually...

Archangel

Banned
Daps
every revenant has the potential to kick your ass back to the menu screen

its supposed to be one of the hardest enemy types in the game

also, 3 mages? you should've known you were gonna get folded eventually...
Nah fam, I'm saying i didn't beat the Revenant until I ran with 3 mages. Since im a warrior, I attracted all the attention and they stood back killing him with magic. Same concept when I got to the darkspawn waves. Magic seems to work best against these op enemies as opposed to swords and battling up close.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Iron bull is worthless in this game. He’s a glass cannon, Always dies first. Him and cole were unusable for me.

Vivianne is OP once you activate knight enchanter. She can solo dragons. My dual rouge with vivianne, blackwall, and cassandra combo ran through game on nightmare easily
When does knight enchanter activate, at a certain level?

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
When does knight enchanter activate, at a certain level?
Turns character into warrior mage. Don’t remember the level but they introduce the specialties in a mission. Enchanter gets Barrier back when it deals damage. So you deal the most damage as a mage and barely take any danage because of your barrier.

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Yeah I tried recently to get into DAI again after taking a a year long + hiatus and the game just isn't for me. I liked it at first but found it's deeply flawed. The combat is the biggest turn off, DAO clearly has the best combat in the entire series. DAO origins is the last bioware game made in the same mold as KOTOR and Jade Empire. The classic Leliana song in the first DAO :wow:

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Turns character into warrior mage. Don’t remember the level but they introduce the specialties in a mission. Enchanter gets Barrier back when it deals damage. So you deal the most damage as a mage and barely take any danage because of your barrier.

:ohhh: sounds dope.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
DAI with all the dlc and updates is probably the best game you've played this year :yeshrug:

I'm convinced people played DAO with nostalgia goggles on and on easy with multiple saves - no disrespect (because that's the best way to remember KOTOR1) but that game had some of the shyttiest combat in its genre the moment shyt required any sort of threat prioritization, crowd control, or damage mitigation was supposed to kick in. It makes no fukking sense how shyt could spawn around you in a circle, with a group of perched enemies with ranged weapons who are protected by hidden traps shooting to cover them, and every thing could decide what it wanted to shoot at on a whim - oh and you have to watch out for AoE from mages that don't even require line of sight to blow your whole party up as a random ogre snatches your party off the ground in no particular order.

That games combat is shyt on anything past normal. and if you're not playing a mage or rogue? you played yourself

Last edited: