Just played through the 1st two Dragon Age games brehs

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I played through origins 3 times. fukking loved that game.

I know 2 got shyt on alot but I realy like it too. I feel you on the combat. Origins is way better overall though

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Origins felt so sluggish. I loved the sped up quicker action of da 2:yeshrug:

Don't let these people get at you OP - Dragon Age 2 was hated on for a lot of shyt but never gets credit for what it does right. That combat is A1, the cast is solid, ARISHAK is the best villain in the entire series. Plenty of shyt to do.

The biggest heat it got was because it was called a direct sequel. It was a new protagonist, removed almost entirely from DAO, it was locked into one area more or less, and even at the end you never make a 'real' difference. It should've been called a spin off and everything would've been fine. Instead people treat it like it was Deus Ex 2.

Its funny because the combat from Mass Effect 3 that everyone loves comes directly from the foundation of Dragon Age 2 :mjpls:

DAO aged like shyt though. For real.... tried replaying that again and outside of the story its horrendous. The combat is by far the most unbalanced shyt from bioware since day one SWTOR. Its not just bad, but mages will be nuking you from 4 rooms over while you're forced to run through rooms filled with obstacles like barriers of broken tables and oil covered floors. DA2 was bad for it too, but DAO LOVES to surround you with bullshyt random spawns. What makes it worse than DA2 is the fact that there's very few proper tanking/aggro systems available for the player (or even the enemy). Its a shyt show. Hell, the community had to patch in AoE damage for two handed weapons because otherwise there's no fukking purpose to an entire class.

I can get liking the RPG aspects of DAO, but the thing is that there are much better by the numbers RPGs for that type of thing. DAO lived on its accessibility and its story options and never by its combat, loot, or even its characters. If Baldur's Gate and all the other stuff was too much for you, DAO brought you in and held you close.

For the Western Action RPG? DA2 was a founding father whether people want to admit it or not :win:

Dragon age 2 is the best :ahh:

DA2 has soooooooo much potential. The team didn't get to finish the damn game. The city was supposed to change over time at different points in the game. Also, they messed up the ending.

FINALLY!. Folks who have taste :wow:

DA2 is one of my favorite games of all time.

Sarcastic Hawke had me rolling :russ:

I like the combat way more than DA:O, felt fast, kinetic, violent :mjgrin:

I actually enjoyed the story for what it was. You were a witness to a big event in the history of the world, I don't have to always be the savior. I liked that the characters and the city grew up around you.

I wish they had a chance to finish the game the proper way, because that could have been an even more amazing game:wow:

I finished it eight times. Finished DA:O twice and DA:I once :mjpls:

savagek

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought I was crazy. I've played through all 3 games multiple times and although i think origins is better game. Dragon age 2 is easily one of my favorite games of all time. Gets way too much undeserved hate. I think if they had not rushed it, the game would have been a masterpiece.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
FINALLY!. Folks who have taste :wow:

DA2 is one of my favorite games of all time.

Sarcastic Hawke had me rolling :russ:

I like the combat way more than DA:O, felt fast, kinetic, violent :mjgrin:

I actually enjoyed the story for what it was. You were a witness to a big event in the history of the world, I don't have to always be the savior. I liked that the characters and the city grew up around you.

I wish they had a chance to finish the game the proper way, because that could have been an even more amazing game:wow:

I finished it eight times. Finished DA:O twice and DA:I once :mjpls:
I thought I was crazy. I've played through all 3 games multiple times and although i think origins is better game. Dragon age 2 is easily one of my favorite games of all time. Gets way too much undeserved hate. I think if they had not rushed it, the game would have been a masterpiece.
Had no idea da 2 was an unfinished product. It was such a great game wow.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Currently about 30 hours into Inquisition and I am loving it. One thing thats annoying me though is that there is no way for me to see how powerful the enemies are going to be when I'm choosing levels on the War Table.

I was a level 11 Warrior starting off and playing the deep roads level (on casual mind you )and ran into a lvl 12 Revenant and it wiped out me and my squad 4 times before I managed to kill it :picard:

Got to the part where you have to fight through the dark spawn waves. Took me like an hour to get through that. I was running with 3 mages. Finally get to the end where I fight the Sha-Brytol and I see they are lvl 16:sadcam:

They cleaned my squad out twice before I left and went back to Skyhold:mjcry:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Currently about 30 hours into Inquisition and I am loving it. One thing thats annoying me though is that there is no way for me to see how powerful the enemies are going to be when I'm choosing levels on the War Table.

I was a level 11 Warrior starting off and playing the deep roads level (on casual mind you )and ran into a lvl 12 Revenant and it wiped out me and my squad 4 times before I managed to kill it :picard:

Got to the part where you have to fight through the dark spawn waves. Took me like an hour to get through that. I was running with 3 mages. Finally get to the end where I fight the Sha-Brytol and I see they are lvl 16:sadcam:

They cleaned my squad out twice before I left and went back to Skyhold:mjcry:
Try to keep balanced team until you level up. I always had cassandra or Blackwall on the team because their your tanks and draw attention.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Try to keep balanced team until you level up. I always had cassandra or Blackwall on the team because their your tanks and draw attention.
That was usually what I did though bro. I usually had my warrior, ironbull, blackwall and a mage. Problem is, since the warriors fight up close, they'd get killed early on especially by an enemy that can do damage to multiple people with one attack.

I had to run with 3 ranged mages so Id be the tank and draw attention while they stand back and pick nikkas off :wow:

Vivienne, Solas & Dorrian saved my life so many times

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
That was usually what I did though bro. I usually had my warrior, ironbull, blackwall and a mage. Problem is, since the warriors fight up close, they'd get killed early on especially by an enemy that can do damage to multiple people with one attack.

I had to run with 3 ranged mages so Id be the tank and draw attention while they stand back and pick nikkas off :wow:

Vivienne, Solas & Dorrian saved my life so many times
Iron bull is worthless in this game. He’s a glass cannon, Always dies first. Him and cole were unusable for me.

Vivianne is OP once you activate knight enchanter. She can solo dragons. My dual rouge with vivianne, blackwall, and cassandra combo ran through game on nightmare easily